Soon to be Pure Owner, ex-Lucid Employee

AZPure

Cars
Lucid Air Pure
Hello everyone, I should be getting my Pure in the next couple of weeks in Scottsdale. AWD, Quantum Gray, 20” Aero Lite wheels, standard dream drive, standard audio. As mentioned in the title, I’m a former Lucid employee. I worked for two years at the AZ manufacturing plant. I made the tough decision to leave back in April but I’m super excited to experience Lucid from the eyes of a customer.

Hello everyone, I should be getting my Pure in the next couple of weeks in Scottsdale. AWD, Quantum Gray, 20” Aero Lite wheels, standard dream drive, standard audio. As mentioned in the title, I’m a former Lucid employee. I worked for two years at the AZ manufacturing plant. I made the tough decision to leave back in April but I’m super excited to experience Lucid from the eyes of a customer.
Congratulations. Please check out the AZ thread here: https://lucidowners.com/threads/arizona.795/

Also consider joining the meetup on Sept 30.

Welcome!!

Congratulations. Please check out the AZ thread here: https://lucidowners.com/threads/arizona.795/

Also consider joining the meetup on Sept 30.
Even the Vegas meetup on October 7, the more the merrier.

Welcome @Rdefibaugh as someone who's worked there, you've seen the ins and outs that none of us have seen. Makes me even more excited to see you joining as you being exposed to things we have no seen and you still went ahead in purchasing the car!

Even the Vegas meetup on October 7, the more the merrier.

Welcome @Rdefibaugh as someone who's worked there, you've seen the ins and outs that none of us have seen. Makes me even more excited to see you joining as you being exposed to things we have no seen and you still went ahead in purchasing the car!
I appreciate the warm welcome! Lucids are amazing, as are the many people who build them here in AZ. Being with the company in the “earlier days” (prior to going public), it’s inspiring to see how far the company has come, but still a ways to go. I have the utmost confidence in the Lucid team and can’t wait to see the Gravity reveal. As I said before, it was really hard to leave and I only did so due to getting an offer I couldn’t refuse. Since leaving, I’ve honestly considered buying nearly every EV (under $100k) on the market and in my opinion, it’s really hard to top a Lucid. Maybe I’m biased.

It will be great to hear your observations, @Rdefibaugh ! I am enjoying my 1st electic only vehicle. My previous daily driver was a Fisker, the tech has come a long, long way.

welcome to the other side!! love to hear the comments from someone that worked there!

I got my AT in April (and love it!!!) and hope that some day in the future I'll be building them. I'd look forward to meeting you and hearing your perspective on what working at the plant was like. I've been working for Intel for 28 years and probably will stay for at least a couple more.

Delivered!
IMG_2319.jpeg

Looks fantastic! I wish the 20” were in all-season spec so I could have them for New England winters as they look better than the 19”. I know of other Lucid employees who either own or will be getting the car. From the in-the-trenches stories I’ve heard and some of the challenges, the fact that this car exists at all is pretty inspiring. The undertaking was beyond ambitious, so that much of it has been pulled off is pretty remarkable.

I just asked during delivery and they installed them. This was in Scottsdale but I have to imagine they would do the same at all centers.

I think they do. Every time I see a work invoice from Riviera Beach in Florida there is a line item for applying a bear decal.

Looks fantastic! I wish the 20” were in all-season spec so I could have them for New England winters as they look better than the 19”. I know of other Lucid employees who either own or will be getting the car. From the in-the-trenches stories I’ve heard and some of the challenges, the fact that this car exists at all is pretty inspiring. The undertaking was beyond ambitious, so that much of it has been pulled off is pretty remarkable.
The 20" Michelin all season tires work really well on these wheels & are quiet despite not being foam lined.

Are the covers the same for all wheels? Meaning they scratch the hell out of the wheels?

Are the covers the same for all wheels? Meaning they scratch the hell out of the wheels?
Not sure, I haven’t take mine off to look and I’m not aware of that being a problem on non-Dream edition wheels.

Not sure, I haven’t take mine off to look and I’m not aware of that being a problem on non-Dream edition wheels.
They are. Talked with my technician when it went in for service and they told me the aero covers were designed to never be taken off, hence it's more of a permanent solution, that's why they damage the rims and inside paint.

Back