Sun visors - popping off

thecodingart

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid AGT
Referral Code
JWJOWFN3
Now that I have my GT, one of my first tasks is popping off the sun visors. I have to figure out the best way to get the adhesive off below the actual mounting brackets, but for anyone curious, I’m posting a few photos. The easy part is done.

Attachments

• 9B904119-C1B9-49EC-AA29-A3339F399470.jpeg
    9B904119-C1B9-49EC-AA29-A3339F399470.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 296
  • 686F62D9-E576-4BB7-B5F0-E7FD076AC86A.jpeg
    686F62D9-E576-4BB7-B5F0-E7FD076AC86A.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 280
  • 4A99AF8D-6B7D-4711-B561-271D9AA19A07.jpeg
    4A99AF8D-6B7D-4711-B561-271D9AA19A07.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 288
The dental floss method with heat gun from exterior

Attachments

• 9780982D-9301-4B46-BCA0-50511FBF1CAA.jpeg
    9780982D-9301-4B46-BCA0-50511FBF1CAA.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 304
I’m going to live vicariously through you. I went back and forth on doing this and even found a guy who claimed that he could get it done ‘fairly easily’ (who knows, could be all talk). But didn’t pull the trigger ultimately because 1. The tilt and/or deflect method works very well for me, and 2. The sun visor (and mirror) have been useful enough times that I’d probably miss the functionality if they were permanently gone.

But I still think it would be a SWEET mod aesthetically. If you remove it, I would definitely recommend extra tint and keeping a pair of sunglasses and cap in the car.

Actually, come to think of it, are there aftermarket sun visors? A discreet one that folds and/or telescopes nicely and maybe only has one attachment point would be a good compromise for me.

Interesting! That one is too wide, the suction mechanism is too chunky, and it doesn’t seem like it’ll fold away nicely. Ok but I’m inspired. I’m going to look into this in more detail as soon as I get the chance. Maybe my dream of sun visor mod isn’t dead yet!

Interesting! That one is too wide, the suction mechanism is too chunky, and it doesn’t seem like it’ll fold away nicely. Ok but I’m inspired. I’m going to look into this in more detail as soon as I get the chance. Maybe my dream of sun visor mod isn’t dead yet!
Yeah, it's made for airplanes so very utilitarian but I like the concept.

any luck with the stickers or no way to remove those?
I reached out to the guys who will be wrapping my car and they seem to think they can get them off. That’s the next step for me. Googone, alcohol and basic levels of scraping led to no success.

Regardless, the stickers are hands down better than the visors lol.

I reached out to the guys who will be wrapping my car and they seem to think they can get them off. That’s the next step for me. Googone, alcohol and basic levels of scraping led to no success.

Regardless, the stickers are hands down better than the visors lol.
So you will go without any visor at all? You have no need for it?

any luck with the stickers or no way to remove those?
So, the tldr; on this is that they couldn’t get the stickers off. Looks like they might have laminated these into the glass or something which makes this a PITA. The end result is still more appealing without the visors, but I’m disappointed that lucid made it difficult to finish the job.

Lucid should look the the new Model X sunvisor and improve on those, being able to have them tucked away on the side and being slim is the way to go. Maybe someone is creative enough to come up with an aftermarket mod for us Lucid owners.

Lucid should look the the new Model X sunvisor and improve on those, being able to have them tucked away on the side and being slim is the way to go. Maybe someone is creative enough to come up with an aftermarket mod for us Lucid owners.
It's probably patented which is why Lucid couldn't use it.

Back