Spied at the Ring

Isnt that a DE?

German plates. Is it Lucid testing, or a German owner playing with their new toy?

It is, the editor is probably clueless. We need more marketing lucid!
Lucid is selling Dream Editions in Europe, so I don't see the problem in them testing them at the Nurburgring. But obviously, to beat all the EV records, Lucid will use a Sapphire.

Oh wow. Lucid denies it is testing the Air in this video. Aren't industry test days closed to the public though? Does this mean another manufacturer is benchmarking the car?
Its probably another manufacturer, all we would have to look for is another car on the track that seems like it would compete with the air. Maybe porsche is testing their upcoming Taycan GT?
I dont really think its lucid, because why would they voluntarily test their Dream which has tyres that are... not up to the task. If it was lucid, they would use the sapphire.

Its probably another manufacturer, all we would have to look for is another car on the track that seems like it would compete with the air. Maybe porsche is testing their upcoming Taycan GT?
I dont really think its lucid, because why would they voluntarily test their Dream which has tyres that are... not up to the task. If it was lucid, they would use the sapphire.
The Dream tires are spectacular. It’s the brakes that you’d take some issue with but even then, it performs handily. It’s not the Sapphire, but it can certainly hold its own.

Entirely speculation on my part, but:

It's Aston Martin.

Do a google image search on the number plate - here are just a couple of the results, the second of which was spotted at the 'ring.

thumb_37878.jpg

aston-martin-dbx-c811725052021161503_1.jpg

Entirely speculation on my part, but:

It's Aston Martin.

Do a google image search on the number plate - here are just a couple of the results, the second of which was spotted at the 'ring.

thumb_37878.jpg

aston-martin-dbx-c811725052021161503_1.jpg
Honestly, I think you just solved the story. Aston martin is using Lucid motors now, the thing that puts me off is that the DBX has an exhaust. Maybe they are just seeing how much faster electric can be?

The Dream tires are spectacular. It’s the brakes that you’d take some issue with but even then, it performs handily. It’s not the Sapphire, but it can certainly hold its own.
Arent they something like 245 width? If they were wider, it would be nice as right now the skidpad numbers are really low. Again, skidpad numbers do not tell the whole story(do you really think the model S plaid can pull 0.20 more gs than the air in NORMAL conditions?)

Also..

I don't think tires really matter unless you are going for an all out lap time. You can still get a sense of how the entire car works as a package. How the battery, drive units, and brakes hold up to repeat acceleration and deceleration. The cooling system, the vehicle dynamics, etc etc.

Anyone notice the drift at the 30 second mark? It was so subtle, and smoothly controlled. The way the rear slides out is very slow, the counter steer almost imperceptible that you almost question whether or not it happened, and the recovery was perfect. That is an insanely balanced chassis.

Arent they something like 245 width? If they were wider, it would be nice as right now the skidpad numbers are really low. Again, skidpad numbers do not tell the whole story(do you really think the model S plaid can pull 0.20 more gs than the air in NORMAL conditions?)
265rear, 245 fronts

Back