SiriusXM Megathread

Is it a known issue that if you try to stream SiriusXM without a great internet connection the app will be broken until you reset the car?

For example, when I'm parked in a parking structure. I can enter the structure with music playing. Then I leave the car for a few hours and when I come back, SiriusXM will try to play but with a weak connection the app just gets into a bad state that it cannot recover from.

The easiest way I've found to get out of this is a Bobby reset.
Weird. I hope they implement a fix to that.

I have had something similar happen, but have been able to change to a different SiriusXM channel and then back to the one I wanted in order to recover. I have also had it happen where all my SiriusXM favorites and channels are unavailable and I have to reset. I have also had SiriusXM revert back to the beginning of the song I was listening to and start over. Each of these happened on my round trip drive from Charlotte to UNC-Chapel Hill yesterday. The last happened multiple times.

Not too big of a deal and not really unexpected when relying on cell data coverage for the source, at least on the first and third scenario.

Is it a known issue that if you try to stream SiriusXM without a great internet connection the app will be broken until you reset the car?

For example, when I'm parked in a parking structure. I can enter the structure with music playing. Then I leave the car for a few hours and when I come back, SiriusXM will try to play but with a weak connection the app just gets into a bad state that it cannot recover from.

The easiest way I've found to get out of this is a Bobby reset.

Yes in this BETA release its doing this. Which for me in my neighborhood with a weak cell signal I need to buffer off of Wi-FI first.

I have also had it happen where all my SiriusXM favorites and channels are unavailable and I have to reset.
This specifically is what I was referring to. I can reproduce it very reliably. Happens when the car starts up with SiriusXM selected but without a strong cellular connection.

Switch profile to Guest (tap icon at top left of upper right screen). After it loads, switch back to your profile. Some say wait 2 minutes in between switches
For those of us who are still waiting on our vehicle.. can the Bobby ResetTM process be used while moving or only while parked?

I believe you need to be parked to switch profiles.
Correct, you must be in park. I tried it out yesterday. Luckily, I was in a part of town that allowed me to do it at a stoplight without much traffic around.

Yeah it's in beta and hopefully it'll get fixed.
It will never be fixed because it’s not satellite radio! It’s a poor cell signal imitation. For some reason that lucid wants us to understand, satellite radio (the kind found on every other car built all over the world, from the cheapest subcompact to luxury exotics) was too hard for lucid to build into their 160K “luxury sedans. Same for Apple CarPlay, too much to ask. Just hold your cellphone out of the window, then reset the software by finding a spot on the outside of the B puller, take all key fobs and walk 290 yards away, wait for 15 minutes then come back and try it again, it might work until you lose cell connection, regain connection and repeat the reset procedure (refer to instructions above). OR, put your cellphone on a suction cup holder, stick it to the windshield, hook up to the cars Bluetooth, and try to stare into that tiny bouncing vibrating screen while driving down a 6 lane expressway (maybe dream drive will help you while you’re looking away) scroll through lists of stations and try to control your radio that way. (Like the way you would if you were 13 and souping up your favorite bike with a speaker tied to the handlebars! Could be fun!!!
It’s currently Beta version. Switch to guest profile and return back for the fix.
Yeah it's in beta and hopefully it'll get fixed.
It will never be fixed because it’s not satellite radio! It’s a poor cell signal imitation. For some reason that lucid wants us to understand, satellite radio (the kind found on every other car built all over the world, from the cheapest subcompact to luxury exotics) was too hard for lucid to build into their 160K “luxury sedans. Same for Apple CarPlay, too much to ask. Just hold your cellphone out of the window, then reset the software by finding a spot on the outside of the B puller, take all key fobs and walk 290 yards away, wait for 15 minutes then come back and try it again, it might work until you lose cell connection, regain connection and repeat the reset procedure (refer to instructions above). OR, put your cellphone on a suction cup holder, stick it to the windshield, hook up to the cars Bluetooth, and try to stare into that tiny bouncing vibrating screen while driving down a 6 lane expressway (maybe dream drive will help you while you’re looking away) scroll through lists of stations and try to control your radio that way. (Like the way you would if you were 13 and souping up your favorite bike with a speaker tied to the handlebars! Could be fun!!!

With all due respect, please take a step away from the keyboard and try to calm down. We aim for calm and reasoned discourse here, not drama. Lucid never promised Sirius XM in the first place, and they never said it had a satellite radio antenna.

Plenty of other vehicles don’t have Sirius XM at all, and Lucid has provided a streaming option to be able to use Sirius XM despite having never promised it in the first place. They have also publicly stated it’s in beta, and released it for *free* during the beta period. Bugs will get fixed; that’s how betas work.

They have also stated CarPlay is coming, *possibly* even by the end of the year, so the irrelevant nature of that attack is misplaced.

The rest of your post is pure vitriol and histrionics, and if you continue to interact in that manner (essentially throwing a tantrum about a car you don’t even own yet), we will have no choice but to moderate the conversation.

Have a wonderful day.

Last edited:

With all due respect, please take a step away from the keyboard and try to calm down. We aim for calm and reasoned discourse here, not drama. Lucid never promised Sirius XM in the first place, and they never said it had a satellite radio antenna.

Plenty of other vehicles don’t have Sirius XM at all, and Lucid has provided a streaming option to be able to use Sirius XM despite having never promised it in the first place. They have also publicly stated it’s in beta, and released it for *free* during the beta period. Bugs will get fixed; that’s how betas work.

They have also stated CarPlay is coming, *possibly* even by the end of the year, so the irrelevant nature of that attack is misplaced.

The rest of your post is pure vitriol and histrionics, and if you continue to interact in that manner (essentially throwing a tantrum about a car you don’t even own yet), we will have no choice but to moderate the conversation.

Have a wonderful day.
Lucid absolutely should have included a SiriusXM receiver! This was just a bad decision. Every car that we have purchased in the last 10 years has come with a SiriusXM radio.

Lucid absolutely should have included a SiriusXM receiver! This was just a bad decision. Every car that we have purchased in the last 10 years has come with a SiriusXM radio.
I never said it was a good or bad decision. I actually agree that it would have been better for them to. And it’s okay to wish they had!

But they never said they would, and the post above is not the type of constructive discourse we would like to engage in and prop up.

I hope that makes sense, and isn’t controversial.

I can't say I don't agree. Thankfully, the streaming version works well for me so far.

I can't say I don't agree. Thankfully, the streaming version works well for me so far.
Well, I have said this before but here in Houston I get far too many cell data dropouts to stream music and would much rather have a SiriusXM receiver. I am using the streaming version, when it works.

Well, I have said this before but here in Houston I get far too many cell data dropouts to stream music and would much rather have a SiriusXM receiver. I am using the streaming version, when it works.
I hear you; that sucks, and is the limitation of them not having included a satellite antenna in the build. Maybe they will in the Gravity, who knows.

But at least there is *an* option now, even if it isn’t true satellite.

I just received and installed 2.0.35 and my radio is working again, too. Prior to the update the only audio I could get was Tidal but now all seems to be working. I love this car! Thanks, Lucid!
Just a thought... was @BruceH referring to XM or AM/FM radio? Some of us actually listen to a few HD radio stations as well..

Don‘t buy the car. It doesn’t deserve you. It’ll only make you miserable.

Back