Tired of Poor Quality software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe other people have fewer problems and enjoy their Lucid cars. I am happy for them. Having a Tesla S, 2018 Model ( when the HIFI system, the side cameras, and the better screen became standard), I do believe Tesla S is a better choice; it is significantly cheaper, especially for people who enjoy autopilot- I do not have the full self-drive, I would need to change the computer for a 1000 and pay 100/mo, but I love the regular auto-pilot-good car/pedestrian detection, lane change, real accident avoidance, etc. I guess if I did not have the Tesla I would have enjoyed the Lucid more

I have so many software problems, the door not working(back left), and I am no longer driving the car. I am driving the Tesla Model S and waiting for Lucid to fix my car. The trunk opens halfway sometimes. The right front mirror is folding in but not coming out; the right front window is not opening; it cannot open the right front passenger door from the outside; the left back door handle makes a crazy noise. A neverending list of problems, totally unacceptable for such an expensive car.

Now, after driving both cars, I realize Lucid sounds somewhat better than Tesla in the mid frequencies, but Tesla blows away the Lucid when it comes to deep bass. The Dream Drive is just a dream, I am sure this car will never self-drive, and I paid 9000 -the price before the increase for self-drive. The driver assistance and the self-parking are disappointing. I have had this car for three months; it is a total source of frustration. If the space between 2 cars is tight, but it is possible to parallel park, Lucid will not detect it. Or detected as perpendicular. A car that is so "smart" cannot "understand " that only parallel parking would suit a specific area. I had a Lincoln MKZ hybrid that would go back and forth ( I just had to switch it from D to R, Lincoln did the steering) and park in tight spaces. One day the top and bottom right screens went blank. I exited the car, re-entered, and it displayed "tablet restarting " for minutes. I was blocking the street. I could not start the car. Turn the left signal on, lock the car, leave for 2 minutes, then go back, and it starts.

I am going to vent here and say it out loud. I am frustrated and hope Lucid will go bankrupt; Elon will buy it and have his team write better software.

Regarding adaptative cruise control/accident avoidance. Is this car using the Lidar at all? If I drive 50/hour, many times will fail to detect stationary cars or detect them too late; I have to intervene and cannot take a chance to see if it will brake at the last moment.

Self-driving on the freeway is a joke; if the curve is too steep, it asks me to take over.

I bought a shiny toy I did not need. People stare at it daily, which is not what I bought it for. I just wanted it to work properly. I am scared to take long trips out of state since I do not want to get stranded.
Those mechanical issues you are experiencing is a bummer and I do hope Lucid fixes them for you, however, the self drive functionality not being up to your expectations is all your fault.

Never ever has Lucid ever claimed their DreamDrive system as a self driving system. They advertise it strictly as a level 2 with potential to be a level 3 system in the future.
Also, they neve claim to be able to detect stationary objects and warn about that scenario in the user manual.

As politely as I can say this, please leave. Wishing bankruptcy for a company is in bad form and not what we want from a community member here.

I have so many software problems, the door not working(back left), and I am no longer driving the car. I am driving the Tesla Model S and waiting for Lucid to fix my car. The trunk opens halfway sometimes. The right front mirror is folding in but not coming out; the right front window is not opening; it cannot open the right front passenger door from the outside; the left back door handle makes a crazy noise. A neverending list of problems, totally unacceptable for such an expensive car.

Now, after driving both cars, I realize Lucid sounds somewhat better than Tesla in the mid frequencies, but Tesla blows away the Lucid when it comes to deep bass. The Dream Drive is just a dream, I am sure this car will never self-drive, and I paid 9000 -the price before the increase for self-drive. The driver assistance and the self-parking are disappointing. I have had this car for three months; it is a total source of frustration. If the space between 2 cars is tight, but it is possible to parallel park, Lucid will not detect it. Or detected as perpendicular. A car that is so "smart" cannot "understand " that only parallel parking would suit a specific area. I had a Lincoln MKZ hybrid that would go back and forth ( I just had to switch it from D to R, Lincoln did the steering) and park in tight spaces. One day the top and bottom right screens went blank. I exited the car, re-entered, and it displayed "tablet restarting " for minutes. I was blocking the street. I could not start the car. Turn the left signal on, lock the car, leave for 2 minutes, then go back, and it starts.

I am going to vent here and say it out loud. I am frustrated and hope Lucid will go bankrupt; Elon will buy it and have his team write better software.

Regarding adaptative cruise control/accident avoidance. Is this car using the Lidar at all? If I drive 50/hour, many times will fail to detect stationary cars or detect them too late; I have to intervene and cannot take a chance to see if it will brake at the last moment.

Self-driving on the freeway is a joke; if the curve is too steep, it asks me to take over.

I bought a shiny toy I did not need. People stare at it daily, which is not what I bought it for. I just wanted it to work properly. I am scared to take long trips out of state since I do not want to get stranded.
Can you share some videos of the cars issue you mention?

Those mechanical issues you are experiencing is a bummer and I do hope Lucid fixes them for you, however, the self drive functionality not being up to your expectations is all your fault.

Never ever has Lucid ever claimed their DreamDrive system as a self driving system. They advertise it strictly as a level 2 with potential to be a level 3 system in the future.
Also, they neve claim to be able to detect stationary objects and warn about that scenario in the user manual.

As politely as I can say this, please leave. Wishing bankruptcy for a company is in bad form and not what we want from a community member here.
Lucid told me in phone conversations that Self Drive will eventually arrive. I believed them. And I think it was misleading; due to the poor quality of existing software, I doubt they have engineers good enough to figure out the full self-drive. With all due respect, why do you say " what we want "? Are you so sure about how everybody on the forum feels?

Do you read their minds? Members upvoted and liked my posts before... Do not worry; I rarely post.

Lucid told me in phone conversations that Self Drive will eventually arrive. I believed them. And I think it was misleading; due to the poor quality of existing software, I doubt they have engineers good enough to figure out the full self-drive. With all due respect, why do you say " what we want "? Are you so sure about how everybody on the forum feels?

Do you read their minds? Members upvoted and liked my posts before... Do not worry; I rarely post.
He says 'we' because he's a moderator. The moderators do not want people who are wanting the company to fail to be here, nor do the general users. I don't know why anyone would wish for Lucid, or any other company, to fail because they're having issues with the product. It's a brand new car from a brand new company. You should have known there'd be growing pains.

Not sure why someone from Lucid would tell you self driving would be coming. As @hydbob said, Lucid has never mentioned that. The highest they've mentioned is Highway Pilot, which should be hands free driving on the highway only, but they have never given a timeframe for this.

If you're that unhappy with your car, why still plan to modify the sound system? Why not just sell it?

Am new to the EV world so not vested in brands etc. Love my Jaguar, now love the Lucid. I have to say your name handle on this forum is interesting. Most people are here to learn and share. Not compare. And if the company fails you would not get your repairs done, so no one in their right intent would wish that due to your own vested interest. Are you really an owner?

Am new to the EV world so not vested in brands etc. Love my Jaguar, now love the Lucid. I have to say your name handle on this forum is interesting. Most people are here to learn and share. Not compare. And if the company fails you would not get your repairs done, so no one in their right intent would wish that due to your own vested interest. Are you really an owner?
No, I am not. I work for Musk trying to discredit Lucid

Attachments

• l1.pdf
    882.4 KB · Views: 171
  • l2.pdf
    337.7 KB · Views: 114
  • l3.pdf
    225.1 KB · Views: 104
The door handle and mirror stick out after I lock it. Sometimes they go in but do not come out. The tech fixed it, but now another door has problems. The screen went black, then said the tablet restarting. Could not drive it for 7 minutes. 130 k car

Attachments

• 86d447a1a28d519041fbd153b106ade530f75c10-1.jpeg
    86d447a1a28d519041fbd153b106ade530f75c10-1.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 42094ea1c0d6e0baa27827fd6b6c4274ec98ddaa-1 (1).jpeg
    42094ea1c0d6e0baa27827fd6b6c4274ec98ddaa-1 (1).jpeg
    230.9 KB · Views: 84
  • f15c9f56fc60d44fb70ae04190a2b17ef57ee9a8-1 (1).jpeg
    f15c9f56fc60d44fb70ae04190a2b17ef57ee9a8-1 (1).jpeg
    604.2 KB · Views: 84
Grey Lucid Black tesla. Now I drive the Tesla, at least I have a backup car

Attachments

• lt.jpeg
    lt.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 77
He says 'we' because he's a moderator. The moderators do not want people who are wanting the company to fail to be here, nor do the general users. I don't know why anyone would wish for Lucid, or any other company, to fail because they're having issues with the product. It's a brand new car from a brand new company. You should have known there'd be growing pains.

Not sure why someone from Lucid would tell you self driving would be coming. As @hydbob said, Lucid has never mentioned that. The highest they've mentioned is Highway Pilot, which should be hands free driving on the highway only, but they have never given a timeframe for this.

If you're that unhappy with your car, why still plan to modify the sound system? Why not just sell it?
I was very upset. I made the reservation 2 1/2 years ago and was very excited. I guess I exaggerated, I am not sure I want them to fail, but if they do, the employees will work for the new owner. It was more of a hyperbole-what I said, I want them to have better software engineers. Maybe it was a bad comment, but again, the quality Is unacceptable. I have misaligned trims, also.

The issues I am having are unacceptable for a car so expensive. They told me about future auto-pilot, and they told me they had more sensors than Tesla; I asked many questions about autopilot. I do not regret buying the car. At least looks nice, and I enjoy having two cars; I am just very annoyed. The salespeople and customer service are very friendly. I bought it for the long-range, I only have 220 miles on Tesla, but I am afraid to drive too far because I got the blank screen incident- pictures posted -"tablet starting " message; I have the Touring, not the grand Touring.

You are also incoherent
When I first got my car, I had a few similar issues, and they were promptly fixed. I was nice to Lucid and the tech and they were always glad to come quickly to my home and make things right.
Is it possible that the same attitude and demeanor you display here is indeed the way you treat people, and more specifically Lucid?
You catch more flies with honey, friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back