Tesla Superchargers to open to all EVs in California

Kyle Conner of "Out of Spec" just posted a very interesting update on what is known so far about these layoffs.

He got some information not only that the utilities and contractors are in disarray over what is happening, but that the German automakers are already in discussions about abandoning NACS and returning to the CCS-1 standard in light of the loss of confidence in dealing with Tesla.

I don't know who "Alex" is, and I'm not really sure of the point of the above post, but for what it's worth:

I have worked directly for two of the most storied CEO's in business -- one in the industrial sector and one in the financial sector -- run my own international team of over 300 people, and dealt with numerous restructurings and layoffs as well as explosive growth. I know what a great CEO is. Elon Musk is not one.

Tesla may soon have to confront the lesson many other companies had to learn: the entrepreneurs who founded them are often not the right people to run them. Very different skill sets are in play.

I don't know who "Alex" is, and I'm not really sure of the point of the above post, but for what it's worth:

I have worked directly for two of the most storied CEO's in business -- one in the industrial sector and one in the financial sector -- run my own international team of over 300 people, and dealt with numerous restructurings and layoffs as well as explosive growth. I know what a great CEO is. Elon Musk is not one.

Tesla may soon have to confront the lesson many other companies had to learn: the entrepreneurs who founded them are often not the right people to run them. Very different skill sets are in play.
At the risk of veering off topic, I've often wondered what are the proportions of skill, luck, and inertia responsible for the positive outcomes of Musk and other very successful people. I suspect Musk has a lot of skill, but he also had a lot of luck earlier on...but now he has a lot of inertia in Tesla's success, and his ego is doing all it can to nullify its effect.

The post to which I was replying in this post has been removed. Don't know why.

My bad
Was in the wrong section and link was wrong
I deleted
🙃

Kyle Conner of "Out of Spec" just posted a very interesting update on what is known so far about these layoffs.

He got some information not only that the utilities and contractors are in disarray over what is happening, but that the German automakers are already in discussions about abandoning NACS and returning to the CCS-1 standard in light of the loss of confidence in dealing with Tesla.

I hope they do, and everyone else follows….we don’t need to have a noose around our heads…a lesson learned, never trust Elon Musk

At the risk of veering off topic, I've often wondered what are the proportions of skill, luck, and inertia responsible for the positive outcomes of Musk and other very successful people. I suspect Musk has a lot of skill, but he also had a lot of luck earlier on...but now he has a lot of inertia in Tesla's success, and his ego is doing all it can to nullify its effect.

I think there were two key -- and highly laudatory -- things that Musk did at the foundational core of what became today's Tesla:

(1) While everyone else was waiting for battery breakthroughs, he had the unique insight that computer batteries could be used to power cars.

(2) He bowed to the necessity in early days of turning to others who knew what they were doing in engineering and launching a vehicle.

To get the original Roadster on the road, Musk had to turn to Lotus to do the heavy lifting on the engineering side.

Then, when the Model S development stalled and Rawlinson arrived to take over the project, he found that all the engineering was on a dead end path and had to be rebooted from the ground up. Musk reluctantly agreed, requiring only that Rawlinson worked with the frame and body structure that had already been locked in. (Remember that Rawlinson's name is on ~70 Model S patents. Musk's name is on none.)

As Musk had already done in his career, he astutely maneuvered himself into a position to attach his own name to everything that proceeded and blithely assemble the work of others into the monument of his own genius through hype, public antics, pseudo-visionary pronouncements, and making himself the darling of a press hungry for outrage and titillation.

It was this imperative to attach his own name to everything that proceeded at Tesla that caused Musk to propagate the lie that Rawlinson was only a minor chassis engineer at Tesla when the press began to spotlight Lucid and Rawlinson's background at Tesla.

What was the post's content?

I didn't save it, but it was a post on "X" from someone suggesting that people who had not run or knew nothing about running businesses had no right to comment on the world's greatest entrepreneur.

I didn't save it, but it was a post on "X" from someone suggesting that people who had not run or knew nothing about running businesses had no right to comment on the world's greatest entrepreneur.
Let me guess…..this “Alex”?! 🙄
IMG_1180.png

Or maybe Musk regrets opening up to all manufacturers , now that his sales are dropping and will continue to drop, so he wants to sabotage the agreement

I don’t care, she’s literally the worst fanboy of all the fanboys.
It's kind of ironic, but okay! 🤣 You don't care, so doesnt matter.

I just searched up all of her posts... good god. It's a new level of BS, and it's pathetic how much shes trying to convince herself (and others) that nothing is wrong. I also "somehow" have the sneaking suspicion she has a boatload of Tesla stock.. gotta make more money no matter what!

Oh oops..:wrong Alex! Haha. Either way they are probably both not nice.
I guess it's just something about Alex's that make them Tesla fanboy/girls. No offence to the other Alex's on this forum though..

It has something to do with stocks, that's my thought. A lot of people have their retirements tied up in Tesla stock, and I think this is just to protect that.

Back