Software Bugs

Bugs you have experienced

• Total voters
Parked logo reset work but apple car play isn’t cnnnectin now

I was told that the blinker reset is better than the logo reset. The logo didn’t fix my steering wheel button issues. The tech came and did the blinker reset and so far the issue seems resolved.

I was told that the blinker reset is better than the logo reset. The logo didn’t fix my steering wheel button issues. The tech came and did the blinker reset and so far the issue seems resolved.
There was really no such thing as a blinker reset. Basically what you’re doing is allowing the car to shut down and reboot. The blinker is just used as a timer to indicate that it has indeed shut down. For more information on resets, please visit www.lucidupdates.com in the FAQ section.

Valet reset is faster.
Exit vehicle, put valet card against b pillar, car goes to sleep.
Wait 10 seconds (or until fans and car is silent), then put valet card to window to wake it up.

Done

Valet reset is faster.
Exit vehicle, put valet card against b pillar, car goes to sleep.
Wait 10 seconds (or until fans and car is silent), then put valet card to window to wake it up.

Done
Same as blinker but disables proximity sensing so it won't unlock from the fob/mobile key.

Same as blinker but disables proximity sensing so it won't unlock from the fob/mobile key.
How long is proximity sensing disabled for in this case? My mobile proximity key has not been working for a few days now even after restarting my phone (which has fixed the problem in the past).

a couple days ago the mobile key didn't work (which happens occasionally) so I used the card key for that drive. Usually I'll restart my phone later and the next time I go back to the car the mobile key works fine again, but that hasn't been the case this time.

How long is proximity sensing disabled for in this case? My mobile proximity key has not been working for a few days now even after restarting my phone (which has fixed the problem in the past).

a couple days ago the mobile key didn't work (which happens occasionally) so I used the card key for that drive. Usually I'll restart my phone later and the next time I go back to the car the mobile key works fine again, but that hasn't been the case this time.
In this instance, I suggest you delete the mobile key from the phone and from the car, and start completely over. From the phone bluetooth, delete the item that's called "Lucid-xxxxx", not "Lucid Air xxx."

IMG_4850 Medium.jpeg

That's exactly why I like the valet reset because it disables the proximity sensor to the key. So it's just a quick 10 second hard reset that I can do very quickly, even in rainy or bad weather conditions like when I was in the middle of a blizzard in Colorado last November.
Lifesaver

In this instance, I suggest you delete the mobile key from the phone and from the car, and start completely over. From the phone bluetooth, delete the item that's called "Lucid-xxxxx", not "Lucid Air xxx."

View attachment 14488
Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

Oddly enough when I check my phone Bluetooth list (its an Android if that makes a difference) it does not show Lucid-XXXXX but only the Lucid Air XXX (I'm assuming that latter is for media/calls). In the Lucid app I do see Lucid-XXXXX under the mobile key menu though. I guess it not being in my phone's Bluetooth list now, explains why its not working as a key anymore, but not sure how it got deleted in the first place seemingly randomly.

Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

Oddly enough when I check my phone Bluetooth list (its an Android if that makes a difference) it does not show Lucid-XXXXX but only the Lucid Air XXX (I'm assuming that latter is for media/calls). In the Lucid app I do see Lucid-XXXXX under the mobile key menu though. I guess it not being in my phone's Bluetooth list now, explains why its not working as a key anymore, but not sure how it got deleted in the first place seemingly randomly.
I’m glad we have found the problem!

“Really dangerous bug” is hyperbole.
To some, yes. But there are drivers like me that audible cross traffic warnings, backing up, parking, lane change, turn signals, etc are faster than visual. When I hear an audible alarm, my attention and reactions go 100% versus visual warnings if I'm not looking at a specific screen for those warnings. I want this fixed because it happens about once a week for me now whereas it was previously about once a month. I know logo reset fixes this, and I do it everytime but this has to be a software problem and they should have enough info from my car how often and when/why it happens.

This is why I always use the fob

Here is a bug I can’t even get the mobile app to ever wake up the car consistently …

IMG_1008.png

Never reset my phone I just got ios17 Apple is bullet proof
I've been using iOS 17 since it was first released in beta. No software is bulletproof, although Apple does a nice job on their operating systems.

I didn't go through the whole thread, but I have seen an issue noted in other posts - the car did not automatically lock after walking away. This has only happened once, last week. Several colleagues told me that my car headlights were on. I opened the app and sure enough, it was unlocked. So I locked it but after locking, the app seemed to freeze. Force closing and reopening the app showed it was locked but at that point, I walked back out to the parking structure to make sure...
Do you think that there should be a notification when the doors lock? A short horn beep, a notification to your phone or something else?

Back