SiriusXM Megathread

this latest patch update on the data connection really seems to have been a big upgrade to the SXM app. I have significantly shorter connectivity gaps, when switching audio apps, I think we have something here! I have held back on mentioning his name, but I really want to give a huge shout out to Josh Hanberry of the Houston, TX Service Center, he has been so great to deal with!!!

If anyone from Lucid is reading this thread, it would be better (IMO) if the back/next buttons on the steering wheel cycled through XM stations rather than their current function. Personally, I change stations A LOT more than I fast forward or rewind the buffer (if that's the right term).

If anyone from Lucid is reading this thread, it would be better (IMO) if the back/next buttons on the steering wheel cycled through XM stations rather than their current function. Personally, I change stations A LOT more than I fast forward or rewind the buffer (if that's the right term).
Even better if they cycled through your favorites list.

I would pay extra if they offered to XM satellite hardware installed .
I felt the exact same way until CarPlay solved this problem for me. Around here, the Verizon signal is very strong and whatever the Lucid uses built in is not.

Well, I Siriusly ;) hope they get the ability to select and retain favorites sorted. I have been able to get Sirius lately (for the most part), but saving favorites just doesn't work, at least from one drive to the next. It's way too cumbersome to "surf" the channels while driving, so I tend to listen to one channel only.
I’ve just had my favorites wiped out for the first time. I’m not sure why. It was not associated with any updates

This weekend my favs also got wiped and would not restore with Bobby Reset. it's been quite a while since this has happened to me and I use SiriusXM regularly.

I’ve just had my favorites wiped out for the first time. I’m not sure why. It was not associated with any updates
Happens to me a lot.

Well now I got the service unavailable message from a few posts ago. I’ll try logging in and out
It seems to give up a little bit too easily when the connection gets weak and it forgets its favorites all too often. I use SiriusXM through CarPlay now and I’ve had zero issues. Of course, that requires a subscription. I have one in another car so I get the streaming version included.

Wondering if anyone experiences the following:

1) First time in the car after it's been sitting a while, Sirius XM play normally via CarPlay
2) Drive to Starbucks, walk inside (phone in pocket)
3) Return to car, Sirius starts playing via CarPlay for 1-2 seconds then stops

Every time I get back into my car after a brief stop, XM will play for just a second then stop. If I press play on my phone or on the CarPlay screen, it won't resume. To resolve, I switch Bluetooth on and off quickly on my phone. This fixes it 100% of the time.

Wondering if it's just me or I have something configured wrong. It's not a huge deal switching the Bluetooth on and off quickly, but would like to avoid if possible.

Just found this link ... 3 years for $99 ... pretty good deal. I may "activate" the app radio in my Lucid to get this deal. Still includes app streaming. Then switch it to the Rivian as they are implementing the same App/LTE implementation in early 2024 and use CarPlay only in the Lucid

https://care.siriusxm.com/subscribe...tm_source=Post-33_Sel-03-yr-for-099_USD-OV-SL

That’s a great deal! Thank you for sharing. You can also threaten to cancel at the end of the promotion and they will offer a better renewal. I used to do this with my last car.

That’s a great deal! Thank you for sharing. You can also threaten to cancel at the end of the promotion and they will offer a better renewal. I used to do this with my last car.
Yep .. Ive been doing that for 15+ years. I have streaming only for $5/mo, but this is a much better deal and includes a "radio"

Serious Sirius and Phone Issues

I am having a lot of Sirius/XM issues with my car (Pure).

1. Very often I have to was for it to try to Acquire a Signal. Usually it takes from 30-60 seconds, but sometimes it never succeeds until I leave the car and come back later.

2. If I am on the phone when it reacquires the signal, the radio comes on over the phone call and I cannot mute the radio.

3. Most of the time when I try to make a call, the person cannot hear me and I have to hang up and call them back. When I do this, they can then hear me.

Is anyone else having these persistent issues?

Just found this link ... 3 years for $99 ... pretty good deal. I may "activate" the app radio in my Lucid to get this deal. Still includes app streaming. Then switch it to the Rivian as they are implementing the same App/LTE implementation in early 2024 and use CarPlay only in the Lucid

https://care.siriusxm.com/subscribe...tm_source=Post-33_Sel-03-yr-for-099_USD-OV-SL
Tim, it would seem we don’t have a typical ‘radio ID’ in the Lucid. Even plugging in my license plate & state as an alternative, suggested in their offer, brought up an error message on their website. So I’m not sure how this 3 year deal would get activated. I would call, but I don’t have the inordinate patience required to deal with their reps today.

Tim, it would seem we don’t have a typical ‘radio ID’ in the Lucid. Even plugging in my license plate & state as an alternative, suggested in their offer, brought up an error message on their website. So I’m not sure how this 3 year deal would get activated. I would call, but I don’t have the inordinate patience required to deal with their reps today.
Whelp, I just tried and had to call. They wouldn't give me the promotion on the Air. May just have to wait and try again when the in vehicle trial ends. I currently use the app over CarPlay as well.

Back