Tips needed - Planning 1500 Miles round trip

TESLA tap? Have not heard of it. Do you have one, how did you get it? Did you set up a Tesla account prior to your road trip?

Is a Tesla destination charger different from a Tesla charger?

Thank you, that is critical information as charging at a level 2 charger is painfully SLOW. I suppose the operative word is “destination.” Sanity necessitates overnight charging. Are adapters available for Lucid to Tesla dc fast charger?

No, but as a part of getting additional government funding Tesla will be upgrading and open SC network to include CCS cables. Don’t expect this to happen fast.

Anybody know of a way to get Tesla destination chargers to show in the Lucid navigation app? I can see LOTs of J1772 chargers in the app, but no Tesla destination chargers.

Anybody know of a way to get Tesla destination chargers to show in the Lucid navigation app? I can see LOTs of J1772 chargers in the app, but no Tesla destination chargers.
Use Plugshare instead. It will show them and give more details along with a rating.

Here is a map of ALL the Tesla destination chargers in the US. Click on the location for even more information about Kw, directions, and permissions.

I used Plugshare and ABRP combination to plan my stops for charging. Also used the Electrify America app to make sure the information in all three matches. Plugshare is reliable for sure but no harm in cross verifying the information.

I used Plugshare and ABRP combination to plan my stops for charging. Also used the Electrify America app to make sure the information in all three matches. Plugshare is reliable for sure but no harm in cross verifying the information.
+1 for plug share. I have EVgo and ChargePoint apps on phone, also.

Anyone have an update on the better choice in Tesla Taps being suggested here? I note that @Tesla2.0 recommends the 50 amp, while @Bill55 posted the 80 amp mini.

Anyone have an update on the better choice in Tesla Taps being suggested here? I note that @Tesla2.0 recommends the 50 amp, while @Bill55 posted the 80 amp mini.
Some destination chargers are 16kW, that’s why I got the 80amp. I have used a few and they have delivered from 9kW to 13kW.

I deliberately avoided TeslaTap brand bc I read somewhere @Bunnylebowski had his broke off and had piece of TeslaTap head stuck at charging port which he had to get SC to fix it.

Some destination chargers are 16kW, that’s why I got the 80amp. I have used a few and they have delivered from 9kW to 13kW.
Good to know. Any issue with fit?

Good to know. Any issue with fit?
I’ve had no problems. I find it to be well made and has pluged and unplugged with no issues. I can only speak from personal experience and I’ve only used it maybe 6 times. The 80amp would also heat up less than the 50amp. If someone charged at 16kW with a 50amp adapter, it wouldn’t surprise me if heat and expansion would be a problem.

I have the TeslaTap MINI 60 amp. Very solid piece of equipment and has always worked well for me.

Frankly, there no need to use a fancy branded/specialized plug. Just have your electrician install a 4-prong dryer plug. Ive been using that for my Tesla for 8 years, and now my Lucid. It gives me 38 miles per hr of charge.... much faster than my Tesla charges.

For the record, one of my companies manufacturers. Installs and operates EV chargers, and still i use a standard dryer plug!! 😁

Back