SiriusXM Megathread

Yes, but will try again tomorrow in an area with better cell service than my garage.
Has anyone been able to command "Alexa, play the Bridge <Station Name > on SiriusXm"? Her response is "Not supported on this device. " This command works on all my home echo devices.

Has anyone been able to command "Alexa, play the Bridge <Station Name > on SiriusXm"? Her response is "Not supported on this device. " This command works on all my home echo devices.
No. This does work in our other cars.

No. This does work in our other cars.
No, because Alexa sucks. My wife her and I were in the car and we told Alexa to play 20 questions. She told us to think of an animal. We did. Alexa started asking questions. She made it through about seven questions and then she went silent. Does that mean we won?

No, because Alexa sucks. My wife her and I were in the car and we told Alexa to play 20 questions. She told us to think of an animal. We did. Alexa started asking questions. She made it through about seven questions and then she went silent. Does that mean we won?
Lol it’s because XM is still in beta and lucid hasn’t added the commands for her to control it, that’s all.

Lol it’s because XM is still in beta and lucid hasn’t added the commands for her to control it, that’s all.
Yes, this is true also of others commands that Alexa does not understand. Lucid just needs to enable them. It’s not a shortcoming of Alexa, regardless of the other Alexa shortcomings. The wake-up phrase can also be customized. I wonder why Lucid hasn’t done that?

SiriusXM in the Lucid decided to just “forget” all my “Favorites “. No resets, of any variety, brought them back. Just re-entered them yesterday. We’ll see if Lucid remembers them now and hasn’t developed some form of cognitive impairment or just a bad attitude.

Looking forward to some new updates that might help SiriusXM as well as offer some new options.

My SiriusXM has also stopped working now. Always says it's dealing with a slow connection. Used to work perfectly on 0.47 before.

I noticed that throughout these XM updates, that the version number of the XM software has not changed. It still says "App Version Beta 1a", which puts into question if there are any actual updates being pushed (it could also mean no one is updating the version number):
IMG_2088.jpeg

I've never heard about any Sirius updates it's always been just this same beta.

More often than not, when SiriusXM does work (sort of), I get into the car in silence and have to either change music sources or SiriusXM stations or both, to get SiriusXM to actually play music. I look forward to the day when I can get into the car and have it consistently play music with the most recent source/station at the most recent volume level without having to go through the stereo gymnastics. That and being able to shut my garage door without pressing a "series" of buttons.

Good news is that it appears to have kept my SiriusXM favorites stored since I last re-entered them.

I have theory about drop-outs on SiriusXM and other streaming services. I'm starting to wonder if it has to do with the wifi to cellular handoff. I have strong wifi in the garage which lasts until a couple hundred feet outside my driveway. Streaming services work great the moment I get into the car. Then, when it needs to switch over to cellular, there is often a lengthy period (30 seconds) of silence as the system figures it out. Then, it's fine again. As a possible solution, I turned off wifi within the car itself and the problem seems to have gone away. I will continue to monitor this. Meanwhile, I hope a future update makes this handoff more seamless, like on a phone.

I have theory about drop-outs on SiriusXM and other streaming services. I'm starting to wonder if it has to do with the wifi to cellular handoff. I have strong wifi in the garage which lasts until a couple hundred feet outside my driveway. Streaming services work great the moment I get into the car. Then, when it needs to switch over to cellular, there is often a lengthy period (30 seconds) of silence as the system figures it out. Then, it's fine again. As a possible solution, I turned off wifi within the car itself and the problem seems to have gone away. I will continue to monitor this. Meanwhile, I hope a future update makes this handoff more seamless, like on a phone.
This actually makes a lot of sense. iOS has gotten better at this over the years, but my iPhone used to have a heck of a time trying desperately to cling onto a fading WiFi signal rather than swapping over to a more readily available LTE or 5G signal.

SiriusXM in the Lucid decided to just “forget” all my “Favorites “. No resets, of any variety, brought them back. Just re-entered them yesterday. We’ll see if Lucid remembers them now and hasn’t developed some form of cognitive impairment or just a bad attitude.

Looking forward to some new updates that might help SiriusXM as well as offer some new options.
I've had this happen a couple of times also. They've disappeared in .47 but have come back by themselves after a while. I think it's like the early days of TiDAL where the low cell coverage makes the app unstable and needs some fine tuning. I have to say I am impressed with the SXM App given it's infancy and in beta. The live channels and on demand integrate seamlessly and the fact that even on live channels it starts the song at the beginning it a nice feature.

I've had this happen a couple of times also. They've disappeared in .47 but have come back by themselves after a while. I think it's like the early days of TiDAL where the low cell coverage makes the app unstable and needs some fine tuning. I have to say I am impressed with the SXM App given it's infancy and in beta. The live channels and on demand integrate seamlessly and the fact that even on live channels it starts the song at the beginning it a nice feature.
I like the idea of starting the song at the beginning, but the artist and title info doesn’t come up until the next song. If you allow the system to start the song in the middle, it immediately displays said info. I also think the artist and title are swapped from where they ought to be on the interface.

I think your right, there is a lag when switching from wifi to cellular. It is also noticeable if I try to enter an address in the navigation when I pull out of the garage.

I have definitely found that to be the case when leaving my house with the handoff. Honestly, it's not just this SiriusXM beta that I experience that with. It happens to me all the time when on a Microsoft Teams call, if I'm on wifi and it switches to cell, I'll drop for a 5-10 seconds while it reconnects. I'm sure it'll be fixed (at at least improved) in a future update...

I have definitely found that to be the case when leaving my house with the handoff. Honestly, it's not just this SiriusXM beta that I experience that with. It happens to me all the time when on a Microsoft Teams call, if I'm on wifi and it switches to cell, I'll drop for a 5-10 seconds while it reconnects. I'm sure it'll be fixed (at at least improved) in a future update...
Yes, it happens on anything streaming. I have given up on using Wi-Fi entirely since the cellular signal is pretty strong at my house anyway.

Yes, it happens on anything streaming. I have given up on using Wi-Fi entirely since the cellular signal is pretty strong at my house anyway.
I wish that were the case for me. Cellular is bad at my home as I am close to the Santa Ana Mountains / Cleveland National Forest. I did experience playing SXM (1st Wave Party Mix) and when I left wifi range, the car stopped playing the current song, but played the next one in the SXM station playlist. Haven't tried with an actual station. I'm sure that this will improve. Seems like a larger buffer is needed when on Wi-Fi to allow a better hand off. But TBH, if I'm streaming music in my Tesla using the built in Slacker service, I get a similar issue where music will stop at times when Cellular handoff occurs.

Alexa in the home works well. Alexa Home can play 20 questions and turn on tune Sirius. Not sure why they couldn't port that part of the code.

More often than not, when SiriusXM does work (sort of), I get into the car in silence and have to either change music sources or SiriusXM stations or both, to get SiriusXM to actually play music. I look forward to the day when I can get into the car and have it consistently play music with the most recent source/station at the most recent volume level without having to go through the stereo gymnastics. That and being able to shut my garage door without pressing a "series" of buttons.

Good news is that it appears to have kept my SiriusXM favorites stored since I last re-entered them.
I have to re-select my favorites almost daily. Sort of defeats the utility of siriusXM/

Back