Time to put some specs into perspective

Ungainly measurements. Like a German style city delivery truck.

Wait, what? Are you sure those are the LWB versions with the third row instead of the SWB?
(LWB is 196 inches long, but looks more like a van probably because of its shape. Actually shorter than gravity, which is impressive. However, third row doesn’t fold flat, still good cargo capacity due to van like height)
Even with long wheel base version, overlay length will be 195.35 in. It is still shorter than the Gravity by almost 3 inches.

The Rivian is definitely a nice car, but it is certainly not a true seven passenger vehicle. That third row is not a comfortable place to be for adults.

Yup like I said, I expect the gravity will be able to take away sales from R1S. More reasonable exterior size, more interior room, easier ingress/egress (rivian is really high and hard to get in for shorter people). There wasn’t much competition in the 7 seater suv space before the gravity. Soon we’ll have the EV9 as well

Even with long wheel base version, overlay length will be 195.35 in. It is still shorter than the Gravity by almost 3 inches.

Wheelbase
  • 2,988 mm (117.6 in) (SWB)
  • 3,238 mm (127.5 in) (LWB)
Length
  • 4,712 mm (185.5 in) (SWB)
  • 4,962 mm (195.4 in) (LWB)
Width1,985 mm (78.1 in)
Height1,937 mm (76.3 in)

Looking again at the competitor list, it seems like the Volvo EX90 is the closest competitor to Gravity on paper, and it has some attractive interior style. I would also add Cadillac Lyriq to the list with similar exterior dimensions. Many of these vehicles appear to have starting prices at $80k for obvious reasons but upcharges for larger battery packs, other options.

Looking again at the competitor list, it seems like the Volvo EX90 is the closest competitor to Gravity on paper, and it has some attractive interior style. I would also add Cadillac Lyriq to the list with similar exterior dimensions. Many of these vehicles appear to have starting prices at $80k for obvious reasons but upcharges for larger battery packs, other options.
I didn't include anything that wasn't able to seat 7.

I didn't include anything that wasn't able to seat 7.
The Hummer pick up can easily seat 7.
1700437561845.png

Back