SiriusXM Megathread

Just hope I can transfer my device to Lucid.
I canceled my Sirus subscription for $260 a year and got the mobile version for $60 for the first year then $11 a year afterward. It is very to stream through Lucid BT from my iPhone. The signal from Sirius GPS is faulty in the hills in MA, HN, and VT where I drive mostly due to shadows from surrounding hills anyway. Those sectors usually have a sufficiently strong mobile signal to listen to Sirius even if GPS cannot acquire a signal.

I canceled my Sirus subscription for $260 a year and got the mobile version for $60 for the first year then $11 a year afterward. It is very to stream through Lucid BT from my iPhone. The signal from Sirius GPS is faulty in the hills in MA, HN, and VT where I drive mostly due to shadows from surrounding hills anyway. Those sectors usually have a sufficiently strong mobile signal to listen to Sirius even if GPS cannot acquire a signal.
In garage basement, I can get cellular, but not GPS. I use same solution you did after UX2.0 made BlueTooth fault-free connection. I connected to my iPhone to use SiriusXM app to listen to Astros World Series game while on the road. Then I’ve learned Tune-In has just as good ESPN radio without paid subscription of SiriusXM. I started wondering how many channels in SiriusXM are also in Tune-In radio….

Indiana is so flat have opposite issue, great satellite and poor cellular
SiriusXM satellite coverage in Houston is much better than streaming via the AT&T cellular network.

SiriusXM satellite coverage in Houston is much better than streaming via the AT&T cellular network.
Yeah, but not under bridge underpath and inside buildings. AT&T in Katy area just sucks! I cannot stop complaining about them when I don’t get signal on my phone and my AGT. The only advantage of cellular is bigger 5G bandwidth for hi-def music and possible video down the road.

Yeah, but not under bridge underpath and inside buildings. AT&T in Katy area just sucks! I cannot stop complaining about them when I don’t get signal on my phone and my AGT. The only advantage of cellular is bigger 5G bandwidth for hi-def music and possible video down the road.
All true but I have much more trouble streaming music in the Lucid vs SiriusXM via satellite in our other cars. I use the SiriusXM app on my phone a lot but usually over Wi-Fi.

It would be nice if Lucid had a satellite receiver and could switch from it to cell based on which had a better signal.

All true but I have much more trouble streaming music in the Lucid vs SiriusXM via satellite in our other cars. I use the SiriusXM app on my phone a lot but usually over Wi-Fi.

It would be nice if Lucid had a satellite receiver and could switch from it to cell based on which had a better signal.
I travel all over the place and rarely had an issue with Sirius on my BMW’s or my Tesla via Satellite. Maybe for a brief second, but that is does not happen very often.

Wish Lucid came with Satellite version. Once CarPlay is added you would have the ability to add the app that way too, but the app is not as good as having Satellite. Still better than doing straight from your phone and having to look at your phone to change channels though.

Nice !!! What’s next , CarPlay 😆😆???

Yep. It's about time!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221125-131109.png
    Screenshot_20221125-131109.png
    428.9 KB · Views: 82
I read in the update notes that this is only beta launch and next year we will have the GA update. Do we need Sirius subscription to use this beta or is it available with service?

It’s really a shame that they don’t have SiriusXM in the audio selection.
FYI: The OTA Software update 2.0 UX .33 has the SiriusXM beta app included. I just downloaded it today and it works great so far😀. The beta app is free for now, but will require a subscription in the future.

I just updated to 2.0.33 tonight and started playing with the app. A little weird that the steering wheel forward/back buttons do not switch to your next favorite channel but rather go to live or the beginning of track. It seems like switching to the next station on your list requires touching the screen. Am I missing something?

Back