SiriusXM Megathread

Sirius is working in my car, so I’m not convinced CS is giving you accurate information.
Agreed. Mine stopped working a few days ago on .47 and when updated to .48 it started working again.

Sounds like someone in CS just wanted to get them off the phone

I prefer the cell based version also. They just need to buffer the station more to compensate for areas where cell coverage drops in and out.
They’re already running 2 minutes behind the “live” satellite version, so I don’t know how much more buffering they can do.

They’re already running 2 minutes behind the “live” satellite version, so I don’t know how much more buffering they can do.
Server-side buffering isn’t what @HC_79 is referring to. The car should keep a longer buffer locally, so it would perhaps be 3 minutes behind but would be consistent.

It hasn’t worked for me for a while. I can get SiriusXM stations, at times, but it will not hold favorites and does not work consistently. I have all but stopped listening to SiriusXM.

My SXM has completely stopped working with .48. Have done both soft and Bobby resets, even sitting in my garage with strong wifi. I can't even log out of SXM. This is my screen.
IMG_0198.jpeg

My SXM has completely stopped working with .48. Have done both soft and Bobby resets, even sitting in my garage with strong wifi. I can't even log out of SXM. This is my screen.View attachment 9005
Do you get consistent enough cell coverage in SW CO? I'm between Denver and the Vail Valley---Steamboat--Grand County, etc and cell service drops constantly--one canyon to the next.

Did you try tapping that little left arrow next to Listeners, etc?

Do you get consistent enough cell coverage in SW CO? I'm between Denver and the Vail Valley---Steamboat--Grand County, etc and cell service drops constantly--one canyon to the next.
I'm wintering in Scottsdale

Hey everyone! I haven’t been able to get my Sirius XM to work for some time, even after the Bobby reset, and the soft reset of the OS, BUT I went into the settings of the pilot panel, applications, selected Sirius XM. I’m sure everyone has done those and seen the generic info listed there, HOWEVER you can scroll down and there is a button at the bottom that says “stop Sirius beta” select, it will prompt you that to hit confirm, once you do the button changes to “listen to Sirius XM beta” select that and it works!!!!

Hey everyone! I haven’t been able to get my Sirius XM to work for some time, even after the Bobby reset, and the soft reset of the OS, BUT I went into the settings of the pilot panel, applications, selected Sirius XM. I’m sure everyone has done those and seen the generic info listed there, HOWEVER you can scroll down and there is a button at the bottom that says “stop Sirius beta” select, it will prompt you that to hit confirm, once you do the button changes to “listen to Sirius XM beta” select that and it works!!!!
Holy hell !! I haven’t had SXM in about 2 weeks. Texted with CS and it had been just written off as “beta software wait for an update”. Read this post and went out and tried it and IT WORKED. Thank you SaasManKS

I'll try this tomorrow, I just kind of thought the trial ended and so I came looking here to figure out how to fire up my existing Sirius account in the Lucid.

Tried this and it completely erased all siriusxm data from the vehicle, not even the categories are showing again ( No items Available). Buyer beware before you take the above step!!!!

Tried this and it completely erased all siriusxm data from the vehicle, not even the categories are showing again ( No items Available). Buyer beware before you take the above step!!!!
That stinks, All my stations/favorites carried over

I guess you’d beta watch out??

Thanks! It took me several tries. The Sirius takes a while to reload. The car actually shut off and locked me in the car! I used the key to unlock, then everything worked!

Server-side buffering isn’t what @HC_79 is referring to. The car should keep a longer buffer locally, so it would perhaps be 3 minutes behind but would be consistent.
Still a local 3 min buffer would mean you are listening 3 min behind the satellite feed which is at times annoying for news, business and sports.

The buffer should be dynamic based upon cellular connectivity conditions.

Still a local 3 min buffer would mean you are listening 3 min behind the satellite feed which is at times annoying for news, business and sports.

The buffer should be dynamic based upon cellular connectivity conditions.
Or user selectable.

Or user selectable.
I would just like it to be stable. I find issues when going from Wi-Fi in my garage to cellular. It is much better now later in the beta period but still delays when going between Wi-Fi and cellular.

I have not had to do one of your namesake resets for a long time for SiriusXM. That tells me Lucid/SiriusXM are tweaking and getting overall improvements (perhaps on the server side) even without OTA updates to the car.

It’s very usable now in its current state so I think it’s close. No one should complain. They are not charging for it. Tesla has no SiriusXM option at all other than Bluetooth to your phone app.

Back