Software Version 2.8.7

Gosh I really wish I had chosen "robustness" as my user name on here. To the person parked in the airport - that's very wise, based on what others on the forum have experienced. Only update where you know you can easily recover if something goes horribly wrong with the update.

While we joke about the robustness, and it is funny, it sure would be nice for them to publish a more detailed changelog. It feels a bit "lazy" frankly compared to what I experienced with Tesla. A more detailed changelog would allow us to pay special attention to areas of focus for the update. Maybe they don't want that for some reason.

Having said that, I'm super happy my iPhone key is working so well. Even when approaching from the back of the car! #robustosity
 
Looks like from the limited sample above, the Air GT is taking 1 hr 40+ minutes and the Air T is taking about 40 minutes?
 
New owner here.. (6 weeks) Are these updates sometimes extra slow? Have good WiFi in the garage, but after almost 2 hours I'm at 14%. Did 2 other updates that were pretty quick. Glad I don't have to drive anywhere today. The update notice said 1:49 update time.
2 things:
1) by the time you see the upgrade option, it's already downloaded. This is why the quoted installation time is the same for everyone (within a given configuration of vehicle in terms of DDPro vs DD Premium, etc) regardless of wifi or LTE for data.

2) "Glad you don't have to drive anywhere today?" It tells you ahead of time how much time the upgrade will take. If it's not a good time for you...don't do the upgrade. Drive the car all day, put it in the garage, then upgrade overnight if you like.

You can install the upgrade at your discretion, you don't need to do it right away.
 
2 things:
1) by the time you see the upgrade option, it's already downloaded. This is why the quoted installation time is the same for everyone (within a given configuration of vehicle in terms of DDPro vs DD Premium, etc) regardless of wifi or LTE for data.

2) "Glad you don't have to drive anywhere today?" It tells you ahead of time how much time the upgrade will take. If it's not a good time for you...don't do the upgrade. Drive the car all day, put it in the garage, then upgrade overnight if you like.

You can install the upgrade at your discretion, you don't need to do it right away.
That's interesting and helpful. Then I'm still trying to figure out why my install took so long.
 
New owner here.. (6 weeks) Are these updates sometimes extra slow? Have good WiFi in the garage, but after almost 2 hours I'm at 14%. Did 2 other updates that were pretty quick. Glad I don't have to drive anywhere today. The update notice said 1:49 update time.
I apologize, I misread your message in a hurry. I see now that you were saying you were only at 14% after 2 hours. I see your concern, then, and the follow up that progress moved quickly after that and the total time was actually 2:15'ish. I don't know what the reason for the variation was on that one, however, the time estimates are generally pretty good (this one was in the ballpark, it just didn't appear to be when you were still at the 14% mark, I get it). The point does stand about holding off on upgrading until you're ready, though.
 
I apologize, I misread your message in a hurry. I see now that you were saying you were only at 14% after 2 hours. I see your concern, then, and the follow up that progress moved quickly after that and the total time was actually 2:15'ish. I don't know what the reason for the variation was on that one, however, the time estimates are generally pretty good (this one was in the ballpark, it just didn't appear to be when you were still at the 14% mark, I get it). The point does stand about holding off on upgrading until you're ready, though.
No worries. My GT is a used 2023 I got from Lucid... great shape and saved thousands. It could be it needs the chip update, which I have scheduled, but they are waiting for new chips to arrive. Perhaps that would have speeded up the install. I have DDPro, so the update was longer anyway, but it seemed excessively long.
 
No worries. My GT is a used 2023 I got from Lucid... great shape and saved thousands. It could be it needs the chip update, which I have scheduled, but they are waiting for new chips to arrive. Perhaps that would have speeded up the install. I have DDPro, so the update was longer anyway, but it seemed excessively long.
'22 GT here without the chip. I'm not sure how long mine actually took because I started the update remotely from the app at 10pm last night, watched it a few times (it did sit at 9% for quite a while then hung on 14% from that point onwards, after which I stopped checking), then went to sleep. I woke up and it was done. I'd be surprised if the chip does much for update speeds....quite a few subsystems have their software updated during these large overhauls (and 2hrs is a significant upgrade to be sure), many of which are independent of the chip upgrade.
 
2023 Touring here with DDpro. Update took 1 hr 35 mins. Was at 33% for a while then moved to 50% about 1.5 hrs in and the went to 100 at 1 hr 35.
 
2023 Touring here with DDpro. Update took 1 hr 35 mins. Was at 33% for a while then moved to 50% about 1.5 hrs in and the went to 100 at 1 hr 35.
40 minutes for a 2024 Air Pure without DDP. Looks like DDP is the differentiator.
 
Got the notification to update to 2.8.7 this morning, remotely updating now😸
Hope we Airs get Halo and Dashcam soon🤞
 
Happy ending to the above story... it started to speed up and finished after 2:15. Whew! Still, seemed to be a really slow update. Live and learn.
Long update, not slow update. :p
 
While we joke about the robustness, and it is funny, it sure would be nice for them to publish a more detailed changelog. It feels a bit "lazy" frankly compared to what I experienced with Tesla. A more detailed changelog would allow us to pay special attention to areas of focus for the update.
Not all release notes are like this - the feature releases are pretty detailed. It’s the bugfix or prep releases that aren’t.
 
Update (2025 AT DDPro) took ~80 minutes. Went out for a couple of appointments and immediately noticed mobile key (iPhone 17 pro;everything current) is incredibly better. Unlocks when I get close, even with phone in pocket and from approach directions (front/rear) that were sketchy before.

To be fair, it worked pretty well previously, with the occasional delay of a few seconds (maybe 10 worst case), and occasionally having to press door handle maybe 5% of the time. It was fine, now it's excellent.

Not a lot of data points, and maybe it will regress, but it's so noticeably better after the update (no idea if the app v2.9 updated by itself recently). Will continue to evaluate, but I was shocked how well it works. *If* this continues, it's awesome now.
 
Not sure if there's any more room in there for robustness. I'm guessing if my car gets much more robust, it's going to start oozing robustness and leaving a trail on the road behind me like a James Bond oil slick
See a tailgater? “Siri, deploy robustness.”

Ah, I do have DDP (Air GT) so that explains the 1h49m time.
 
Mobile key performs very erratically for me so let’s see if this update helps.
 
Took about 80mins to update from 9:37 to 10:57, can't wait to get home to try the robustness
 
Back
Top