SiriusXM Megathread

I just updated to 2.0.33 tonight and started playing with the app. A little weird that the steering wheel forward/back buttons do not switch to your next favorite channel but rather go to live or the beginning of track. It seems like switching to the next station on your list requires touching the screen. Am I missing something?
They said SiriiusXM is in Beta version, so it’s not fully baked yet. But Lucid pushes out OTA fast now to please owners.

Just tried Sirius XM streaming in the Lucid. It sounds terrible compare with Tidal. Like AM compared with FM. Does this make sense?
Yes, Sirius is highly compressed to fit a lot of channels into a small bandwidth. IMO it's suitable for voice but not music.

I just updated to 2.0.33 tonight and started playing with the app. A little weird that the steering wheel forward/back buttons do not switch to your next favorite channel but rather go to live or the beginning of track. It seems like switching to the next station on your list requires touching the screen. Am I missing something?

This is how it worked in my Toyota. Up and down changed the channel, which is volume in this car.

Yes, Sirius is highly compressed to fit a lot of channels into a small bandwidth. IMO it's suitable for voice but not music.
This is true for the Satellite version of XM radio. The current Lucid version is internet based and should be similar to listening on your Phone or web browser. It should not be any worse than, for example, Spotify. They also include Pandora in the Lucid internet streaming version.

This is true for the Satellite version of XM radio. The current Lucid version is internet based and should be similar to listening on your Phone or web browser. It should not be any worse than, for example, Spotify. They also include Pandora in the Lucid internet streaming version.
Pandora is in Spotify or is coming to Lucid Air?
It’s nice to see more and more options.

Pandora is in Spotify or is coming to Lucid Air?
It’s nice to see more and more options.
Pandora is part of the internet XM version (XM app). In the Lucid 2.0.33 release notes, it states that you can create Pandora stations, although I have not tried it yet. Pandora was purchased by XM some time ago.

Pandora is part of the internet XM version (XM app). In the Lucid 2.0.33 release notes, it states that you can create Pandora stations, although I have not tried it yet. Pandora was purchased by XM some time ago.
🤣 I did not know that. I have both SXM and Pandora accounts. It would save me time to have all my favorite Pandora channels created over the years.

Just tried Sirius XM streaming in the Lucid. It sounds terrible compare with Tidal. Like AM compared with FM. Does this make sense?
Makes sense. I canceled my Sirius subscription In my Jag because the compressed sound quality (to jam in more channels) was so bad that even the voice channels were grating.

🤣 I did not know that. I have both SXM and Pandora accounts. It would save me time to have all my favorite Pandora channels created over the years.
I found it easy to add Pandora channels. Just search on the app on the pilot panel.

It’s really a shame that they don’t have SiriusXM in the audio selection.
XM is about road trips where the stations don't change as you drive long distances. I listened to SiriusXM in my DE after connecting to my iPhone via bluetooth (why it took 5 tries in various places to connect to my phone I don't know). But such streaming requires cellular and internet, which are problematic when you drive across unoccupied deserts and mountains. This is one of many reasons that we turned our DE back in.

@Firstto520 Loving the SiriusXM. Thanks. Here’s some suggestions as it matures:

Since I and many will spend the most time on the favorites menu many of these items are related to that menu
1. When on Favorites menu, the Sirius item in the top bar is not amber but should be.
2. Favorites should be viewable as icons as are many other menus on audio.
3. Ideally, we’d be able to re-organize the icons or line items in favorites. At the very least, be able to “sticky” items to draw them to the top.
4. The item in the favorites list that is currently playing should be highlighted in amber as in other menus.
5. Favorites should be listed in the main menu alongside For You, Categories, and My Collection.
6. There should be a left arrow next to the Favorites title in the menu to go back to the very top menu. Currently the only way to get there is to use the very top SiriusXM icon as a toggle between Favorites and everything else.
7. Going in and out of the favorites menu should not cause the very top menu bar to move around. Static positions of the icons is important while driving.
8. As more and more music platforms are added to the car, on the very top bar of the pilot panel only show the items that are “signed in.” No need to see an option that only lead to a sign-in menu in settings.

Again, thanks for the SiriusXM. I’m thrilled to have it as an audio option.

XM is about road trips where the stations don't change as you drive long distances. I listened to SiriusXM in my DE after connecting to my iPhone via bluetooth (why it took 5 tries in various places to connect to my phone I don't know). But such streaming requires cellular and internet, which are problematic when you drive across unoccupied deserts and mountains. This is one of many reasons that we turned our DE back in.
Did you turn it in pre- or post- the 2.0 software? It’s worlds better.

@Firstto520 Loving the SiriusXM. Thanks. Here’s some suggestions as it matures:

Since I and many will spend the most time on the favorites menu many of these items are related to that menu
1. When on Favorites menu, the Sirius item in the top bar is not amber but should be.
2. Favorites should be viewable as icons as are many other menus on audio.
3. Ideally, we’d be able to re-organize the icons or line items in favorites. At the very least, be able to “sticky” items to draw them to the top.
4. The item in the favorites list that is currently playing should be highlighted in amber as in other menus.
5. Favorites should be listed in the main menu alongside For You, Categories, and My Collection.
6. There should be a left arrow next to the Favorites title in the menu to go back to the very top menu. Currently the only way to get there is to use the very top SiriusXM icon as a toggle between Favorites and everything else.
7. Going in and out of the favorites menu should not cause the very top menu bar to move around. Static positions of the icons is important while driving.
8. As more and more music platforms are added to the car, on the very top bar of the pilot panel only show the items that are “signed in.” No need to see an option that only lead to a sign-in menu in settings.

Again, thanks for the SiriusXM. I’m thrilled to have it as an audio option.
If I could add… it would be good to have the “next” option forward to your next Favorite within the terrestrial radio as well. Today, it only seeks to the next frequency. Next preset or favorite would be a desired function. Thank you!

... Static positions of the icons is important while driving. ...
This can not be under emphasized, and would change "important" to "critical"... this is true for the ENTIRE UI! This is also related to the problems with the current wiper settings (where you have no "anchor point" to use to find the "buttons" other than to use your eyes... which means your eyes are not on the road... which is the whole point of needing the wipers in the first place). This is why all KEY driving controls must be PHISICAL, not some nebulous "button" (area) on a touch screen.

This can not be under emphasized, and would change "important" to "critical"... this is true for the ENTIRE UI! This is also related to the problems with the current wiper settings (where you have no "anchor point" to use to find the "buttons" other than to use your eyes... which means your eyes are not on the road... which is the whole point of needing the wipers in the first place). This is why all KEY driving controls must be PHISICAL, not some nebulous "button" (area) on a touch screen.
Understood… each potential buyer has different priorities and needs, this is why a thorough review of features and a test drive is so important.

Understood… each potential buyer has different priorities and needs, this is why a thorough review of features and a test drive is so important.
It goes far beyond that... there is a basic set of functions that must be present and working for basic safe operation of the vehicle... this is why there is a steering wheel, turn signal switch, accelerator, brake pedal, etc... it is one thing to redefine these for specialty vehicles (bulldozers, etc), and quite another for any general purpose vehicle to be used on public roads... this is one of the things that make the Tesla line a complete disaster that should not be allowed on the roads and why it is appropriate that some drivers' testers are failing applicants that are making use of add on self driving features (as they are not demonstrating basic knowledge and ability to drive vehicles without these features).

Good point. I do struggle with this issue when driving the Air; however, with practice it has become less cumbersome.

It goes far beyond that... there is a basic set of functions that must be present and working for basic safe operation of the vehicle... this is why there is a steering wheel, turn signal switch, accelerator, brake pedal, etc... it is one thing to redefine these for specialty vehicles (bulldozers, etc), and quite another for any general purpose vehicle to be used on public roads... this is one of the things that make the Tesla line a complete disaster that should not be allowed on the roads and why it is appropriate that some drivers' testers are failing applicants that are making use of add on self driving features (as they are not demonstrating basic knowledge and ability to drive vehicles without these features).

I am glad that Lucid has provided a combination of physical controls and touch screen controls.. It seems to strike a pretty decent balance.
Then there is always the option of voice controls, but Alexa hates me, so we are in couples therapy trying to work it out.

I am glad that Lucid has provided a combination of physical controls and touch screen controls.. It seems to strike a pretty decent balance.
Then there is always the option of voice controls, but Alexa hates me, so we are in couples therapy trying to work it out.
I dislike Alexa, and the feeling is mutual... I also only want to use voice controls for things which are inherently voice related... i.e. (not e.g., but i.e.) phone calls... anything else has to deal with too many side issues: other sounds (both in & out of the vehicle) confusing it; it coming between me and my music; it getting commands wrong (NOT acceptable for critical driving functions); not getting commands executed in a timely fashion (no more than a second from start of operation to completion); not interrupting other conversation within the vehicle; <this list is not compete, but will do for here & now:>.

i have been using the XM service since yesterday. I have marked some music and news channels as favorites and i see them appearing in the list. But i think the service has the same issues as we had for the bluetooth connection music of initial days. XM doesn't play automatically when the car starts. I need to click on the favorite channels or go to music and select play for already played channel. I think these will be fixed in the next updates but i think the engineers should have previous use cases of other services having the same issues and test them for the new ones i guess. Probably we are their testers :)

Back