Tesla charging on lucid

Thanks. We can hope, but I agree Tesla doesn’t play nice.
Why should Tesla play nice? They built their charging network to help sell their cars and it works. Ford and GM are planning the same but will probably be dealer based and somehow not that friendly towards other brands.

I do think that it's time for someone with the money and clout to build out a big, reliable non-manufacturer based charging network, that can make a profit so that they will maintain it, but that's probably a ways out. Maybe it's time for one of the big oil companies the put chargers in their gas stations?

Oh well, time will tell.

Why should Tesla play nice? They built their charging network to help sell their cars and it works. Ford and GM are planning the same but will probably be dealer based and somehow not that friendly towards other brands.
If they want government funding for building chargers, they’re going to have to play nice and make it interoperable with CCS.

If they want government funding for building chargers, they’re going to have to play nice and make it interoperable with CCS.
I am not sure if Musk cares much about government funding with strings attached but we shall see.

I am not sure if Musk cares much about government funding with strings attached but we shall see.
He definitely does. That’s the only reason he would be interested in deploying CCS chargers at all, and a reminder: Tesla took tons of government funding in the past, strings fully included.

I’d be really surprised if this doesn’t happen, but I’ve been wrong before. :)

He may care more now, with his unrealized stock losses flavoring his view of Tesla's recent need to cut prices to boost sales.

He may care more now, with his unrealized stock losses flavoring his view of Tesla's recent need to cut prices to boost sales.
Are we talking about the same Elon Musk... 😂 ;)

I do think that it's time for someone with the money and clout to build out a big, reliable non-manufacturer based charging network, that can make a profit so that they will maintain it, but that's probably a ways out. Maybe it's time for one of the big oil companies the put chargers in their gas stations?

Oh well, time will tell.
Was told by someone in the industry that 76, ConocoPhillips, and 1 more company that I don’t recall the name have been exploring installing chargers.

Are we talking about the same Elon Musk... 😂 ;)
As read from the article in the message number 13 above, Tesla received $6.4 million from the California Energy Commission and it has complied with the "magic dock" for CCS stalls, for example half of 164 stalls in Harris Ranch, Coalinga, CA will be CCS.

As read from the article in the message number 13 above, Tesla received $6.4 million from the California Energy Commission and it has complied with the "magic dock" for CCS stalls, for example half of 164 stalls in Harris Ranch, Coalinga, CA will be CCS.
Thanks! I should have read the article before posting. This will be a game-changer for CCS charging. I was pleasantly surprised to read that the Barstow Tesla CCS installation is scheduled to be functional late this year.

Back