Texas Crash Totaled

Ah okay. I looked at my policy again for my current car.
Car Replacement Assistance

An optional feature that pays an additional 20% of Actual Cash Value in the event of a total loss. Car Replacement Assistance is different than GAP coverage and is not determined based on your loan balance. Payment will be issued directly to you, if there is still a loan outstanding it will be your responsibility to satisfy the lienholder.

This feature is only available for private passenger vehicles such as cars, trucks, SUVs or vans that currently carry both Comprehensive and Collision coverage. It's not available for leased vehicles.

Example:

Your vehicle total loss value is determined to be $20,000. Car Replacement Assistance will add an additional 20% or $4,000 for a total claim payout of $24,000.
Do you negotiate before the policy is put in place or after the fact of something like the crash in this post?

Oh my goodness. I am very happy to hear they were okay but this is scary.

One of the questions my wife had about the car was crash related and after looking at the pics and hearing they are okay give me a little more comfort.

If I were Lucid I would get that car and study the impact to see if there are any areas to enhance the safety designs. That’s just me though.

Ah okay. I looked at my policy again for my current car.

Do you negotiate before the policy is put in place or after the fact of something like the crash in this post?
You don’t negotiate at all. The agreed value is agreed upon when they underwrite the policy, and can be updated over time.

The 20% over is an optional coverage on some plans.

Oh my goodness. I am very happy to hear they were okay but this is scary.

One of the questions my wife had about the car was crash related and after looking at the pics and hearing they are okay give me a little more comfort.

If I were Lucid I would get that car and study the impact to see if there are any areas to enhance the safety designs. That’s just me though.
I think any good car company would want to do this. Clearly, they put a ton of work into the safety designs of this car. But, no matter how much you crash test, there’s nothing like real world data to study. If nothing else, you’d want to confirm everything went as expected.

Back