Texas Crash Totaled

RichMalden

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT, 1970 MB 280SL
Here's some photos someone posted on a Lucid Facebook group. They were fine but involved in a crash with a drunk driver. Looks like they got their car August 17th and they say they felt really safe in the Lucid and will definitely buy another.

FB_IMG_1666429260615.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1666429260615.jpg
    FB_IMG_1666429260615.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:
Not one but Two pickups and a Lucid. Only in Texas. Glad every walked away. Two bright spots. Another guaranteed Lucid sale and spare parts for sale!

Glad to see here was no battery fire (yet).
Good point. It will be interesting to see if anything happens to the Lucid after a week or two.

Regardless, those photos gave a strong sign of support for Lucid's safety.

Those are some scary/chilling photos just in time for Halloween. Glad to see the Lucid did it's part in protecting the riders.

Reactions: NPN
Those pictures gave a quick punch to the gut. How awful and traumatizing! I can’t believe they walked away, but so happy to hear they did. This certainly gives me pause and gratitude.

It seems that, even though it was shattered, the windshield stayed intact. And, as near as I can tell, the side doors don't even seem to be pushed out of alignment, unlike with either pickup. Very impressive.

How does insurance work in that case? Do they value the car at the new prices, or is it some other calculation done completely separate of the current price?

I think with USAA you can opt into the value calculation + 20% (percentage may be wrong) for a little extra each month.

How does insurance work in that case? Do they value the car at the new prices, or is it some other calculation done completely separate of the current price?

I think with USAA you can opt into the value calculation + 20% (percentage may be wrong) for a little extra each month.
That depends entirely on your insurance coverage. Mine (through PURE) has agreed value coverage, so mine will be valued at what we agreed it’s worth. Others have depreciated value, which can be tough if you’re on a loan, unless you have gap coverage.

That depends entirely on your insurance coverage. Mine (through PURE) has agreed value coverage, so mine will be valued at what we agreed it’s worth. Others have depreciated value, which can be tough if you’re on a loan, unless you have gap coverage.
I have the same insurance (w/ PURE) and have been very pleased w/ them.

Back