Spare tire

Has anyone been able to find any 21" run flat tires? I did not see any on TireRack.

Updated shipping list

EZSpare wheel
Lucid tire repair kit
lug nut remover in case nut gets stuck
hazard triangle + vest . for visibility
ratchet wrench + 18" break bar + adapter kits
manual car jack
Lucid zip jacket so I could look like a professional while changing tires

hmmm I think those cross bars are more appropriate instead of a ratchet wrench?
fyi .. I ordered the EZ-Spare wheel/tire (which comes w/ its own lug nuts .. see photo) and their "Tire Changing Kit" (see photo).. which included the jack (which fits under the car w/ a flat), telescoping lug wrench w/ 4 socket sizes..
so, with the exception of the lug nut remover (e.g. Set of 1 removers), I got everything from Ez-spare.

Attachments

• IMG_5207.JPEG
    IMG_5207.JPEG
    160.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_5210.JPEG
    IMG_5210.JPEG
    126.9 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_5218.JPEG
    IMG_5218.JPEG
    433 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_5212.JPEG
    IMG_5212.JPEG
    182.6 KB · Views: 103
Has anyone been able to find any 21" run flat tires? I did not see any on TireRack.
The manual specifically states Air should not be used with run flats.

Many thanks to this forum. I have a GT with 2200M. It has performed great and I have been very happy.
I just had a flat. Hit a pot hole I did not see and tire was flat in 30seconds. LUCKILY, thanks to this forum I was prepared. I had ordered an EZ spare about 6 weeks ago and it just arrived this past weekend (EZ spare was backed up bc a lot of Lucid owners ordering). Had the tire in the trunk, but I also bought the Lucid tire repair kit that you are supposed be able to plug into the cigarette lighter in the trunk hook up to the tire and it fills it with some goo and your god to go for a little while. Well, that did not work at all so I put the spare on.
I have been following this chain recently and thanks to so many great suggestions, I was able to get the spare on easily. I knew where the lift points were and to take the black caps off the lug nuts. The EZ spare was a cinch and a definite buy for a lucid owner with 21“ tires (Or they could provide a spare like every other car company selling very expensive cars that don’t come with run-flats. On that note, I haven’t had a flat tire that I have had to change on the side of the road in about 20 years. These are amazing performance tires, but way too fragile. My key fobs are not working so service is coming to fix and I just sent a note to the rep to order me a set of 19” all seasons or snow tires if possible.

Love the car, but I definitely will not drive it with total confidence that a tire now after 2200mi will happen again. And then there are the tech glitches which so far have only need minor update fixed issues for me. Thankfully, not my only car.
I m so sorry to hear about your flat but thanks for sharing it with us. I am so glad that you were so well prepared and it sounds like you handle it well. Congrats on that.
While the 21 inch wheels are very sharp looking and most people do prefer them over the more plain 19 inch wheels, Lucid does indicated that the risk of blowouts due to sidewall failures is greater given the weight of the car. Apparently, they just do not handle potholes very well and weaken a bit with ieach ocurrence. Is this what happed to you or did something else cause the flat? It was a tough choice for me to go with the 19 inches but living where we have 6 miles of country roads to travel over to get to the freeway, we just have way too many potholes.

I wonder if other heavy EVs with 21 in wheels have this problem or is this just a Pirelli problem? Does anyone know?

I m so sorry to hear about your flat but thanks for sharing it with us. I am so glad that you were so well prepared and it sounds like you handle it well. Congrats on that.
While the 21 inch wheels are very sharp looking and most people do prefer them over the more plain 19 inch wheels, Lucid does indicated that the risk of blowouts due to sidewall failures is greater given the weight of the car. Apparently, they just do not handle potholes very well and weaken a bit with ieach ocurrence. Is this what happed to you or did something else cause the flat? It was a tough choice for me to go with the 19 inches but living where we have 6 miles of country roads to travel over to get to the freeway, we just have way too many potholes.

I wonder if other heavy EVs with 21 in wheels have this problem or is this just a Pirelli problem? Does anyone know?
For some context, I’ve had the same problem on two different BMW 8 Series on 21’s, both needed new wheels and tyres.

For some context, I’ve had the same problem on two different BMW 8 Series on 21’s, both needed new wheels and tyres.
A couple Porsche (911-type) owner friends have told me they'll never get larger factory wheels again after blowouts and rim damage. It's not unique to Lucid, not unique to EVs. Just unique to cars with 30/35 aspect ratio tires.

A couple Porsche (911-type) owner friends have told me they'll never get larger factory wheels again after blowouts and rim damage. It's not unique to Lucid, not unique to EVs. Just unique to cars with 30/35 aspect ratio tires.
Just a note for anyone that wants a spare...I am ordering a Modern Spare versus EZ spare. Check out their website...the Model S Tesla kit will work on Lucid GT 19-inch wheels.
Check out: https://modernspare.com/

Just a note for anyone that wants a spare...I am ordering a Modern Spare versus EZ spare. Check out their website...the Model S Tesla kit will work on Lucid GT 19-inch wheels.
Check out: https://modernspare.com/
What tipped your decision in favor of Modern Spare? It looks like a solid choice.

Modern Spare T145/85r18 with a diameter of 27.7 was originally ordered for my Tesla Model S. That extra inch seems to keep it from going flat into the opening. That said, the tools fit below it. With the Tesla, no special adapters or lug nuts needed. Need to find out if the Lucid Air 21in requires anything else. Below from Modern Spare site, but picture is my LUCID AIR
modern spare spec.jpg
20221209_132852.jpg

Last edited:
I contacted Lucid customer care and also texted a service rep who has been working with me to replace my unresponsive fobs and after 36h no one from service has contacted me. Frustrating. Does anyone know if Lucid replaces the tires? I don’t remember seeing if there was tire insurance bundled in to the warranty. The hole is in the side wall so my mechanic says it needs to be replaced. Waiting until Lucid gets back to me.

I contacted Lucid customer care and also texted a service rep who has been working with me to replace my unresponsive fobs and after 36h no one from service has contacted me. Frustrating. Does anyone know if Lucid replaces the tires? I don’t remember seeing if there was tire insurance bundled in to the warranty. The hole is in the side wall so my mechanic says it needs to be replaced. Waiting until Lucid gets back to me.
There are a number of other threads that discuss tire issues and Tire Bubbles that might help you navigate the Lucid/Pirelli landscape.

Someone on the forum posted about a tire inflator hose extension by JACO.
This actually works very well for tight access and has minimal air loss when disengaged.
JACO is a small business in CO (?) and has been impressively customer-oriented in my experience.
I've bought stuff from them over the years and their warranty is iron-clad and hassle-free.
I'm all for small business owners and highly recommend this company, as well as the new toy I just bought:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099SBMBJV?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Last edited:
Alrighty, just read about 8 pages about spare tire. Below is my shopping list.

EZSpare wheel . fit in the frunk. the 20" alloy spare can be used for any trim? 19" 20" 21"
Electric jack + impact wrench for lifting and changing the tires
Lucid tire repair kit would this still be needed if I got the spare wheel? perhaps if my tire keeps slowly deflating then this would be enough
lug nut remover just in case it gets stuck
hazard triangle + vest . for visibility

Let me know if I'm missing anything or there's a better alternative
I suggest a torque wrench. Go to Harborfreight.

Lucid does replace the tires. There is no tire warranty for road hazards unless you bought the car before June/July. Pirelli used to offer a road hazard warranty but changed it around then.

I’d suggest contacting your local service center directly.

Someone on the forum posted about a tire inflator hose extension by JACO.
This actually works very well for tight access and has minimal air loss when disengaged.
JACO is a small business in CO (?) and has been impressively customer-oriented in my experience.
I've bought stuff from them over the years and their warranty is iron-clad and hassle-free.
I'm all for small business owners and highly recommend this company, as well as the new toy I just bought:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099SBMBJV?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
That was me .. and I agree. I've bought a lot of their products and have yet to be disappointed.

Well, finally got my EZ Spare which has an outside diameter of 28.4". It fits in the front trunk well enough but does not sit flat at the bottom of the space. I do not know the outside rolling diameter of the Pirelli 245/45R19 OEM tires and trust that the EZ Spare diameter will not be a problem for short distances in the event of sidewall damage. (I appreciate the link to the Modern Spare, but when I went to the site it did not list a spare for Lucid.)

Well, finally got my EZ Spare which has an outside diameter of 28.4". It fits in the front trunk well enough but does not sit flat at the bottom of the space. I do not know the outside rolling diameter of the Pirelli 245/45R19 OEM tires and trust that the EZ Spare diameter will not be a problem for short distances in the event of sidewall damage. (I appreciate the link to the Modern Spare, but when I went to the site it did not list a spare for Lucid.)
I read a post somewhere in this thread stating the Tesla Model S listed on Modern Spare's web page will work. I tried calling yesterday to verify and they were closed. Will call again Monday, or Tuesday and post there recommendation.

Back