SiriusXM Megathread

I would just like it to be stable. I find issues when going from Wi-Fi in my garage to cellular. It is much better now later in the beta period but still delays when going between Wi-Fi and cellular.

I have not had to do one of your namesake resets for a long time for SiriusXM. That tells me Lucid/SiriusXM are tweaking and getting overall improvements (perhaps on the server side) even without OTA updates to the car.

It’s very usable now in its current state so I think it’s close. No one should complain. They are not charging for it. Tesla has no SiriusXM option at all other than Bluetooth to your phone app.
I had that exact same issue. I just turned off the Wi-Fi in the car because it would take a solid 15 to 30 seconds to figure out that it was time to change the cellular.

I would just like it to be stable. I find issues when going from Wi-Fi in my garage to cellular. It is much better now later in the beta period but still delays when going between Wi-Fi and cellular.

I have not had to do one of your namesake resets for a long time for SiriusXM. That tells me Lucid/SiriusXM are tweaking and getting overall improvements (perhaps on the server side) even without OTA updates to the car.

It’s very usable now in its current state so I think it’s close. No one should complain. They are not charging for it. Tesla has no SiriusXM option at all other than Bluetooth to your phone app.
It hasn't worked for me since .48. I called CS about 3 items (no sound out of turn signal, no SXM, poor phone audio quality. He didn't have an answer except to say he thought SXM was coming out of beta in the next release.

Well, I Siriusly ;) hope they get the ability to select and retain favorites sorted. I have been able to get Sirius lately (for the most part), but saving favorites just doesn't work, at least from one drive to the next. It's way too cumbersome to "surf" the channels while driving, so I tend to listen to one channel only.

It hasn't worked for me since .48. I called CS about 3 items (no sound out of turn signal, no SXM, poor phone audio quality. He didn't have an answer except to say he thought SXM was coming out of beta in the next release.
Interesting you mentioned this. I noticed the same phone audio and turn signal sound issue starting late last week. It thought it was just my but my daughter (12) also called this out - she is becoming a vested driving partner now.

Has anyone received an email from XM pitching their subscription? I haven't had the service in years so I am trying to determine if it is because of Lucid or a random "hey we want you back thing".

I have the exact same blank screen and problem - past 48 hours. Reboots don't seem to help...yet.
And just like that - at approx. 10:15am (PT) Sirius is back with no intervention, but, all previous favorites are gone...

And just like that - at approx. 10:15am (PT) Sirius is back with no intervention, but, all previous favorites are gone...
I was having this problem with the .50 update. It corrected itself a few days ago and the favorites are back. Maybe you can try logging out/in to XM as see if that helps.

Randomly lost SXM access like 4 days ago. Didn't correspond with an update which is odd. I just get this message:
1B8E6498-343F-4219-BDF2-5581446885D8.jpeg

Randomly lost SXM access like 4 days ago. Didn't correspond with an update which is odd. I just get this message:
View attachment 9695
Try a Bobby reset. I also see from your display that you do not have any cellular or Wi-Fi service right now. Is that correct?

I tried on a whim last week to enter all my favorites back in and it has retained them ever since, very happy about that.

I went through a couple of weeks where SiriusXM was unreliable so I thought that I would just ignore it until the next update. Well, a few days ago it started working again and is working very well. My guess is that some server-side code was improved.

I am based in Scottsdale, and I have only had Sirius work once, the first week I purchased it since then --- nothing/
I had to log out of the SiriusXM beta account and log back in a couple of times.

Try a Bobby reset. I also see from your display that you do not have any cellular or Wi-Fi service right now. Is that correct?
I will try the Bobby reset tomorrow. Cell service at the time was full bars but it's cut off on the left side of this picture.

Bobby reset for the win!! SXM working now

I’ve been talking with my service center a lot about the radio/connection, it was always going out, and I kept telling my guy, I know it’s a beta and I can’t get mad about that, but even when I switch to Spotify or tidal, it can’t reconnect, so it was super frustrating bc it wasn’t always an option to pull over and do a Bobby reset, but after paying super close attention for a while it became apparent that all the data connectivity issues I was having with Spotify and tidal, were because I was switching from SXM. Once I completely stopped listening to SXM, all the other services started working flawlessly. What we talked about was perhaps SXM bc it’s streaming from the internet is overwhelming the cards buffer memory and it’s completely knocking out all data, SXM is my fav I love it so that’s why I was always starting there; but I guess I’ll have to wait for it to get “beta” 😅

In all the years I've had SXM in my cars, I've never had the functionality that starts the song at the beginning when you switch channels. I wonder if that buffering is causing some of the performance issues? Personally, I prefer to receive the live feed and don't need to start at the beginning of the song when changing channels.

In all the years I've had SXM in my cars, I've never had the functionality that starts the song at the beginning when you switch channels. I wonder if that buffering is causing some of the performance issues? Personally, I prefer to receive the live feed and don't need to start at the beginning of the song when changing channels.
This is one of, if not the difference between radio and web streaming…they are going for a better experience, with more channels

I had Sirius 360L in my last car (BMW) and it provided plenty of additional streaming channels. Not sure what the beta product Lucid is offering provides over and above the 360L package; I was already pretty overwhelmed with the number of channels in that package. Will be interested to see what the final, non-beta SXM looks like.

Back