SiriusXM Megathread

Wish they had Pandora.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they added that eventually. After all, if Tesla added Apple Music, anything is possible.

Wish they had Pandora.
I thought I saw "Pandora" when I tapped the SiriusXM icon, but I might be mistaken. I will have to verify that the next time I go out to the garage.

@borski - Just curious, what new (2022) cars do not include the ability to subscribe to SiriusXM Satellite radio? I am sure there are some, but not any of the ones I would consider even vaguely as competition. I might be wrong. The argument that Lucid never said it was going to have it is valid, but only to a point. First, I would imagine most just assumed it would given the price point and today's offerings. I would imagine there may be more cars out there without NAV than without SiriusXM SATELLITE radio. Removing the customer's choice of whether they could even get Satellite radio was a major screw-up/oversight/whatever, no need to candy coat it or dwell on it, but also no need to try and argue that "they never said it was going to be there". That is just making excuses. There are many things they never said were going to be there, but are.

They made a mistake and they are trying to fix it to the best of their ability. That is all we can ask for and expect at this point, water under the bridge, so to speak. One thing though, Gravity will not be considered by my wife without SiriusXM Satellite radio if the alternatives she is considering have it.

I thought I saw "Pandora" when I tapped the SiriusXM icon, but I might be mistaken. I will have to verify that the next time I go out to the garage.

@borski - Just curious, what new (2022) cars do not include the ability to subscribe to SiriusXM Satellite radio? I am sure there are some, but not any of the ones I would consider even vaguely as competition. I might be wrong. The argument that Lucid never said it was going to have it is valid, but only to a point. First, I would imagine most just assumed it would given the price point and today's offerings. I would imagine there may be more cars out there without NAV than without SiriusXM SATELLITE radio. Removing the customer's choice of whether they could even get Satellite radio was a major screw-up/oversight/whatever, no need to candy coat it or dwell on it, but also no need to try and argue that "they never said it was going to be there". That is just making excuses. There are many things they never said were going to be there, but are.

They made a mistake and they are trying to fix it to the best of their ability. That is all we can ask for and expect at this point, water under the bridge, so to speak. One thing though, Gravity will not be considered by my wife without SiriusXM Satellite radio if the alternatives she is considering have it.

My Genesis GV60 does have real SXM.

But...every car has some features and misses some features. As I have said elsewhere in this forum, one must evaluate the entire package and compare that package to others and not fixate on a single missing feature that may be in other cars.

For example, my Genesis did a simple thing: it gave me my two fobs in two different colors (ebony and ivory) to avoid mixing them up. A simple thing. Why doesn't everyone do it? But I am not going to evaluate the car because it has it or doesn't have it.

It is true that certain features are a "must have" for some folks. For them, fixation makes sense. I have said for several years that I would not buy a car again without a HUD. But then Lucid came along without one but with a display that came reasonably close. So my "must have" turned into a "must have unless".

My Genesis GV60 does have real SXM.

But...every car has some features and misses some features. As I have said elsewhere in this forum, one must evaluate the entire package and compare that package to others and not fixate on a single missing feature that may be in other cars.

For example, my Genesis did a simple thing: it gave me my two fobs in two different colors (ebony and ivory) to avoid mixing them up. A simple thing. Why doesn't everyone do it? But I am not going to evaluate the car because it has it or doesn't have it.

It is true that certain features are a "must have" for some folks. For them, fixation makes sense. I have said for several years that I would not buy a car again without a HUD. But then Lucid came along without one but with a display that came reasonably close. So my "must have" turned into a "must have unless".
Two different fob colors is a brilliant idea.

So long as you don't fight over who gets which.

Tesla added Apple Music, anything is possible.
I saw this and really hoping Lucid does the same thing and builds it natively into the UX.

This is precisely my point. It doesn’t really matter which cars do or don’t offer true satellite SXM; what matters is Lucid never did and didn’t say they would. That’s not an excuse; it’s just a feature that isn’t available on the Lucid Air.

There are other things the Lucid also doesn’t have, and there are yet more it does that other cars don’t.

Is this where I am supposed to complain about the lack of cd drive? I mean, my husband's BMW has one.

Is this where I am supposed to complain about the lack of cd drive? I mean, my husband's BMW has one.
While we're at it, how can I play my collection of ABBA 8-tracks in the vehicle? Mamma Mia, is there a slot somewhere that has yet to be enabled via FW?

I did find this interesting: “Executives claim there are 145 million cars on the road that have SiriusXM radio hardware, but only 34 million customers pay for the service, which means over 75 percent of cars with SiriusXM tuners don’t have an active subscription.” (Source: https://thedesk.net/2022/10/siriusxm-sports-only-plan-jennifer-witz-scott-greenstein/)

Lucid may have simply decided that Sirius XM had gone the way of the floppy (or the CD/DVD drive, if you’re Apple), and that their customer base had too few people who would want it.

I’m not saying that’s good or bad, right or wrong, etc.; I just thought it was an interesting data point.

The real signal (no pun intended) will be if they include a satellite radio antenna in the Gravity; if they do, it will be pretty clear it was an oversight on the Air. If they don’t, then they pretty clearly think most of their customers don’t want it.

I did find this interesting: “Executives claim there are 145 million cars on the road that have SiriusXM radio hardware, but only 34 million customers pay for the service, which means over 75 percent of cars with SiriusXM tuners don’t have an active subscription.” (Source: https://thedesk.net/2022/10/siriusxm-sports-only-plan-jennifer-witz-scott-greenstein/)

Lucid may have simply decided that Sirius XM had gone the way of the floppy (or the CD/DVD drive, if you’re Apple), and that their customer base had too few people who would want it.

I’m not saying that’s good or bad, right or wrong, etc.; I just thought it was an interesting data point.

The real signal (no pun intended) will be if they include a satellite radio antenna in the Gravity; if they do, it will be pretty clear it was an oversight on the Air. If they don’t, then they pretty clearly think most of their customers don’t want it.
Yes, I wonder how that really pans out. I have one customer account, but five cars and one "internetradio" on my account. Needs a bit more clarity to read anything into it. Further, how do those statistics hold for cars in this category? Does car = unique customer? Either way, Lucid managed to take the choice away rather than allow for the possibility.

As for gravity, if they do not include a Satellite radio antenna, it will not be considered as there will be other alternatives that will, most likely, be just as competitive at that time.

Two different fob colors is a brilliant idea.

So long as you don't fight over who gets which.
My wife has red fob cases for her cars! ;)

Yes, I wonder how that really pans out. I have one customer account, but five cars and one "internetradio" on my account. Needs a bit more clarity to read anything into it. Further, how do those statistics hold for cars in this category? Does car = unique customer? Either way, Lucid managed to take the choice away rather than allow for the possibility.

As for gravity, if they do not include a Satellite radio antenna, it will not be considered as there will be other alternatives that will, most likely, be just as competitive at that time.
I mean, I have Sirius XM enabled in our other cars, but it is only used in the BMW because that is all there is besides the regular radio and the one cd I had it save (Adele's 25 - I'm 99% sure my husband has no idea it is there). The only time i used it in the Tesla was when I really wanted to listen to music and none of the other apps worked.

Back