SiriusXM Megathread

Sirius will eventually fall into what happened to Cable TV. It’s just a slow death! They have 300 channels of crap and only 5 to 10 that people probably listen to but you pay a premium to get those 5 to 10 you want.

I guess its only real advantage is the coverage because TuneIn can easily replace Sirius and is cheaper. I find the “variety” of music is each station choosing 20 songs, adding to a playlist and then repeat it all day.

Maybe it’s better for sports etc. which I don’t listen to but from a music standpoint I don’t miss Sirius as much as I thought. TuneIn has filled that gap for me.
And in my garage, I cannot get SiriusXM signal, but I can get cellular signal.

Thanks, I look forward to seeing the pics
Here are the pics of the install. I ended up doing 2 things.
First I ran an extension cigarette cable from the trunk, through the cabin, to the front, by the passenger side of the center console.
aAhtkgam.jpg
piRWw0em.jpg
44CMeyom.jpg

I pulled the back seat cushion up to hide the wire and keep it pretty clean. And to make sure it didn't catch if the seat was lowered. You can see the wire at the top of the image. You can also see the battery in the cabin. That is the one that is connected to the rear rear well for jumping.
dfMTZ6Bm.jpg
496TNeym.jpg
2d4czLQm.jpg

I ran the extension cable along the other cable and secured it. Then ran it under the mats to the front passenger area. I didn't feel like fishing the line under the carpeting.

Then I started working on the antenna. For now, its placed in the back under the passenger moonroof until I find a better position. The Red line is the course of the cabling, not the cable itself. The cable it black.
VyRUvQ2m.jpg
stbmQ0Vm.jpg
CQwgQBNm.jpg
wbHl8Nfm.jpg

I removed the side trim by removing the 2 10mm nuts holding that piece in place. Then I tucked the wire under the trim with tools shown up to the front, under the glovebox, to the cigarette adapter.
T0mGyELm.jpg
WjThrEbm.jpg
IrW9QcNm.jpg
Z3vkVkBm.jpg
mLSBIcJm.jpg
BV9txzPm.jpg
VUlTyGQm.jpg
oENDU6mm.jpg

Initially I wasn't getting good signal from the antenna, but then I realized I had pointed it the wrong way. For now the antenna position has been working out well. I'm probably going to 3d print a piece to position the antenna more discreetly. I was just testing positions for now.

Hope that helps.
I can start a new thread with this if it will help others.

Here are the pics of the install. I ended up doing 2 things.
First I ran an extension cigarette cable from the trunk, through the cabin, to the front, by the passenger side of the center console.
aAhtkgam.jpg
piRWw0em.jpg
44CMeyom.jpg

I pulled the back seat cushion up to hide the wire and keep it pretty clean. And to make sure it didn't catch if the seat was lowered. You can see the wire at the top of the image. You can also see the battery in the cabin. That is the one that is connected to the rear rear well for jumping.
dfMTZ6Bm.jpg
496TNeym.jpg
2d4czLQm.jpg

I ran the extension cable along the other cable and secured it. Then ran it under the mats to the front passenger area. I didn't feel like fishing the line under the carpeting.

Then I started working on the antenna. For now, its placed in the back under the passenger moonroof until I find a better position. The Red line is the course of the cabling, not the cable itself. The cable it black.
VyRUvQ2m.jpg
stbmQ0Vm.jpg
CQwgQBNm.jpg
wbHl8Nfm.jpg

I removed the side trim by removing the 2 10mm nuts holding that piece in place. Then I tucked the wire under the trim with tools shown up to the front, under the glovebox, to the cigarette adapter.
T0mGyELm.jpg
WjThrEbm.jpg
IrW9QcNm.jpg
Z3vkVkBm.jpg
mLSBIcJm.jpg
BV9txzPm.jpg
VUlTyGQm.jpg
oENDU6mm.jpg

Initially I wasn't getting good signal from the antenna, but then I realized I had pointed it the wrong way. For now the antenna position has been working out well. I'm probably going to 3d print a piece to position the antenna more discreetly. I was just testing positions for now.

Hope that helps.
I can start a new thread with this if it will help others.
You did some extensive cabling there for the power! I think it would be easier to tap into the fuses under the glovebox.

You did some extensive cabling there for the power! I think it would be easier to tap into the fuses under the glovebox.
That cable run was easy. You're right, I could have kept the adapter in the trunk and run the antenna wire to it in the back. But I was under the impression that the adapter had to be the power source for the Roady display and didn't think that the tuner would work as intended if I powered the Roady from a separate power source like the usb plugs or from the fuse box.

I'm tapping the fuse box under the glove box for my radar detector. Already ran that wire. Just working on getting the detector mounted with something like a blend mount. The mirror stern doesn't leave much wiggle room though

GPS (Global Positioning System) antenna is for navigation, SXM uses a different antenna that is specific for SXM‘s geosynchronous satellites.
I should have known, but so far my experience with my Lucid nav in two weeks has not been great. I trust that the OTA update will improve relaibility and accuracy.

I should have known, but so far my experience with my Lucid nav in two weeks has not been great. I trust that the OTA update will improve relaibility and accuracy.
Funny, my navigation has worked as designed. That said, I’m not in love with the interface.

Funny, my navigation has worked as designed. That said, I’m not in love with the interface.
Well, it unexpectedly rerouted me on a 110-mile return trip the other day. My outbound trip routing was great, and I assumed that it would take me home the same way. Also, I could not add a stopover for an EA station about 10 miles from my planned return route on an interstate. CS advised me to use my iPhone for navigation. Further, it does not have labeled destinations, like a named trailhead destination recently that I easily found in Google Maps.

Don’t get me wrong, the content on SiriusXM is good, but the sound quality has always been horrible. What is already a fairly low bit rate stream is further compressed to send via satellite. On a high-quality sound system like that found in the Lucid, you would be constantly complaining of the quality. Yes, you do lose the ability to listen to satellite radio while driving through the desert, but the sound quality is gonna be a lot better when you’re connected through the app.

Also, in my opinion, SiriusXM is entirely obsolete… At least for me, it has been for a decade.

Either way, we should applaud Lucid for already adding a new feature… I hope radio Paradise is next.
Not even close to obsolete, especially for people like my wife and I that travel a lot and to a lot of remote destinations where streaming is not possible. We both love listening to live sports and talk radio and Sirius can not be beat for that use case and keeping continuity when traveling. My wife only listens to Sirius talk radio.

I can see why obsolete for people that don’t travel or who only play music through stored media.

Streaming is so annoying, when you are on a trip and it goes in and out. Absolutely thrilled that Lucid is adding this and hope they add hardware based Sirius by the time the Touring/Pures are released. Great move! 🙂

Not even close to obsolete, especially for people like my wife and I that travel a lot and to a lot of remote destinations where streaming is not possible. We both love listening to live sports and talk radio and Sirius can not be beat for that use case and keeping continuity when traveling. My wife only listens to Sirius talk radio.

I can see why obsolete for people that don’t travel or who only play music through stored media.

Streaming is so annoying, when you are on a trip and it goes in and out. Absolutely thrilled that Lucid is adding this and hope they add hardware based Sirius by the time the Touring/Pures are released. Great move! 🙂
Live content is the one argument for Sirius, just as it is for Cable TV. Otherwise, podcasts are free and offer millions of hours of entertainment. And apps can be set to auto download them as they are released, so no need to stream.

But yeah, if you like live, there's nothing else quite like Sirius, I guess. Personally, I'm happy to wait until the next day to listen to just about anything.

Live content is the one argument for Sirius, just as it is for Cable TV. Otherwise, podcasts are free and offer millions of hours of entertainment. And apps can be set to auto download them as they are released, so no need to stream.

But yeah, if you like live, there's nothing else quite like Sirius, I guess. Personally, I'm happy to wait until the next day to listen to just about anything.
Yep - if you are Into sports like I am, nothing can beat Sirius when traveling or into talk radio in my wife, nothing can beat Sirius either. Just excited Lucid is adding this. Great move! Now for a media person like me, you have FM, AM (Tesla does not have and again great for sports/talk), Sirius and hopefully soon CarPlay. Big advantage to me to Lucid compared to Tesla.

Hoping Lucid also has presets/favorites, scanning through favorites/presets and larger album art, like most good media interfaces and are not like Tesla horrible media interface. Tesla interface is just embarrassing and worse than some entry level car.

Well, it unexpectedly rerouted me on a 110-mile return trip the other day. My outbound trip routing was great, and I assumed that it would take me home the same way. Also, I could not add a stopover for an EA station about 10 miles from my planned return route on an interstate. CS advised me to use my iPhone for navigation. Further, it does not have labeled destinations, like a named trailhead destination recently that I easily found in Google Maps.
Did you check traffic conditions on your "expected" route? What I've seen is it behaves like google maps in that it chooses the route that will be fastest even if it's several miles longer and only saves you a couple of minutes. I know that early on, you had to add destinations in order, meaning waypoints had to be input before the final destination. I think I read that with the latest releases, you can add waypoints after the final destination.

I'm tapping the fuse box under the glove box for my radar detector. Already ran that wire. Just working on getting the detector mounted with something like a blend mount. The mirror stern doesn't leave much wiggle room though
Somewhat unrelated, but what did you use for the ground (negative) source? Extending the fuse will give you 12V, but where did you tap in to get the ground?

Agreed, however I'd be more likely to be zipping along at 80-85 mph on a remote highway where quality won't matter vs. stuck in traffic where cell is good.

I drove from Yosemite to Death Valley (StovePipe Wells) to Grand Canyon. Satellite is perfect for that.
Completely agree, especially in the western half of the USA, where cell is non-existent on many state highways begging for a road trip off the beaten path, that might include 2 lane, curvy roads where driving fun is to be had. Having said all of that, I'm downloading lots of tracks to my iPhone off of Tidal. Sort of like zipping around on remote desert highways in my '78 Pontiac Firebird with the cassette player playing full volume, T-tops removed of course. Those were the days.

Completely agree. SiriusXM is not known for music quality, but more than makes up for that with a wide variety of channels and genres to choose from, especially appreciated in remote locations.

If true that SiriusXM is coming ,I am devastated. This means I will have to listen to my wife favorite Country Music when its her turn to drive.
This is why noise cancelling headphones were invented.

If true that SiriusXM is coming ,I am devastated. This means I will have to listen to my wife favorite Country Music when its her turn to drive.
I guess you are just going to have to soldier on and drive the full 500 miles yourself. I have a similar problem with my wife’s reggaeton.

Bleepin’ hilarious!!!😂😂😂

Back