Thinking of making the plunge--Steering column Creak?

I never had creak. I just hope I don’t jinx myself by reading all the negatives in this forum. 🤦‍♂️

No creaks with the steering wheel or the car. It’s dead silent. Just the glitchy software. I just downloaded the new software and we’ll see what works better today. Maybe we should do a poll. 10-30 percent have the creak?

No creaks here. Just the quiet whines of the electric motors during acceleration. I rather enjoy that sound.

My steering wheel was "de-creaked" today! took around 10-15 minutes.

I feel so relieved that I picked Lucid AGT over Tesla ModelX at the same time I feel very bad for her experience. A very honest review….

Nope never had a steering wheel creak. The back seat fans make a whining noise if set very high though.

What did they do?
They took the steering wheel off and replaced or just reseated the plastic cover on the back of it. The tech said that the tabs come loose and "creak".

FYI this was the fix they did for me (which seems to have worked):
Cause: Found noise to be coming from between the mic button on steering wheel and the trim piece that is right below it. They were slightly rubbing on each other causing a creak noise
Corrections: Inserted plastic door trim tool between Mic button and the trim piece below it. Interested foam tape between the 2 pieces to stop further noise

They took the steering wheel off and replaced or just reseated the plastic cover on the back of it. The tech said that the tabs come loose and "creak".
"Concern: Steering wheel creaking noise while driving. Cause: Steering wheel trim rubbing causing creaking noise. Corrections: Removed steering wheel and added felt tape to trim joints. No longer making noise. "

I’m on my 2nd steering wheel (3600 miles). First wheel didn’t feel entirely “snapped together”, as the front and rear plastic haves could be separated slightly with finger pressure. The replacement wheel feels much “tighter” in that respect, however by pushing/pulling at the 9 and 3 o’clock positions it will emit a squeak from the central area of the wheel. I think the issue is the interface of the wheel frame and airbag module. I’ve found videos of how to remove a Tesla airbag/wheel, but I know the Lucid is different. Not willing to kill myself or brick the car to satisfy my need to resolve this noise. Have already contacted customer assistance again.

I feel so relieved that I picked Lucid AGT over Tesla ModelX at the same time I feel very bad for her experience. A very honest review….
I just stumbled across this and after watching it there is zero chance I will get a Model X. I’ll wait for the Rivian or buy an ICE to tie us over.

Hi All: Been lurking here for awhile, tons of great infos. Lots of reassurance, some a bit scary, mostly it's the idea of "early adopter pain at 155K OTD that's holding me from turning my reservation to ordering a Quantum Grey GT.

Reality I think most of the issues cited can and will be worked out, plan for success right? One key item bothered me was I finally test drove the Black GT 19" wheel at Valleyfair in Bayarea. We took it up to a the lower section of Hwy9 to get a bit of twisty. My previous car was LC500 and RS4, so I like to give the car and tires a bit of workout. ;) Questions to the owners or other fellow test drivers, have you notice the steering wheel column creaks? In my test drive, the steering columns was making creaking noise from the plastics (I think). It was definitely more noticeable when I had to do a lot of switch backs left/right/left/right....didn't even notice it initially on the way to the twisties. Obviously this is a build quality question but wondering if this is just the car at Valleyfair (suppose to be production quality) or if other fellows here have heard about it.

Thanks!
Yes, my steering wheel creaks. It’s much less noticeable after it was replaced but still present. Don’t mistake this with steering column issues. The steering itself is amazing. Coming from Audi, I find it worlds apart in a good way. You will have people tell you theirs is perfectly silent (and for some it may be and others just don’t notice it/don’t care). My Lucid tech told me this was a known issue and the degree of severity varies wildly.

My steering wheel is starting to creak. I am wondering if it will get worse. I am planning to wait on having service look at it until I hear that there is a new design to fix it.
Mine was pretty bad on day 1. So bad in fact that I was pissed the two Lucid employees who drove my car 50 miles to deliver it to me failed to even mention this. It was subsequently replaced and then it was dead silent for 4 months. Now it’s creaking again but much less than before. Clearly, whatever “redesign” did not address the underlying issue of liberal use of cheap plastics. Are you listening Lucid? A brilliant car can be made to feel very cheap by a cheaply made steering wheel.

Mine has it and it is pretty minor but they have ordered a new steering wheel for me and when it comes in they will replace it. I didn't ask for a timeline as it is not that big of a deal to me (as it is not too bad). The service I have had so far has been amazing so far (except for a misunderstanding in the very beginning about the price to change tires and wheels) so I am not too worried about them handling it.

Back