Tesla lays off Supercharger team

Status
Not open for further replies.
"YES! WE FINALLY REACHED OUR GOAL OF SCREWING OVER 73.4 PERCENT OF OUR CUSTOMERS!!! IM SO HAPPY, LETS CELEBRATE!!"
"Let's put TWO charging cables on every charger.....and let only one work at the same time!
Muahahahaha!!!!
1714571461034.png

Today's news (Bloo.berg radio) reported that Tesla will be hiring some of the charger team back.
Serious question: if you were on that team, would you go back?

I'd be so out of there. Then again, I likely wouldn't have lasted this long in the first place.

I do not have an account but the part I can read here says some of the fired employees may be rehired (not that many would accept)

Yeah in seriousness, what's the point of this?
I'm trying to think....if the NACS becomes the industry standard, is Elon thinking they don't have to do anything anymore? It's fully adopted and someone else can take over?
Which is wild, because even though "your" connector is now open, Tesla was a mile ahead of anyone else in coverage and reliability, and could've built from there in dominance, AND with pricing power. The Supercharger network could've been a decent cash inlet to Elon's little empire.
But no, no.....let's just throw bolts into the gearbox for funsies.
I think Elon is getting his rocks off on this decision (which is psychotic when you're messing with peoples' lives to throw industrial barbs).
I hope some other firms hire these people, because Supercharger seemed like the most competent, best-run division of Tesla!

Yeah in seriousness, what's the point of this?
I'm trying to think....if the NACS becomes the industry standard, is Elon thinking they don't have to do anything anymore? It's fully adopted and someone else can take over?
Which is wild, because even though "your" connector is now open, Tesla was a mile ahead of anyone else in coverage and reliability, and could've built from there in dominance, AND with pricing power. The Supercharger network could've been a decent cash inlet to Elon's little empire.
But no, no.....let's just throw bolts into the gearbox for funsies.
I think Elon is getting his rocks off on this decision (which is psychotic when you're messing with peoples' lives to throw industrial barbs).
I hope some other firms hire these people, because Supercharger seemed like the most competent, best-run division of Tesla!
Someone said something that upset him. He sent an email. The rest is history.

Megalomaniacs rarely make good decisions that are well thought out.

I can't find any headlines on that yet in print.....but I did find THIS! #annoying

The most relevant thing from this article: "Tesla announced Tuesday that it will lay off everyone who works on both the new vehicle and Supercharger teams."

He laid off the new vehicle team too?!

The most relevant thing from this article: "Tesla announced Tuesday that it will lay off everyone who works on both the new vehicle and Supercharger teams."

He laid off the new vehicle team too?!
Great, so now, instead of JUST decreasing the sales, we are on our way to Tesla existing solely for Robotaxis and FSD! Yay!!!

How to screw up a company.. and I assume the Roadster is finally formally dead. Rest in piss peace Tesla, I guess. 🙄

Great, so now, instead of JUST decreasing the sales, we are on our way to Tesla existing solely for Robotaxis and FSD! Yay!!!

How to screw up a company.. and I assume the Roadster is finally formally dead. Rest in piss peace Tesla, I guess. 🙄
0-60 in <1s.

I guess a big fat zero counts as <1s.

What the F$*? He is literally bringing the WHOLE company down. There is NOBODY to make new cars.

Are we watching the death of Tesla in real-time? All over a damn compensation package?

Now, educate me if I'm wrong having obviously not run a business. But can't the board remove him from his position?

It seems like a great opportunity for an existing or starting network to hire Rebecca Tinucci and a good part of her team. It sounds like she was well liked by her employees and her contacts in the industry. She also got the job done. While EA and EVgo are likely to embedded with their own culture/problems, some of the newer players like 7-11, Circle K, Mercedes led consortium, "Gravity", Wallmart or maybe new fast food players like McDonald's or Burger King could really get a rapid start from hiring Rebecca. With the state of US charging, this is probably the most valuable group currently in the EV industry. Tesla's move will be someone else's gain.

It seems like a great opportunity for an existing or starting network to hire Rebecca Tinucci and a good part of her team. It sounds like she was well liked by her employees and her contacts in the industry. She also got the job done. While EA and EVgo are likely to embedded with their own culture/problems, some of the newer players like 7-11, Circle K, Mercedes led consortium, "Gravity", Wallmart or maybe new fast food players like McDonald's or Burger King could really get a rapid start from hiring Rebecca. With the state of US charging, this is probably the most valuable group currently in the EV industry. Tesla's move will be someone else's gain.
If I knew anything at all about building an EV charging company I'd be fundraising to hire that team literally right now.

Serious question: if you were on that team, would you go back?

I'd be so out of there. Then again, I likely wouldn't have lasted this long in the first place.
depends, do i get to keep my severance? double dip while looking for a more long term solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back