Sounds suspiciously like a Lucid-Bentley team up

I spoke with a Rimac marketing director a few weeks ago. He said that Rimac was in discussions with many major manufacturers (and is part-owned by Porsche). I imagine that Lucid is as well.

I spoke with a Rimac marketing director a few weeks ago. He said that Rimac was in discussions with many major manufacturers (and is part-owned by Porsche). I imagine that Lucid is as well.
Rimac has controlling ownership of Bugatti now.

It never ceases to amaze me the kinds of networking and contacts folks on this forum have.

Nothing official of course, but some back of the envelope math…

Why would they not use a VAG electric platform?

I’d hazard a guess that a Lucid-Aston Martin partnership would make more sense since they have shared investors and Aston doesn’t have a history of making their own proper EV.

With Musk’s predatory pricing aimed at gutting competition, I hope that Lucid will find partners like this which do not compete in the same category as well as Govt contracts like they just received. Their technology is the best. With recent positive reviews and awards, there is a strong base for advertising this car and growing its product line.

I’d hazard a guess that a Lucid-Aston Martin partnership would make more sense since they have shared investors and Aston doesn’t have a history of making their own proper EV.
Because their motors are crap?

It never ceases to amaze me the kinds of networking and contacts folks on this forum have.
It was through a semi-random connection by a friend who used to work at Pagani. Just got lucky.
Rimac.jpg

Eh? I was under the impression the Taycan motor isn’t bad? Are they going to hit a wall of Lucid patents if they want to improve?
The taycan doesnt actually use VAG's ppe platform, it uses an architecture called J1 that porsche designed before dieselgate. Thanks to this, its specifically built for sportscars. Also, the taycans triple motor isnt out yet, or even the taycan that the GT division will modify.

Wasnt that confirmed somewhere? I recall seeing the partnership article.

Not to brag, but I’ve go a guy who manages a Jack in the Box. 😂
Oooooh I know a McDonald’s manager in Singapore! He’s awesome, met him in Bali. Small world. He is a *terrible* negotiator tho - never let him shop at any of the markets on your behalf 😂

Back