So…How’s Dream Drive Pro doing lately?

I wonder if these autonomous systems are developed in-house or are bought (licensed) from other companies who specialize in it. If it's developed in-house, I have low confidence Lucid will get it right given how small a manufacturer it is.

I wonder if these autonomous systems are developed in-house or are bought (licensed) from other companies who specialize in it. If it's developed in-house, I have low confidence Lucid will get it right given how small a manufacturer it is.
Lucid is using data from NVidia, which is training models on several brands at once.

But any manufacturer still has to take that data and decide what to do with it. There’s no such thing as “plug and play” with ADAS.

Here is the Lucid "press release" talking about this. You can also search the NVIDIA site for more information about the hardware and software they provide:

Does anyone' Dream Drive Pro /Highway Assist screen look like this? (From Lucid Website) My screen just shows one lane with car in front of me.
Screenshot_20231118_173657_Chrome.jpg

Does anyone' Dream Drive Pro /Highway Assist screen look like this? (From Lucid Website) My screen just shows one lane with car in front of me. View attachment 16584
It kicks in when your car has 65,000 miles. That car has 69,900 so it's already enabled. You should see it by the time you're car hits 65,000 miles.

The demo software in Gravity showed a similar scene. This is definitely a “We’ll get there eventually” type of thing.

It kicks in when your car has 65,000 miles. That car has 69,900 so it's already enabled. You should see it by the time you're car hits 65,000 miles.
Wait, what?

(hope i didnt miss the joke but it did sound somewhat serious)

Does anyone' Dream Drive Pro /Highway Assist screen look like this? (From Lucid Website) My screen just shows one lane with car in front of me. View attachment 16584

Yeaahhhh….this is aspirational. Lucid only wishes they could display all that stuff in our instrument cluster a la Tesla. More than improved graphics I would wish for Lucid to make some start on giving us “Lucid Dashcam”. Our cars are just bristling with hardware, far mor hardware than our Teslas ever came with. It’s a shame that none of it is being used to provide a feature that many of us would actually need.

Twice my Tesla DashCam has cleared me of fault, and found the the other motorist 100% at fault. But it took my submitting my Tesla DashCam video clips to make that happen.

I am convinced that the semi autonomous features are not going to be released until Lucid is on much stronger financial footing as they likely cannot afford a significant PR disaster if there are real safety problems.....

I am convinced that the semi autonomous features are not going to be released until Lucid is on much stronger financial footing as they likely cannot afford a significant PR disaster if there are real safety problems.....
What?

I have met many from the software team. They are working hard on DDP but unwilling to sacrifice safety like other manufacturers have. Good things to come.

I have met many from the software team. They are working hard on DDP but unwilling to sacrifice safety like other manufacturers have. Good things to come.
Good to hear that they are actively working!

Back