Steering wheel creaking

When I put pressure on my steering wheel I hear the creek. Service plans to replace the wheel. My top headliner piece also came loose my guess service can fix that too?
Yes. My headliner piece came loose while on a road trip in Florida. I called the service center in Riviera Beach. They fixed it on the spot at the SC.

Yes mine seems much quieter now. I don’t notice the sound i previously experienced. I’d suggest that if you have creaking issues to contact them.
Good to know. Its really very subtle so not sure. But its also brand spanking new. Getting to the service center is not trivial for me so I will pick my battles. But if they can do it via mobile that would be cool.

Good to know. Its really very subtle so not sure. But its also brand spanking new. Getting to the service center is not trivial for me so I will pick my battles. But if they can do it via mobile that would be cool.
Mine was done via mobile and I didn’t need a new part. Thousands of miles ago, the mobile technician took the steering wheel off, took the two plastic pieces apart from the back and put small pieces of spacer foam in between them before screwing them back together. It has never creaked since.

Mine was done via mobile and I didn’t need a new part. Thousands of miles ago, the mobile technician took the steering wheel off, took the two plastic pieces apart from the back and put small pieces of spacer foam in between them before screwing them back together. It has never creaked since.
Nice! Thanks for sharing that.

Update on mine. Mobile technician came today and swapped out entire steeling wheel. Problem solved/gone and feels solid now! I am grateful for the quick and friendly support, but it is VERY perplexing that this would pass a quality control/inspection before releasing car to the customer. Just wasted $ really for Lucid :(

I believe my driver side window regulator is bad as well. glass scraping a little. But I will save that for another thread :)

Update on mine. Mobile technician came today and swapped out entire steeling wheel. Problem solved/gone and feels solid now! I am grateful for the quick and friendly support, but it is VERY perplexing that this would pass a quality control/inspection before releasing car to the customer. Just wasted $ really for Lucid :(

I believe my driver side window regulator is bad as well. glass scraping a little. But I will save that for another thread :)
There have been many revisions of the steering wheel, and the creak usually didn’t show up until after a few thousand miles of use.

Newer-built models won’t have the same issue.

I too now have the creak after breaking 1100 miles. My entire driver side column creaks everytime I accelerate, decelerate, or make a sharp turn. Taking it into service this week to see what the problem is.

The foam inserts helps for a little while, but the latest steering wheel version seems to fix the problem entirely. Feels much more solid but the leather quality feels different. Dry. Not quite as supple.

For those that have had their entire steering wheel replaced, when was your car built? Mine was built in January and I've had mobile service attempt to fix the clicking/creaking with some success, but it doesn't seem to be entirely resolved. Should the wheel be completely silent while turning and applying pressure by pushing or pulling? I still hear some clicks, especially when the interior of the car is very warm.

For those that have had their entire steering wheel replaced, when was your car built? Mine was built in January and I've had mobile service attempt to fix the clicking/creaking with some success, but it doesn't seem to be entirely resolved. Should the wheel be completely silent while turning and applying pressure by pushing or pulling? I still hear some clicks, especially when the interior of the car is very warm.
I believe mine was built in March/2023. Replacing the entire wheel did the trick (completely silent). But havent had the car that long and dont know if it comes back over time.

Looks like the squeak is back :(
It’s very subtle, but there again

Looks like the squeak is back :(
It’s very subtle, but there again
Same here... they replaced the steering wheel. Was quiet for 2 months. Started doing slight creeking. Not enough yet to complain. Have other squeaky noises that are creaking louder that i'm trying to solve.

Same here... they replaced the steering wheel. Was quiet for 2 months. Started doing slight creeking. Not enough yet to complain. Have other squeaky noises that are creaking louder that i'm trying to solve.
Sorry to hear that. I was thinking of reaching out to my service center to see what else could be done. Not optimistic though.

Service center tweaked the wheel a bit. Put some washers in it or something. Its better now, but still creaks a little. Mostly when making turns. Ironically, the loaner they gave me (which had less than 1k miles on it) creaked like crazy. Very bad.
At this point looks like its something Im gonna have to live with :(

I had the steering wheel replaced in May and just seems as car gets loosened up the creek comes back. Probably will add for service visit follow up. Any creaking out there still ?

I had the steering wheel replaced in May and just seems as car gets loosened up the creek comes back. Probably will add for service visit follow up. Any creaking out there still ?
If you had it replaced in May, you probably don’t have the most recent wheel. I think I’ve had every version, but the one I have on now seems to have fixed it without any secondary issues, such as loose buttons. I’m sure if you submit a ticket they will take care of it for you.

If you had it replaced in May, you probably don’t have the most recent wheel. I think I’ve had every version, but the one I have on now seems to have fixed it without any secondary issues, such as loose buttons. I’m sure if you submit a ticket they will take care of it for you.
There’s also a process where a kit of foam inserts is placed in the wheel to space out the plastics that rub.

I had my wheel replaced twice. The third version still creaked. I applied a bead of superglue in the small seams between the plastic halves of the steering wheel body (four spots a few inches long each). It’s perfectly silent now. If you go this route use a glue with a very narrow applicator tip.

There’s also a process where a kit of foam inserts is placed in the wheel to space out the plastics that rub.
That was only a temporary fix for me. The new wheel is rock solid.

I had my wheel replaced twice. The third version still creaked. I applied a bead of superglue in the small seams between the plastic halves of the steering wheel body (four spots a few inches long each). It’s perfectly silent now. If you go this route use a glue with a very narrow applicator tip.

Are you able to share a photo of where you did this exactly?

My creaking is still there. I haven't had the time to file another service request for a new wheel. But its on the list.
What isnt clear to me (still) is if its coming from the wheel or the plastic beneath the wheel. The creaking/squeaking is mostly present when turning..

Back