Software issues

I thought of the same problem today: Lucid picked up the car for service and originally I was going to leave them only a keycard. They said that would not be a problem for service, but they recommended that I also leave them the key fobs, in case they need to be reprogrammed. Also, after service they are dropping the car off at the PPF shop for me and I’m sure the people there would have a hard time with just a keycard.
Well, so much for a dinner date with valet parking. Will need to take my other car until this is worked out. :-(

I thought of the same problem today: Lucid picked up the car for service and originally I was going to leave them only a keycard. They said that would not be a problem for service, but they recommended that I also leave them the key fobs, in case they need to be reprogrammed. Also, after service they are dropping the car off at the PPF shop for me and I’m sure the people there would have a hard time with just a keycard.

Yeah, I'm not certain about this and curious. Have you tried asking customer support for clarification? One of us should, for sure. I handed over the keyfob to my PPF shop because I wasn't sure if the valet key would work or how.

Well, so much for a dinner date with valet parking. Will need to take my other car until this is worked out. :-(

Or just give them your keyfob and make sure your glovebox / trunk isn't packed full of all your jewelry? :)

Yeah, I'm not certain about this and curious. Have you tried asking customer support for clarification? One of us should, for sure. I handed over the keyfob to my PPF shop because I wasn't sure if the valet key would work or how.
Just received the car a few days ago and haven't interacted with customer support yet. Didn't receive a hard manual, so i'm reading through the digital version until I receive a manual.

Just received the car a few days ago and haven't interacted with customer support yet. Didn't receive a hard manual, so i'm reading through the digital version until I receive a manual.
I thought I didn't have a hard manual either, but they left a leather (made with the same car leather) goody bag in the frunk, which had the manual and some other items. Pictured below without the manual (it's in the car) and hang up air freshener (also in the car). The air freshener was very strong. I wound up putting in the arm rest console to reduce the strong smell:

IMG_1773.jpeg

I thought I didn't have a hard manual either, but they left a leather (made with the same car leather) goody bag in the frunk, which had the manual and some other items. Pictured below without the manual (it's in the car) and hang up air freshener (also in the car). The air freshener was very strong. I wound up putting in the arm rest console to reduce the strong smell:

View attachment 616
I got the same goody bag, but interestingly my manual (which is abridged and shortened as compared to the full online manual) was in the glovebox!

I emailed customer care to ask about the valet key. Will report back.

I emailed customer care to ask about the valet key. Will report back.
Same. Let's see if they have matching responses. Though, I wonder if all the other functions are locked besides drive if you or use valet key? Can anyone test or I'll test when I get car back from PPF

I got the same goody bag, but interestingly my manual (which is abridged and shortened as compared to the full online manual) was in the glovebox!
In my case, the techs told me they "ran out" of manuals. One is being sent to me.

In my case, the techs told me they "ran out" of manuals. One is being sent to me.
Seems like that would have the been the easy part to stock..."Bob, how many of these things do you think we need to print?" "I dunno maybe roughly 520" "That seems like too many. Let's start with 437 and see if we get any more orders." "Roger that."

Seems like that would have the been the easy part to stock..."Bob, how many of these things do you think we need to print?" "I dunno maybe roughly 520" "That seems like too many. Let's start with 437 and see if we get any more orders." "Roger that."
I’m guessing the cars are not shipped with them and it’s stocked at the delivery center. Which is more of a logistic pia then it should be

Hello Matt,

In regards to the valet keycard currently, the PIN is needed to activate the vehicle to move, this is done in case there is ever loss or theft of the Valet key while not in the owner's possession.

This feature request is valid and will be forwarded to the appropriate team. Please feel free to continue giving valuable feedback, as we are always striving to innovate.

Hello Matt,

In regards to the valet keycard currently, the PIN is needed to activate the vehicle to move, this is done in case there is ever loss or theft of the Valet key while not in the owner's possession.

This feature request is valid and will be forwarded to the appropriate team. Please feel free to continue giving valuable feedback, as we are always striving to innovate.
I really want them to reply to something with "This feature request is garbage. We will be filing it in the trash bin"

I really want them to reply to something with "This feature request is garbage. We will be filing it in the trash bin"

“In regards to the valet keycard currently, the PIN is needed to activate the vehicle to move, this is done in case there is ever loss or theft of the Valet key while not in the owner's possession. In the situation where there is a shift change, I would suggest verbally telling the valet attendant the code upon requesting your vehicle, as you wouldn't want it written down and left unattended.

This feature request is valid and will be forwarded to the appropriate team. Please feel free to continue giving valuable feedback, as we are always striving to better the customer experience.”

“In regards to the valet keycard currently, the PIN is needed to activate the vehicle to move, this is done in case there is ever loss or theft of the Valet key while not in the owner's possession. In the situation where there is a shift change, I would suggest verbally telling the valet attendant the code upon requesting your vehicle, as you wouldn't want it written down and left unattended.

This feature request is valid and will be forwarded to the appropriate team. Please feel free to continue giving valuable feedback, as we are always striving to better the customer experience.”
“In regards to the valet keycard currently, the PIN is needed to activate the vehicle to move, this is done in case there is ever loss or theft of the Valet key while not in the owner's possession."

This is ridiculous and really underscores a lack of understanding of the question -- why does the valet driver need access to the driver/owner's profile just to park and retrieve the car??? Once the PIN is provided, access to the entire vehicle is granted. Am I missing something here? Otherwise, why bother with the valet card at all?

Their answer is very, very disturbing and concerning to me. WOW.

“In regards to the valet keycard currently, the PIN is needed to activate the vehicle to move, this is done in case there is ever loss or theft of the Valet key while not in the owner's possession."

This is ridiculous and really underscores a lack of understanding of the question -- why does the valet driver need access to the driver/owner's profile just to park and retrieve the car??? Once the PIN is provided, access to the entire vehicle is granted. Am I missing something here? Otherwise, why bother with the valet card at all?

I just asked this clarifying question: “To be clear, this is the owner’s pin, right? Wouldn’t that give valet access to the entire car, including the glovebox and trunk/frunk? Or can I somehow set a separate valet pin?”

Yea that was my question, if you are ONLY using the valet card to drive, does it lock user profiles and other stuff? I can't test it until tomorrow. If it does, then that's okay and I understand PIN to drive. Though, there should be some setting to add a valet PIN or something.

Stek DynoShield for the body, XPEL Stealth for the matte parts (there’s only a few), and cquartz Finest reserve on the painted surfaces and wheels/calipers. FlyByForte for the glass. Car Pro Dlux trim coating on the plastic trim around the car. CQuartz leather and fabric on the leather.
@borski or anyone else, how did the CQuartz for the leather and fabric come out? I’d like to leave my carpets exposed given how nice they look. The car will not see winter weather. Thanks.

@borski or anyone else, how did the CQuartz for the leather and fabric come out? I’d like to leave my carpets exposed given how nice they look. The car will not see winter weather. Thanks.
Came out great. It still gets messy with rain, but cleans up fast.

Back