Slow charging at 350 Lincolnwood charger.

Mmauer

Why does my Lucid Air charge so slow at an Electrify America 350 kw charger? I preconditioned the battery for about 10 minutes before I plugged in. The charging rate was initially charging at about 175 kw but then slowly dropped down over the past 20 minutes down to 14 kw.

Why does my Lucid Air charge so slow at an Electrify America 350 kw charger? I preconditioned the battery for about 10 minutes before I plugged in. The charging rate was initially charging at about 175 kw but then slowly dropped down over the past 20 minutes down to 14 kw.
What’s your State of Charge (SoC)?

I tried that location once a while back and one unit was coming apart (screws pulled out of the plug) and the one I used was quite slow

What’s your State of Charge (SoC)?
About 40%.

About 40%.
IMG_4450.jpeg

That’s pretty much right in line with the charging curve. If you’d preconditioned for 20-30 minutes I bet you’d have gotten full speed (which would be 200kW or so, depending on the exact SoC).

If you were at about 47% then 175kW would be the max you’d hope for.

Back