Swift Mode - why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

speed

Verified Owner
Cars
Model S, X, 3, Air T
I don’t get the point of this mode, especially in a Touring. It’s slightly more powerful than smooth and not nearly as responsive or powerful as Sprint.
But the worst thing is that you can actually feel the computer restricting power on spirited acceleration. It’s like turbo lag

I regularly drive on a freeway with 75mph limit and changing the modes each time for getting some better acceleration is annoying

They really need to revisit these and allow to keep sprint mode as default if needed.

Most likely its an option just so Lucid can say there are 3 drive modes. Sounds a lot better than 2 modes.

I really wish we could access Sprint acceleration speed under Smooth.. Perhaps something like "if the pedal is 80% depressed, engage Sprint". I really dont enjoy switching to Sprint every time I want to pass on a long mountain road then going back to Smooth for the suspension tuning.

OR, add a physical "Boost button" like Genesis does for the GV60. I thought that was just a gimmick, but it has some great real-world uses I didnt think of at the time.

I like swift better than smooth at least on the highway. It's a nice middle of the road mode for me.

I wish after Lucid mass produce RWD Pure, they can introduce 4th driving mode —- call it “Sloth”, “Slow”, “Sustain” or whatever. Using one motor instead two motors to conserve energy on long highway driving. Rivian later came up with that “Conserve” mode to make their quad motors drivetrain run on dual motors instead and added range from 288 miles to 317 miles.

This is another example of why more options are better than less.

I don’t get the point of this mode, especially in a Touring. It’s slightly more powerful than smooth and not nearly as responsive or powerful as Sprint.
But the worst thing is that you can actually feel the computer restricting power on spirited acceleration. It’s like turbo lag

I regularly drive on a freeway with 75mph limit and changing the modes each time for getting some better acceleration is annoying

They really need to revisit these and allow to keep sprint mode as default if needed.
One significant difference from Smooth to Swift is the amount of regen force when lifting off the pedal. Swift is a lot less. I like that for more spirited driving, especially in curves, when I’ll be on and off the accelerator.

Choices and options are always good.

I wish after Lucid mass produce RWD Pure, they can introduce 4th driving mode —- call it “Sloth”, “Slow”, “Sustain” or whatever. Using one motor instead two motors to conserve energy on long highway driving. Rivian later came up with that “Conserve” mode to make their quad motors drivetrain run on dual motors instead and added range from 288 miles to 317 miles.
Yes, a Conserve or Cruise mode would be great to maximize range on long distance travels where acceleration is not priority. I wonder if the dual motor setup is capable of disengaging one motor and switch to rear or front drive only?

If you can't abuse your friends why have them?

I wouldn't bother with correcting boski's English.
He doesn't like my name for the LCHCS ...
iu
goes both ways ; )

Yes, a Conserve or Cruise mode would be great to maximize range on long distance travels where acceleration is not priority. I wonder if the dual motor setup is capable of disengaging one motor and switch to rear or front drive only?
In a much earlier post I suggested this (as my GV60 Performance does disconnect the front wheels when the motor is not needed) and was told that the Lucid motors can't disconnect.

I asked about this, lucid motors are permanent they cannot turn off. I wonder if they could do a way reduced power mode though?

Swift isn't just pedal mapping, it also changes the spring rate / shock dampening. The car will ride stiffer (more responsive in corners but harsher ride relatively) This is why it works great in handling corners. Very noticible with 21's at least.

We should be able to configure our suspension, steering, and drive modes independent of each other, I will be disappointed if this doesn't occur before year end.

I still don't have my AT, so I can't comment on the current experience, but I like the idea of a Custom option. The Audi's I've owned have had this and I've always taken advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back