Spare tire

BuddhaDada13

Cars
Lucid AGT Black/Mojave
I’m sitting on the side of the road with a flat. I ran over a pothole with the right front tire and about 20 minutes later, my tire pressure sensor went off. I was able to pull over into a gas station to swap my EZ Spare onto the car. I jacked up the car only to discover that the socket wrench heads included with the jack are too SMALL for the lug nuts on the 21” tires. Ugh!! Please learn from my experience and get the appropriately sized wrench head. I’ll keep you updated as I wait for a tow to the nearest service center (Torrance)

Attachments

• 28DAFF48-37C1-4ED2-8C62-392FB43C6B3C.jpeg
    28DAFF48-37C1-4ED2-8C62-392FB43C6B3C.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 261
I’m sitting on the side of the road with a flat. I ran over a pothole with the right front tire and about 20 minutes later, my tire pressure sensor went off. I was able to pull over into a gas station to swap my EZ Spare onto the car. I jacked up the car only to discover that the socket wrench heads included with the jack are too SMALL for the lug nuts on the 21” tires. Ugh!! Please learn from my experience and get the appropriately sized wrench head. I’ll keep you updated as I wait for a tow to the nearest service center (Torrance)
Sorry to hear this! Which jack did you get?

Sorry to hear this! Which jack did you get?
I got the one on the EZ spare web site. The other issue that I have is that Lucid did not mark where on the frame the jack should be placed. I found a spot that looked slightly more reinforced but was not 100% sure. I placed and crossed my fingers.

thanks for the reminder. i'll have to check this when i get the car. i bought a jack from amazon and it came with 2 drive heads.

B4E78DB1-E3D2-4CFC-B1F2-DA4F35A5FBFD.png

I got the one on the EZ spare web site. The other issue that I have is that Lucid did not mark where on the frame the jack should be placed. I found a spot that looked slightly more reinforced but was not 100% sure. I placed and crossed my fingers.
Found this in manual hope it was close. Thanks for the info! Sorry you are stuck!

Shoot! The wrench set they sent me had the proper size. It's a dual sided socket so 2 sizes per head. Try flipping them around?

Shoot! The wrench set they sent me had the proper size. It's a dual sided socket so 2 sizes per head. Try flipping them around?
I did. None of them worked. I’ll try again after the tire is replaced. The tow truck is here so I’m just going to have the service center take care of it.

As I’m waiting for the tow truck, I thought I’d be helpful and get the car ready to be towed. I was reading the manual and saw the attached. I tried to put the car in tow truck mode but there’s no option. I called the service line and they checked. It looks like it’s a feature that will be coming out with the next update and they updated the manual to take it into account Since they put this in the manual already, hopefully the update will be coming soon.

Attachments

• 33D0BE96-E53F-43FD-925A-1F1EB167BEE7.png
    33D0BE96-E53F-43FD-925A-1F1EB167BEE7.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 180
This might be silly, but did you remove the caps?

This might be silly, but did you remove the caps?
It’s not silly. I didn’t. I did not realize that there were caps, so a huge embarrassment when the tow truck driver asked me the same question. My PSA (public service announcement) to help others on here is now a PSA (public show of asinineness). Ugh.

Live and Learn, no shame.

It actually prompted me to go out in my garage and see what I had that came with the spare. I have two two-sided sockets for four different sizes. Now, I don't have a car yet to verify I have the correct size, but I think four should cover it.

Live and Learn, no shame.

It actually prompted me to go out in my garage and see what I had that came with the spare. I have two two-sided sockets for four different sizes. Now, I don't have a car yet to verify I have the correct size, but I think four should cover it.
If it's the same set it should be fine 🙂

Bummer ...why didn't you call road side service / AAA? They should have had the appropriate socket to swap the tire vs having to be towed to the service center.

Back