Sun Visor Placement

KySerenity

Reaction score
Cars
Model S
In 2022, there were numerous posts related to the placement of the sun visors, with members thinking about removing them or pushing them to the side while driving. One post mentioned the position was rather similar to that seen in Teslas but more noticeable due to the glass roof. Some members thought the visors would not be so noticeable in Lucids with metal roofs. Now that many owners have a metal roof, what are your thoughts of the sun visors? Are they too low and in your line of sight or do they not bother you at all?

In 2022, there were numerous posts related to the placement of the sun visors, with members thinking about removing them or pushing them to the side while driving. One post mentioned the position was rather similar to that seen in Teslas but more noticeable due to the glass roof. Some members thought the visors would not be so noticeable in Lucids with metal roofs. Now that many owners have a metal roof, what are your thoughts of the sun visors? Are they too low and in your line of sight or do they not bother you at all?

I have a 2024 pure RWD with metal roof. This is not an issue at all. Not noticeable and it is not obstructive in any way. When folded, it solidly sits on the metal roof without intruding into the windshield even remotely.

I’m pretty sure I was the first to remove mine in my glass roof 😅. No regrets.

They’re somewhere in a dedicated post in my profile history way back when 😅

The Puck is still there. If I were to remove it, I'd want everything gone. I've had multiple techs tell me removing the Puck would Crack the windshield as it comes out the factory with it fused on

Back