[SOLVED] Seat memory (not working) and profile information goofiness

I'm not sure what that gets me? If I need the profile because I want the seat memory function - and I disable the load profile - how can I get what I want to work - to work?
You'll just have to load it manually, yes a pita, but then it will only load your seat after you swap profiles and not when it senses your fob/mobile key/or face. You could also just try using face and disable only the keyed loading.

You'll just have to load it manually, yes a pita, but then it will only load your seat after you swap profiles and not when it senses your fob/mobile key/or face. You could also just try using face and disable only the keyed loading.
I may try it - but switching profiles is an arduous process in itself - I'm curious what the delay would be.

Not only that - there are some goofy things that happen with the infotainment system where sometimes I'll get in the car and have zero audio. It's a bit disconcerting - volume doesn't do anything. Can't stream etc. I believe I've isolated it to the Bluetooth connection with my phone - if I either leave the car and return or turn bluetooth off and back on on my phone it will work again. I think the car gets confused sometimes - perhaps trying to connect and hitting some sort of failure mid communication that causes the audio to be partially enabled but not completely. And since it doesn't happen all the time it's difficult to reproduce.

I'm just super happy that my seat memory has started working.

Now, if only they can fix the other bugs.

When I started my car this afternoon it opened up my wife’s profile. I could drive in her profile with her settings but not use Drive or Reverse when I switched to my own. She was not with me at that time. After I did a valet card reset and waited 20 minutes it allowed me to use and drive in my own profile.
This is the third time this issue has occurred and I hope Lucid will be able to address this problem soon.

I sent this issue to Customer Care.

Profile settings have been a frustration. No matter how often I reset my driver side mirror and “save to profile”, next drive, I’m looking half at the driver side of my vehicle. And if my wife is ahead of me approaching the vehicle, it goes to her settings (Lilliputian) and neither facial recognition, profile switch or restore seems to get my nose out of the steering wheel.

Profile settings have been a frustration. No matter how often I reset my driver side mirror and “save to profile”, next drive, I’m looking half at the driver side of my vehicle. And if my wife is ahead of me approaching the vehicle, it goes to her settings (Lilliputian) and neither facial recognition, profile switch or restore seems to get my nose out of the steering wheel.
I've turned off profile detection for my wife's fob and phone. That helped tremendously, since I drive 90% of the time. Sure, she has to choose her profile manually, but it's better than letting the car get it wrong, and then having to set it again.

I set both profiles to "automatically" load settings. That, unfortunately, is a mixed bag. What I've noticed is it won't load any settings until you sit down and the facial recognition is successful. That means manually moving the seat first when I get to the car to at least far back enough where I can get in. But then once I sit down, I look at the center console so it can recognize my face. At that point, if all goes well, my seat, steering wheel, mirrors, etc. all move into place, and I'm good to go.

Unfortunately, that doesn't always work 100%. So then I have to either go to each individual area and "restore" one by one, or do a Bobby reset out to guest profile, then back to me. This is very frustrating.

I do wish there were a single "restore" button that would restore all profile settings, just in case it doesn't load everything properly. That would be handy, anyway, for times when I move my seat and other things around for whatever reason. One button press to get back to normal. And then I wish the restoration from facial recognition were more consistent. And finally, I'd love to have a way to choose a profile from the app, so I could do it ahead of time while approaching the car. By the time I get to the door, everything should be in place.

I've turned off profile detection for my wife's fob and phone. That helped tremendously, since I drive 90% of the time. Sure, she has to choose her profile manually, but it's better than letting the car get it wrong, and then having to set it again.
I only defined my wife's fob, not her phone. She only takes her fob if she's driving. If we're splitting the driving, the non-driver puts their fob in a faraday pouch. I've only had the seat not adjust to either of our positions when I open the door or before once for each of us. I did have the seat change to her position once after I had sat in the seat. Otherwise, profile detection and seat adjustment has worked for us.

I have this exact same problem. My seat refuses to adjust to the saved settings when I press the Restore button. I have the only profile in the car and it is assigned only to my mobile key. My wife does not use mobile key on her phone and both of my fobs are stored away in faraday pouches. I am the only driver that uses facial recognition and whether or not I get the green checkmark or red X doesn't seem to matter. I am of the understanding that completely deleting the profile and starting over might help, but I have four different homelink devices already attached and I am not really thrilled about the idea of redoing them all. It's not a big deal since I am the only driver, but I would like the seat to move back where it belongs! I hope this bug is fixed soon.

I have this exact same problem. My seat refuses to adjust to the saved settings when I press the Restore button. I have the only profile in the car and it is assigned only to my mobile key. My wife does not use mobile key on her phone and both of my fobs are stored away in faraday pouches. I am the only driver that uses facial recognition and whether or not I get the green checkmark or red X doesn't seem to matter. I am of the understanding that completely deleting the profile and starting over might help, but I have four different homelink devices already attached and I am not really thrilled about the idea of redoing them all. It's not a big deal since I am the only driver, but I would like the seat to move back where it belongs! I hope this bug is fixed soon.
Same problem and same decision here.
Plus for those of us with old garage openers, there's the matter of how many remotes we can program.
For my openers, LiftMaster said 8. Yes, only eight and between me and my wife, that's 2 more for the Lucid's separate profiles.

Same problem and same decision here.
Plus for those of us with old garage openers, there's the matter of how many remotes we can program.
For my openers, LiftMaster said 8. Yes, only eight and between me and my wife, that's 2 more for the Lucid's separate profiles.
I'm not sure what you mean about the home link. Do you have seven cars?

I'm not sure what you mean about the home link. Do you have seven cars?
I would need a 2nd job to pay insurance for 7 cars.
Nah, we currently have only 4 cars but over the years, we've owned a few more, and the cars that we sold took up the memory slots in the garage opener.
From what the LiftMaster customer service told me, when the HomeLink is programmed the 9th time, the garage opener will kick out one pre-existing remote, and it's a random process, not necessarily the oldest remote that would be erased. Really doesn't make sense.
For newer openers, the limit is like 99.

Make sure you’re in park. Restore does not work when in gear.

What’s the logic for this limitation?
Presumably so the car doesn't adjust your seat/mirrors/steering wheel while driving to make things unreachable/unseeable

Presumably so the car doesn't adjust your seat/mirrors/steering wheel while driving to make things unreachable/unseeable
I can adjust and set memory when in gear in all the cars I‘ve owned.

Yea you still can with the Lucid, it just won't do the restore function.

You can do both of those things while in gear. You just can’t make the car restore your previous settings.

Back