Spied at the Ring

I wonder why Lucid has not reported Sapphire's lap time at Nurburgring.
On second thought, I think it might not be Lucid as you can see it following a testing Aston Martin in the video.. could just be another AMR test?

On second thought, I think it might not be Lucid as you can see it following a testing Aston Martin in the video.. could just be another AMR test?
It’s definitely a Lucid. Maybe that is an AM prototype with the Sapphire powertrain….

It’s definitely a Lucid. Maybe that is an AM prototype with the Sapphire powertrain….
I meant, could Aston be testing the sapphire instead of Lucid themselves? Maybe to benchmark the powertrain?

I meant, could Aston be testing the sapphire instead of Lucid themselves? Maybe to benchmark the powertrain?
They tested that power train before the signed the partnership

They tested that power train before the signed the partnership
Well, you can still hear the engine of the AMR, and I doubt they went through the effort of getting a fake sound... companies may keep testing the powertrain even after they already did! For that reason, I don't think the AMR has a sapphire powertrain in it.

Well, you can still hear the engine of the AMR, and I doubt they went through the effort of getting a fake sound... companies may keep testing the powertrain even after they already did! For that reason, I don't think the AMR has a sapphire powertrain in it.
The sound could be carrying over from another section of the track as well and may not be the from the vehicles you’re seeing.

The sound could be carrying over from another section of the track as well and may not be the from the vehicles you’re seeing.
To try and put this to rest:

1. Manufacturer track days are usually restricted for them, although we cannot assume.

2. I found that the AM shown here is their test model for the Vantage(v8) refresh; refer to this article https://www.motor1.com/news/668490/aston-martin-vantage-update-spy-photos/

2.1. Since its only a refresh, it is safe to assume the engine is the same. Therefore, we can find the same engine in the pre refresh vantage v8. A quick search of this car followed by "sound" reveals that it sounds almost exactly the same as the one in the nurburgring video(a tractor engine compared to the glorious v12s of old).

Therefore, I still believe that it is Aston Martin testing the Air and the refresh vantage shown does not have a lucid powertrain in it.

If Lucid ran a Sapphire at Nurburgring, or more likely two or three, it would probably have released the best lap time. Nurburgring is the benchmark circuit. Lucid has yet to post such information, so I conclude that either the times fall short, which is hard to believe, or they have not done a full-on test yet.

If Lucid ran a Sapphire at Nurburgring, or more likely two or three, it would probably have released the best lap time. Nurburgring is the benchmark circuit. Lucid has yet to post such information, so I conclude that either the times fall short, which is hard to believe, or they have not done a full-on test yet.
Honestly, I could believe that the times fell short as the battery might not be able to handle the thermal stress of one 7 minute lap. In addition, the tires(which i still think are not appropriate for the sapphire) will likely get greasy over the lap.

I want a MORE hardcore version of the sapphire!

The resolution in the video isn't good enough to read the plates on the Lucid, although I don't see the red manufacturer lettering of the DE earlier in this thread. Looking at the Aston, though, I'm pretty sure it's this car, KY23MTE. Number plate is grainy in this still but it's there.

Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 12.52.53 PM.png

And the placement of the white blob in this frame matches the UK sticker in the pic above.

Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 12.53.39 PM.png

According to the interwebs there are (at least) four 2024 Vantage coupes with this same camo: KY23MVH, MUA, MSV and MTE

So I would (again) speculate that this is Aston Martin playing to see what they've bought. Hope they had fun :D

The resolution in the video isn't good enough to read the plates on the Lucid, although I don't see the red manufacturer lettering of the DE earlier in this thread. Looking at the Aston, though, I'm pretty sure it's this car, KY23MTE. Number plate is grainy in this still but it's there.

View attachment 17374

And the placement of the white blob in this frame matches the UK sticker in the pic above.

View attachment 17375

According to the interwebs there are (at least) four 2024 Vantage coupes with this same camo: KY23MVH, MUA, MSV and MTE

So I would (again) speculate that this is Aston Martin playing to see what they've bought. Hope they had fun :D
Yup! The thing that interests me about the vantages is that it is a refresh yet to be announced. I know this is a reach, but is there a potential for that refresh to have an electric option? Maserati will be doing it with their folgore models, and I'd imagine AM wants a competitor to that..

Holy shit this is actually impressive

The fact they the Porsche was a mere 3 seconds behind the Nevera.
With numbers like that, I now have no doubt the Sapphire should be extremely close or can possibly beat these cars!

Holy shit this is actually impressive

The fact they the Porsche was a mere 3 seconds behind the Nevera.
With numbers like that, I now have no doubt the Sapphire should be extremely close or can possibly beat these cars!
Posted that thread... before I was doubtful the sapphire could get a 6 minute time but now? The nurburgring is a notoriously power heavy track and if the Sapphire can manage its tires and battery, I have hope!

Wow that was amazing!

Does anybody know where the official video is? On his Instagram, he said he was releasing the video about a week ago, but there's nothing on his youtube channel. Did it get taken down or did he just forget? All the succeeding videos after that Insta post have been published already. Also the car's performance was pretty impressive considering they had 3 or 4 passengers in the car, and it was pretty wet.

Last edited:
Now that I look more carefully, it looks like he's driving two separate cars. They have different license plates. Additionally, I'm totally guessing, but the one Misha is filmed getting into has Dutch license plates, which the press cars for Auto Express and Carwow also have, but the car on his Instagram has German plates. Could he be getting be press cars from Lucid?

Back