[SOLVED] Seat memory (not working) and profile information goofiness

Hahahaha. "just turn off a feature you shouldn't have to turn off" - Nah, I'll take - allow you to change profiles instead.

Technically, secondary profiles can use a custom Avatar - but limited to the list of available Avatars. Either way - it seems a bit short sighted to not, at a minimum, allow the main profile to select from a list of pre-defined Avatars instead of having to go find one or create one themselves - especially since it's available to the secondary profiles.
The real problem with turning off Bluetooth is - you can no longer user the cars internal speakers or connectivity to speak - and you're relegated to using only your phone. So... no.

The real problem with turning off Bluetooth is - you can no longer user the cars internal speakers or connectivity to speak - and you're relegated to using only your phone. So... no.
What? I never said to turn Bluetooth off forever.

The issue, as I understand it, is that the phone is on Bluetooth while you are on the phone with service, and thus it won’t let you change profiles to try and replicate the issue with service.

To solve that problem, temporarily disable Bluetooth so that it lets you switch profiles. That’s all I said.

What? I never said to turn Bluetooth off forever.

The issue, as I understand it, is that the phone is on Bluetooth while you are on the phone with service, and thus it won’t let you change profiles to try and replicate the issue with service.

To solve that problem, temporarily disable Bluetooth so that it lets you switch profiles. That’s all I said.
If you're on a call - and you're in the car you have the option to use the cars infotainment system to supplement the call. To turn off bluetooth makes it to where you no longer have that option. So - no - leave bluetooth on and Lucid should fix the issue.

It really doesn't matter - the likelihood of me switching profiles at this time is relatively slim. However, it's probably good to make people aware of this bug. As well as to make Lucid aware so they can address it.

If you're on a call - and you're in the car you have the option to use the cars infotainment system to supplement the call. To turn off bluetooth makes it to where you no longer have that option. So - no - leave bluetooth on and Lucid should fix the issue.

It really doesn't matter - the likelihood of me switching profiles at this time is relatively slim. However, it's probably good to make people aware of this bug. As well as to make Lucid aware so they can address it.
I’m confused. Of course they should fix the bug. Please show me where I said they shouldn’t.

I thought you were trying to replicate a bug with service on the phone; to wit, I recommended turning off Bluetooth so that you could remain on the phone while you replicated the switching profile bug.

That’s all.

I’m confused. Of course they should fix the bug. Please show me where I said they shouldn’t.

I thought you were trying to replicate a bug with service on the phone; to wit, I recommended turning off Bluetooth so that you could remain on the phone while you replicated the switching profile bug.

That’s all.
I can replicate the bug - but only when I'm talking on the phone. What I can't do is video with my phone whilst talking on the phone. So I'll need to use another video device to document the issue. The profile switching works when you're not talking on the phone but doesn't work while talking - so, clearly, turning off bluetooth will allow you to switch profiles. It's not the act of making a phone call that causes the profile switching to malfunction - it's the making a phone call while connected to the car via bluetooth. Regardless of whether you're using the cars infotainment system for audio.

I can replicate the bug - but only when I'm talking on the phone. What I can't do is video with my phone whilst talking on the phone. So I'll need to use another video device to document the issue. The profile switching works when you're not talking on the phone but doesn't work while talking - so, clearly, turning off bluetooth will allow you to switch profiles. It's not the act of making a phone call that causes the profile switching to malfunction - it's the making a phone call while connected to the car via bluetooth. Regardless of whether you're using the cars infotainment system for audio.
I am not sure this is a bug. Your phone's bluetooth connection is tied to your profile and information inside your profile is not shared with other profiles. Hence, it cannot switch profiles without disconnecting the phone. This behavior may not be desirable but is built into the security used by the car.

I'm having a problem with driver profiles, too. I've had my Tourist about two weeks so this may be a new user problem but I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong or this is a software glitch. My problem is that I have set up two user profiles connected to two fobs, one for me and another for my wife. When a new fob is detected, it changes the avatar to the correct driver profile but the seat, mirrors and steering wheel do not change. The only way to get them set to the correct driver profile (fob) is to press Restore in the seats and Restore in the mirrors settings. I assume the seats and mirrors are supposed to change to the new drivers profile when the fob is detected, right? I do have "Automatically Switch Preferences" switched to on. Can anyone tell me if this is a setting problem on my part or a software glitch?

I am not sure this is a bug. Your phone's bluetooth connection is tied to your profile and information inside your profile is not shared with other profiles. Hence, it cannot switch profiles without disconnecting the phone. This behavior may not be desirable but is built into the security used by the car.
That's not accurate. It can definitely disconnect bluetooth and not disconnect the call. The bluetooth connection for the call is only for the audio and visualization components - I can switch from the bluetooth connection by selecting either Speaker or Phone for my preferred audio.

That's not accurate. It can definitely disconnect bluetooth and not disconnect the call. The bluetooth connection for the call is only for the audio and visualization components - I can switch from the bluetooth connection by selecting either Speaker or Phone for my preferred audio.
Additionally... switching profiles disconnects the current profile anyway - so switching profiles and bluetooth linking don't really have anything (or shouldn't have anything) to do with each other.

I'm having a problem with driver profiles, too. I've had my Tourist about two weeks so this may be a new user problem but I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong or this is a software glitch. My problem is that I have set up two user profiles connected to two fobs, one for me and another for my wife. When a new fob is detected, it changes the avatar to the correct driver profile but the seat, mirrors and steering wheel do not change. The only way to get them set to the correct driver profile (fob) is to press Restore in the seats and Restore in the mirrors settings. I assume the seats and mirrors are supposed to change to the new drivers profile when the fob is detected, right? I do have "Automatically Switch Preferences" switched to on. Can anyone tell me if this is a setting problem on my part or a software glitch?
That would be a bug.

I see. Misunderstanding!

I picked up my AT last week and have been fighting with profiles and seat memory since day 1. My wife and I both use the car, and both have our phones setup as keys, under each of our profiles. When both of us are taking the car, it's a crapshoot on what profile the car is going to load. I thought face recognition is supposed to switch the profile to whoever is seating in the driver seat, but it does now.

Anyway, with all the experimenting, I did find something interesting. As everyone else in this thread is saying, the seats do not go to the preprogrammed positions when the profiles are switched. However, what I found is if I get in the car, and do not close the door, and then switch my profile manually, when I do close the door, the car WILL recall the stored seat position for that profile.

So the routine right now for getting in the car is to move the seat way back so I can get into the car, keep the door open, select my profile on the screen, and after the profile is fully loaded, close the door. A royal pain, but at least I can get my seat settings back.

I picked up my AT last week and have been fighting with profiles and seat memory since day 1. My wife and I both use the car, and both have our phones setup as keys, under each of our profiles. When both of us are taking the car, it's a crapshoot on what profile the car is going to load. I thought face recognition is supposed to switch the profile to whoever is seating in the driver seat, but it does now.

Anyway, with all the experimenting, I did find something interesting. As everyone else in this thread is saying, the seats do not go to the preprogrammed positions when the profiles are switched. However, what I found is if I get in the car, and do not close the door, and then switch my profile manually, when I do close the door, the car WILL recall the stored seat position for that profile.

So the routine right now for getting in the car is to move the seat way back so I can get into the car, keep the door open, select my profile on the screen, and after the profile is fully loaded, close the door. A royal pain, but at least I can get my seat settings back.
Profiles are definitely still wonky, to be sure. I've found many times when switching, it will offer me a separate little popup asking if I want to restore my seat and such. But sometimes that doesn't happen. I'll have to try the open door trick.

Really hoping they straighten some of this stuff out soon.

Profiles are definitely still wonky, to be sure. I've found many times when switching, it will offer me a separate little popup asking if I want to restore my seat and such. But sometimes that doesn't happen. I'll have to try the open door trick.

Really hoping they straighten some of this stuff out soon.
My seat position memory has never worked. if I move the seat from the saved position, it offers me the restore function. If I tap it, nothing happens. I have been advised to remove my profile and make a new one, but I have four different Homelink items programmed, and I don’t really want to go to the trouble to do them all again. I wish Homelink would persist from profile to profile. Or just have a few memory buttons for seat/steering wheel/mirrors like every other car. The good news is nobody else really drives my car.

My seat position memory has never worked. if I move the seat from the saved position, it offers me the restore function. If I tap it, nothing happens. I have been advised to remove my profile and make a new one, but I have four different Homelink items programmed, and I don’t really want to go to the trouble to do them all again. I wish Homelink would persist from profile to profile. Or just have a few memory buttons for seat/steering wheel/mirrors like every other car. The good news is nobody else really drives my car.
Homelink is another profile nightmare. I programmed my garages under my profile, but when the profile is switched to my wife's, the programmed garages are gone. They need to be programmed under every profile, which is crazy.

Homelink is another profile nightmare. I programmed my garages under my profile, but when the profile is switched to my wife's, the programmed garages are gone. They need to be programmed under every profile, which is crazy.
That is part of the underlying Android Automotive security protocols. Either you can't bypass them or Lucid decided not to.

Thanks for sharing, @Bobby. I just sent you a DM.

Thanks for sharing, @Bobby. I just sent you a DM.
I had this same issue and it “magically” fixed itself - sort of.

Another user had this issue and had indicated switching profiles with the door open seemed to work.

So. I had created a secondary “test” profile last month and tried as advised to no avail. But then… I decided to try switching to the “guest” profile.

When I did that and tested the restore functionality on that profile it worked! So I switched back to my profile - and that worked!!!! Viola!

The only problem now is that the whole desire for the restore. Is so I can create some sort of ease of entry by moving the seat back before exiting the vehicle and restoring when I get back in. And it sort of works except when it sees me coming it basically moves the seat back before I get in.

I had this same issue and it “magically” fixed itself - sort of.

Another user had this issue and had indicated switching profiles with the door open seemed to work.

So. I had created a secondary “test” profile last month and tried as advised to no avail. But then… I decided to try switching to the “guest” profile.

When I did that and tested the restore functionality on that profile it worked! So I switched back to my profile - and that worked!!!! Viola!

The only problem now is that the whole desire for the restore. Is so I can create some sort of ease of entry by moving the seat back before exiting the vehicle and restoring when I get back in. And it sort of works except when it sees me coming it basically moves the seat back before I get in.
You can disable load profiles via keys or facial rec.

You can disable load profiles via keys or facial rec.
I'm not sure what that gets me? If I need the profile because I want the seat memory function - and I disable the load profile - how can I get what I want to work - to work?

Back