Software question

Is there a formal way to report a bug?
my delivery host basically said “Oh you can email it to me” which felt like a great way of any issues getting lost

For service issues, call or text Millbrae Service (for Bay Area).

For bugs, email [email protected] or call (888) 995-8243

You can always find those in the Lucid app too: hamburger button at top left -> 24/7 customer care and roadside assistance

YMMV when it comes to answers on this as you can tell but for me the following works reliably:

Lock/unlock
Radio
Spotify streaming
Nav
All drive modes
Climate control
Seat adjustments
Mirror adjustments
Backup camera
Surround camera
ADAS functions
Thank you current owners! The lists of what does and doesn’t work are really valuable, to Lucid and to reservation holders.

I’m trying to sort through the different experiences to determine how much of my “must have” list is solidly functional. The sheer length of the wish list suggests it may be a long time before many of the “nice to have” capabilities are available. I wouldn’t be surprised if DreamDrive and CarPlay are years away. But I think the following are essential right from the start:

1) 100% reliable lock/unlock from outside and inside the car.

2) Reasonably quick boot-up.

3) Homelink, ideally geofenced, but one button at a minimum.

4) Stream audio (music, Audible) from phone.

5) Scheduled home charging.

From the comments, it appears the answer is yes on (4), no on (2) and (5) and partially on (1) and (3). Lock/unlock is reliable if you use the fob manually, but walk-up detection is not reliable and unlocking from inside after the car goes to sleep is problematic. Homelink works, but does not automatically open/close like Tesla and can require multiple button pushes due to screen conflicts with backup camera.

Is this accurate? If so, Lucid has some work to do to give the Air capabilities expected in an EV at any price level.

Thank you current owners! The lists of what does and doesn’t work are really valuable, to Lucid and to reservation holders.

I’m trying to sort through the different experiences to determine how much of my “must have” list is solidly functional. The sheer length of the wish list suggests it may be a long time before many of the “nice to have” capabilities are available. I wouldn’t be surprised if DreamDrive and CarPlay are years away. But I think the following are essential right from the start:

From the comments, it appears the answer is yes on (4), no on (2) and (5) and partially on (1) and (3). Lock/unlock is reliable if you use the fob manually, but walk-up detection is not reliable and unlocking from inside after the car goes to sleep is problematic. Homelink works, but does not automatically open/close like Tesla and can require multiple button pushes due to screen conflicts with backup camera.

Is this accurate? If so, Lucid has some work to do to give the Air capabilities expected in an EV at any price level.
For me personally

1,2,4 I have no problem with. I keep thinking of boot times and the speed at which I can unlock get in and drive has never bothered me. Its as quick as any other car I have including ICE cars. But I think it's fully dependent on your personal routine.

Proximity lock unlocks the car as I put shoes on in the garage. Open the door, push the brake to "signal the car to fully wake and load", put6 my seat belt on, grab my phone and put in the charger, open the gate, and by the time I put the car in reverse its either fully loaded but if not, the backup camera works.

Homelink is functional if not great

Schedule charging is absent.

For me personally

1,2,4 I have no problem with. I keep thinking of boot times and the speed at which I can unlock get in and drive has never bothered me. Its as quick as any other car I have including ICE cars. But I think it's fully dependent on your personal routine.

Proximity lock unlocks the car as I put shoes on in the garage. Open the door, push the brake to "signal the car to fully wake and load", put6 my seat belt on, grab my phone and put in the charger, open the gate, and by the time I put the car in reverse its either fully loaded but if not, the backup camera works.

Homelink is functional if not great

Schedule charging is absent.
Shoes? Because proximity detection is slow, so if you’re close to the car for long enough to put on your shoes it will detect you? But that won’t work in a parking lot where you just walk up, will it?

Only 2 days in …
  1. worked every time via proximity.
    • though when I’m inside and have driven the car locks, so if you pick wants to get in I have to press the unlock button (even if they push the outside handle in - but maybe they weren’t pressing hard enough)
  2. I was in and out of the car today; costco, starbucks, drop kid off, pick kid up, chat with parents etc. there were two occasions where I was ready to go, reversing, and the surround camera wasn’t ready (but the rear view was every time)
  3. that has worked every time for me (I only have 1 garage door). The option to press the homelink appears automatically as I drive up - so the geofence has worked perfectly every time.
  4. Bluetooth works fine
  5. no charger at home so n/a

Only 2 days in …
  1. worked every time via proximity.
    • though when I’m inside and have driven the car locks, so if you pick wants to get in I have to press the unlock button (even if they push the outside handle in - but maybe they weren’t pressing hard enough)
  2. I was in and out of the car today; costco, starbucks, drop kid off, pick kid up, chat with parents etc. there were two occasions where I was ready to go, reversing, and the surround camera wasn’t ready (but the rear view was every time)
  3. that has worked every time for me (I only have 1 garage door). The option to press the homelink appears automatically as I drive up - so the geofence has worked perfectly every time.
  4. Bluetooth works fine
  5. no charger at home so n/a
The car will not unlock from someone pushing the handle in if someone is inside with doors locked. I'm fairly certain that is a safety feature and makes sense for it to be that way =)

Shoes? Because proximity detection is slow, so if you’re close to the car for long enough to put on your shoes it will detect you? But that won’t work in a parking lot where you just walk up, will it?
Yea, we keep all our shoes in the garage and do not wear them inside the house

Homelink question:

How many are the most Homelink devices you have successfully connected to the car?

I’ve just added 8 devices today, for my in-laws new home (3 doors plus one gate on 2 seperate profiles), and now on my husbands profile our personal garage (a single door) doesn’t work anymore.

I’m going to try on my profile shortly.

Edit: tried my profile and that also refuses to work. Fun!

Last edited:
Homelink question:

How many are the most Homelink devices you have successfully connected to the car?

I’ve just added 8 devices today, for my in-laws new home (3 doors plus one gate on 2 seperate profiles), and now on my husbands profile our personal garage (a single door) doesn’t work anymore.

I’m going to try on my profile shortly.
15 I believe is what they said, probably 15 per profile

Having problem with bootup Time. Get in car all screens are on top And bottom ( steering wheel adjustment,HVAC and etc) press brake top camera in reverse comes on. Lower unit in death spiral black. Put into drive front camera does not activate until death spiral stops. Who else is experiencing this

Having problem with bootup Time. Get in car all screens are on top And bottom ( steering wheel adjustment,HVAC and etc) press brake top camera in reverse comes on. Lower unit in death spiral black. Put into drive front camera does not activate until death spiral stops. Who else is experiencing this
I'm pretty sure the only camera that is independent of all other cameras is the backup camera. Everything else requires the full ADAS system to be booted up which we all know already takes a while longer (30 seconds or so) compared to almost instant for the backup camera.

I'm pretty sure the only camera that is independent of all other cameras is the backup camera. Everything else requires the full ADAS system to be booted up which we all know already takes a while longer (30 seconds or so) compared to almost instant for the backup camera.
I agree and understand that. But my issue is that the backup camera works fine when in reverse. Once placed in drive it blacks out and does not go to front camera mode until the bootup stops the death spiral and comes on. Looking to hear who else has this idiosyncratic behavior

I agree and understand that. But my issue is that the backup camera works fine when in reverse. Once placed in drive it blacks out and does not go to front camera mode until the bootup stops the death spiral and comes on. Looking to hear who else has this idiosyncratic behavior
Oh, I think it is in front camera mode, but since the other cameras haven't loaded yet, it's just a black screen. Unless I'm completely misunderstanding what is happening.

Oh, I think it is in front camera mode, but since the other cameras haven't loaded yet, it's just a black screen. Unless I'm completely misunderstanding what is happening.
Let me clarify. Car is in reverse with the dash camera providing a clear image in the rear. Then shift to D drive that rear view camera is out/black , lower IU is in the circle death spiral The front camera 🎥 won’t come on until UI shows birdseye view.

Let me clarify. Car is in reverse with the dash camera providing a clear image in the rear. Then shift to D drive that rear view camera is out/black , lower IU is in the circle death spiral The front camera 🎥 won’t come on until UI shows birdseye view.
Yep, okay. So what I BELIEVE is happening is that when you shift from R to D, the previous driver panel view shift from Rear Cam to Front Cam, EXCEPT the Front Cam is part of the remainder ADAS cameras. So it only turns on AFTER those ADAS cameras are done loading which is why it activates when the bird's eye view comes on as well. The Rear View/Backup Camera is on a separate system completely.

Yep, okay. So what I BELIEVE is happening is that when you shift from R to D, the previous driver panel view shift from Rear Cam to Front Cam, EXCEPT the Front Cam is part of the remainder ADAS cameras. So it only turns on AFTER those ADAS cameras are done loading which is why it activates when the bird's eye view comes on as well. The Rear View/Backup Camera is on a separate system completely.
In part I understand your explanation but previous software versions did not do this. I can not say exact version where this was not occurring I am guessing some where between 1.1.2-1.1.4. I am currently on 1.2.1. Frankly the boot up of the UI is terrible plus if what you are saying is the software design then it sucks. It should show the rear camera view in reverse and when shifted to drive the camera should show front view just like my amg gt, 488 and GL63. Even my wife’s Volvo does this. I can not believe this is endemic to EV vehicles. This is poor software coding with a lack of understanding what customers have been accustomed to.

Back