Neurio

Referral Code: I79OY1W7
Verified Owner
Cars
Matte Grey Air GT
DE Number
Referral Code
I79OY1W7
The Air GT got a 5 star safety rating from the Euro NCAP. I'm generally impressed by the pedestrian avoidance/automatic emergency braking in the video.

Story:

Video:

Wow, finally!

I was very confident they would get 5 stars. But nice to see it confirmed.

Very surprised the windshield did not break with the front collision. Effective crush zones

Very surprised the windshield did not break with the front collision. Effective crush zones
Yes. That was my first impression. The glass barely broke in many of these tests.

The crash videos give me a lot more confidence when driving on Chicago’s expressways and city streets. Good work Lucid.

The passenger cell remained remarkably intact through most of the impact tests, impressive! Some room for improvement remains for ADAS with left turns into pedestrians and cyclists - can be solved in software.

Curious why it was able to stop behind a bike, with a much smaller cross section, compared to the side profile of the bike.

Don't recall any other car that did this - well, may be military vehicles

T0NtMUT.jpg

Wow, the Air is built like a damn tank..

Wow, that is VERY impressive.

By way of comparison ....

If you sort by occupant protection, unless I’m reading this wrong, it seems Lucid is fairly mid-pack. I can’t say I was thrilled with how my i4 faired. The MS and MY did very well.

I've already had some Tesla owners say "see.... Tesla is better". I think what a lot of people are forgetting is the this is the FIRST car from a new car company and it scored very well when comparing it to its competition. If you look back at Teslas 2014 rating Lucid outperformed them on the scoring meaning that Tesla had all these years to tweak refine and make the car get the high scores it achieves today. The same applies to Audi, BMW, Mercedes etc.

So for a first attempt, this to me shows Lucid knows what its doing and as future models come out it will probably be on par with Tesla. Even with todays scores its by no means a failure.

Back