Steering Wheel Creaking?

After initially being resolved with a new steering wheel, my wheel has returned to creaking almost every time I turn it. I have a '23 Pure. My service tech has told me there is nothing more he can do until another update comes along, which is rather hard to believe if newer builds no longer have this problem.
They all have the problem. Some people just don’t notice it and claim it doesn’t exist. But given that all the HW revisions have the creak and people who have the issue face it over and over again, it just means some of us are more sensitive it the noise

Noticed this on my new 24 Touring and service fixed it quickly.
The service summary mentioned the following parts that were replaced.

1. SCREW, M15-1.5X25, 8.8 STEEL,
BUTTON HEAD, ZN CLEAR
48/96, 6-LOBE, DOG POINT

2. FELT TAPE FT 0900X PET

They all have the problem. Some people just don’t notice it and claim it doesn’t exist. But given that all the HW revisions have the creak and people who have the issue face it over and over again, it just means some of us are more sensitive it the noise
That's a really odd conclusion to make, given you've spent time inside how many Airs yourself, exactly?

You just know for sure that every single person on this forum has a creaky steering wheel, and many of us are what? Deaf?

Mine definitely creaks a teeny bit first thing in the morning, by the way. And then stops until it's been sitting for a while again. But I'm not about to assume that this means every single steering wheel in the fleet does this.

That's a really odd conclusion to make, given you've spent time inside how many Airs yourself, exactly?

You just know for sure that every single person on this forum has a creaky steering wheel, and many of us are what? Deaf?

Mine definitely creaks a teeny bit first thing in the morning, by the way. And then stops until it's been sitting for a while again. But I'm not about to assume that this means every single steering wheel in the fleet does this.
I’ve had 3 steering wheels. Other people have had 4 or more. We all have the same latest part number. I think it’s safe to assume they all creak to some degree

Video of a creaking noise that's developed. I have a service appointment for a few other things, so adding this to it, but has anyone else had this issue? 2023 Pure with about 4,500 miles is what I've got.
Lol…I’m on my third steering wheel

I’ve had 3 steering wheels. Other people have had 4 or more. We all have the same latest part number. I think it’s safe to assume they all creak to some degree
I’ve had 2. My first one creaked. My second one hasn’t. I know what it sounds like because, again, my first one creaked.

Not everyone’s steering wheel has a creak.

Put me in the ‘either I’m deaf or I don’t have a creaking steering wheel’ column. ;). I’m very sensitive to any noise that shouldn’t be there in virtually any car I’ve ever owned. Noises & rattles drive me nuts, just ask my wife when I go on a search & destroy mission for an unwelcome noise. I took care of the rear shelf noise in my first week of ownership.

The previous owner said he didn't hear anything about the steering wheel for the past two years, while i heard it creaking before leaving the parking lot for a quick test drive.

Back