Tesla @ Electrify America

terrycs

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT-P
Referral Code
Q09BGD5G
So I’m here for a DCFC session and noticed Tesla technicians working on EA chargers. Is there some kind of arrangement between the two companies that I don’t know about?

Attachments

• IMG_4643.jpeg
    IMG_4643.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4641.jpeg
    IMG_4641.jpeg
    714.1 KB · Views: 58
Get that rumor mill started!

So I’m here for a DCFC session and noticed Tesla technicians working on EA chargers. Is there some kind of arrangement between the two companies that I don’t know about?
Umm, good find! the plot thickens!

Honestly, I think EA needs all the help they can get.

Here is my view:

> EA charge stations "advertisers" faster chargers (aka, 350kW Hyper). MOST, never live up to their expectations. Most EA 350kW chargers dispense 150KW or less. Often, they run well below 100kW. And it is not a question of "balanced" chargers.
> I was at EA's "Flagship" charging station in SF downtown. Nice indoor facilities with many chargers. I was there early (~7:30AM) on a Saturday morning. This "Flag Ship" charging station opened about a month ago. I presume it has the latest and best chargers. There were only 2 other cars there. I plugged in at a charger with no one next to the next 3 stalls left, and 3 stalls right of me (I surmise there is no "balancing". My car (Lucid AGT) was @~50% SoC and preconditioned before arrival at the charging station. Yet, I was charging ~5-6kW, and it took forever to get to 75%! What gives!

> There is a bank of Tesla chargers near where my house is (Sausalito), about 15 chargers. There are a lot of Teslas here and the chargers are often busy but I haven't seen queues. I think the Telsa chargers are lower power (100-200kW) but they seem to work and used all the time.

AHA! So Elon's evil plan finally comes to light .... :cool:
Elon is well ahead of all of us.

The EV conversion might slow and Tesla WILL lose market share. But Elon is the next "energy tycoon". Eat your heart out!

Elon is well ahead of all of us.

The EV conversion might slow and Tesla WILL lose market share. But Elon is the next "energy tycoon". Eat your heart out!
Well, no. I was actually making a bad joke about why EA chargers can be so horrible.

Saboteur!

Umm, good find! the plot thickens!

Honestly, I think EA needs all the help they can get.

Here is my view:

> EA charge stations "advertisers" faster chargers (aka, 350kW Hyper). MOST, never live up to their expectations. Most EA 350kW chargers dispense 150KW or less. Often, they run well below 100kW. And it is not a question of "balanced" chargers.
> I was at EA's "Flagship" charging station in SF downtown. Nice indoor facilities with many chargers. I was there early (~7:30AM) on a Saturday morning. This "Flag Ship" charging station opened about a month ago. I presume it has the latest and best chargers. There were only 2 other cars there. I plugged in at a charger with no one next to the next 3 stalls left, and 3 stalls right of me (I surmise there is no "balancing". My car (Lucid AGT) was @~50% SoC and preconditioned before arrival at the charging station. Yet, I was charging ~5-6kW, and it took forever to get to 75%! What gives!

> There is a bank of Tesla chargers near where my house is (Sausalito), about 15 chargers. There are a lot of Teslas here and the chargers are often busy but I haven't seen queues. I think the Telsa chargers are lower power (100-200kW) but they seem to work and used all the time.
Sorry, my typo: It should say "I was charging ~50-60kW")

Probably for the Powerwall. EA stations have Tesla powerwalls to lessen utility demand charges.

Back