Tire pressure and what triggers TPMS alert

Halodde

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I'm a little confused by this one. Any thoughts?
1000012527.jpg

Mine went off yesterday for the first time with one tire at 24 PSI. Definitely didn't notice any warnings prior to that. I have 19s on the Touring

Likely the tire pressure reading changed a little from the time the alert was triggered until you saw the pressures on the screen. Since it's rounded to whole PSI, you can't count on better than +-1 psi stability in reading.

Likely the tire pressure reading changed a little from the time the alert was triggered until you saw the pressures on the screen. Since it's rounded to whole PSI, you can't count on better than +-1 psi stability in reading.
Guessing that you are 100% correct because now, the rear right is alerting at 41 also

I'm not sure how Lucid determines when to trigger the warning, but my Lexus monitors the percent difference between the 4 tire pressures. That seemed to make sense for those that prefer to run higher or lower pressures than what is recommended.

Try resetting your tire settings in the settings on the car. I wonder if it’s in some weird state where half are 19s and half are 21s or something.

I'm not sure how Lucid determines when to trigger the warning, but my Lexus monitors the percent difference between the 4 tire pressures. That seemed to make sense for those that prefer to run higher or lower pressures than what is recommended.
Lucid doesn't compare tire pressures to each other. Just against the value set when the TPMS is reset. You can adjust them to any pressure within reason and reset the TPMS. The car will then tell you when one has dropped.

Back