• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thinking of making the plunge--Steering column Creak?

Hi All: Been lurking here for awhile, tons of great infos. Lots of reassurance, some a bit scary, mostly it's the idea of "early adopter pain at 155K OTD that's holding me from turning my reservation to ordering a Quantum Grey GT.

Reality I think most of the issues cited can and will be worked out, plan for success right? One key item bothered me was I finally test drove the Black GT 19" wheel at Valleyfair in Bayarea. We took it up to a the lower section of Hwy9 to get a bit of twisty. My previous car was LC500 and RS4, so I like to give the car and tires a bit of workout. ;) Questions to the owners or other fellow test drivers, have you notice the steering wheel column creaks? In my test drive, the steering columns was making creaking noise from the plastics (I think). It was definitely more noticeable when I had to do a lot of switch backs left/right/left/right....didn't even notice it initially on the way to the twisties. Obviously this is a build quality question but wondering if this is just the car at Valleyfair (suppose to be production quality) or if other fellows here have heard about it.

Thanks!
After 1200 miles, I have jet to experience one creek or rattle, or any other defect. Software has worked perfectly ( with a quick reset or two) I’ve been driving high end performance cars for 60 years and this ranks among the very best. The sheer driving joy is off the charts

After 1200 miles, I have jet to experience one creek or rattle, or any other defect. Software has worked perfectly ( with a quick reset or two) I’ve been driving high end performance cars for 60 years and this ranks among the very best. The sheer driving joy is off the charts
So all the frustration you had prior to receiving your car was worth it? 😄

Back