The Car of the Year for 2023 is the Lucid Air.

I just went online to see what carmakers will be at the 2024 Oregon Auto Show. (Feb.22nd-24th)

To my surprise Lucid will not be there. Thousands of Oregonians go every year.

Why is Lucid missing this opportunity to show their car to those who are unaware of the brand. Or to those who are aware but who have never seen one in person. Having a car to show and a person there to answer questions to those who show interest is invaluable PR.

This is a chance to spread awareness of what a great car this is. Why are they missing this? And then they wonder why more cars are not being sold.

Yeah... the Philadelphia auto show. The exotics were cool to look at, and sometimes they let a sports celebrity past the velvet ropes so they can sit in and fondle the cars... otherwise, don't go. Did not see anything else worth my time. I did not even notice if they showed ANY EVs at all (I'm interested in a cheap EV for local use). No Lucid, no Tesla ... no Polestar...not even a Hundai ...

Clearly what Amerika wants are SUVs and Jeeps ... because they need it for one person to commute to work on paved roads.

Worse, literally half the space in the Convention Center was full of absurd "Off-the-road" trucks...the kind you need a step ladder to enter/exit, and are more likely to be driving the Schuylkill Expressway than traversing the cranberry bogs in the Jersey pine barrens.
There was a whole customize section to make your truck run so rich, chunks of coal came out the stacks. Pennsylvania. We have enough coal.

What is wrong with people ?

I used to love the Philly auto show. They used to have impeccable classics ... I remember a 60's Chrysler Newport convertable. It was like someone put wheels on a boardroom conference table. It was so beautiful. I wanted it. I desired it. Why ? The only thing higher than 29 inches was the windscreen.
... the trunk was so large it could house a family of 6. It was automotive art.
1708227637661.jpeg

Oh, and the woodie wagons ... just can not imagine how they kept all that wood pristine new.

Oh ... the models (girls)...none. { They get so bored, and car guys are Neanderthals. If you talk to them like humans; ask them how they got the job and what car training they do and other jobs they do = they smile and open up like flowers to the sun.

things have changed. we left early and went to the Hard Rock cafe to shoot pool. at least the craft bier was fun.

Oh... I took SEPTA in from the suburbs. Electric trains are cool. Drunk as a skunk.

I just went online to see what carmakers will be at the 2024 Oregon Auto Show. (Feb.22nd-24th)

To my surprise Lucid will not be there. Thousands of Oregonians go every year.

Why is Lucid missing this opportunity to show their car to those who are unaware of the brand. Or to those who are aware but who have never seen one in person. Having a car to show and a person there to answer questions to those who show interest is invaluable PR.

This is a chance to spread awareness of what a great car this is. Why are they missing this? And then they wonder why more cars are not being sold.
They did attend Chicago and LA, but those get 300k and 500k visitors, respectively. Oregon looks like it gets 100k which is nothing to scoff at though.

Yeah there weren't nearly as many visitors as previous years in Philly. I won't go again. Fewer people / fewer cars ... destructive feedback loop.
The lighting in the Convention Center is terrible...no idea what the cars look like in real life. So how does one see the new cars ?

I hate going to a dealership ... I end up informing the sales people about the cars. Shame they don't do a cars + coffee to show off their new models...

at cars+coffee...you see this kinda car ... something in your dreams
1708229151557.jpeg

1708229210649.jpeg

give me something less than painful, and leave me alone. Also ... I do like the car models (women).
1708228886260.jpeg

Yeah, that's my Sonic Blue / Atacama leather 2006 V70R with cheek prints on the bonnet.
Not really quick, but very fast.
1708229391753.jpeg

Last edited:
Back