Time Between Confirmed Order & DA Reach Out?

Soo what I'm hearing is things are moving faster towards VIN or delivery if and when the DA reaches out? Or is that just perception?

Depends on your perspective. From where I sit ordering grey/Mojave and confirming mid-November, I do not think that at all. There have been no VIN’s issued for grey no matter what the order or confirmation date was. Now, Red, black and white cars may be giving you that perception as they have issued VIN’s for those for confirmation dates across November, December and January. If fact, someone who ordered as late as November (with a January confirmation date) may get their car before someone who ordered a grey car in 2020 and confirmed early November.

Depends on your perspective. From where I sit ordering grey/Mojave and confirming mid-November, I do not think that at all. There have been no VIN’s issued for grey no matter what the order or confirmation date was, so I do not think that at all.
Found out today that the Grey paint batch that had been delivered from the manufacturer was off from their interior color palette so they rejected it. Then had to get a new batch from the manufacturer. That is what caused the delay. Also, the Santa Cruz carpet is from the same manufacturer as the Dream Santa Monica carpet so that is what delayed the interior. Also, only about 300 Dreams have been delivered, which surprised me. Reason was due to Dream specific parts.

How did you find that out? When did this happen? I am fine with that causing the delay as I want it to be right. Communication???

Depends on your perspective. From where I sit ordering grey/Mojave and confirming mid-November, I do not think that at all. There have been no VIN’s issued for grey no matter what the order or confirmation date was. Now, Red, black and white cars may be giving you that perception as they have issued VIN’s for those for confirmation dates across November, December and January. If fact, someone who ordered as late as November (with a January confirmation date) may get their car before someone who ordered a grey car in 2020 and confirmed early November.
*2019 😡

How did you find that out? When did this happen? I am fine with that causing the delay as I want it to be right. Communication???
Was at the studio today. Was through a conversation there.

2019!!! Sorry to rub salt In those wounds.

You are learning this stuff at the Studio? I would have though the DA’s would be telling us this. I am wondering if the delay you referred to was the overall delay in grey or just the week delay we are seeing now from their most recent estimates, not that it really matters.

Soo what I'm hearing is things are moving faster towards VIN or delivery if and when the DA reaches out? Or is that just perception?
don't think so. My SA introduced me to my DA the same week I confirmed mine. We then talked on the phone once and she asked some basic questions (like the address where i want to register, proof of driver's license etc.). I haven't heard from them since. She did say that she expects my car to be delivered in 4mos.

2019!!! Sorry to rub salt In those wounds.

You are learning this stuff at the Studio? I would have though the DA’s would be telling us this. I am wondering if the delay you referred to was the overall delay in grey or just the week delay we are seeing now from their most recent estimates, not that it really matters.
The angry face wasn't directed at you. Just overall frustration.

I'm guessing the bad batch was from the outset and is why the greys were delayed in the first place. I'm sure getting a whole new batch of grey paint is not a quick fix, especially if the supplier had to reconfigure their formula for it.

I didn“t think it was directed at me, we are close to the same boat. Those of us in the “grey delay” need to stick together.

I didn“t think it was directed at me, we are close to the same boat. Those of us in the “grey delay” need to stick together.
I just think the grey will get less dirty driving around NYC area. I don't want to stop and get car washes as often as I'd stop to fill up a non EV car. :)

Found out today that the Grey paint batch that had been delivered from the manufacturer was off from their interior color palette so they rejected it. Then had to get a new batch from the manufacturer. That is what caused the delay. Also, the Santa Cruz carpet is from the same manufacturer as the Dream Santa Monica carpet so that is what delayed the interior. Also, only about 300 Dreams have been delivered, which surprised me. Reason was due to Dream specific parts.
So they got the new batch in?

Also, only about 300 Dreams have been delivered, which surprised me. Reason was due to Dream specific parts.
I find it really hard to believe that between February 28th and now they've delivered nearly 0 Dreams since they were at 300 during their earnings call before anyone reported a GT delivery.

I find it really hard to believe that between February 28th and now they've delivered nearly 0 Dreams since they were at 300 during their earnings call before anyone reported a GT delivery.
We know that's not true, maybe they were saying the official number only. We have reports of dream deliveries on this forum after earnings call

We know that's not true, maybe they were saying the official number only. We have reports of dream deliveries on this forum after earnings call
What's the difference between official numbers and deliveries? Not trying to rag on your source @Sandvinsd, but even Lucid has posted Dream deliveries:

Who knows, maybe these were all taken in February.

What's the difference between official numbers and deliveries? Not trying to rag on your source @Sandvinsd, but even Lucid has posted Dream deliveries:

Who knows, maybe these were all taken in February.
Don’t shoot the messenger. Just reported what I was told. It made no sense to me either and the guy was probably just spouting off the earnings call numbers. FWIW, he also told a potential customer he could get a GT in 2-4 months 🤣🤣🤣

Back