SiriusXM Megathread

Switch profile to Guest (tap icon at top left of upper right screen). After it loads, switch back to your profile. Some say wait 2 minutes in between switches
Thx. BTW, have you heard of any problems with the 2.0.35 update? I am gun shy about updates lately.

what were some of the issues that required a reboot? To that end, what kind of reboot? left directional and lock? Other?

what were some of the issues that required a reboot? To that end, what kind of reboot? left directional and lock? Other?
See this thread.

Use either the turn sigal reboot or the valet card reboot.

It seems that the 2.0.35 update has actually made a lot of improvements for me with XM. Yesterday, I drove up the “mountains“ from Tucson to Pinetop AZ (200 miles). Usually, there is poor cell reception during most of this trip: zero or one bar. I started the trip with the XM app running and throughout most of the trip I was surprised that I was still getting reception with only one bar showing. I did switch a few times to XM satellite radio. The main annoyance now has been that the XM app is about two minutes behind the satellite XM. But this has always been the case of the XM app.

Today I had Amazon Music playing, but the blue “Alexa listening and thinking” bar stayed lit Blue for the entire ride while the music played. Also, the navigation did not show in the “Air” spot when I switched back to the music screen. It all came back after a little rest in the garage.

Hey they stole the Bobby reset!
will your "reset" procedure help with other problems as well? Depending on the source or even song on other sources, my Alexa either goes silent or stops functioning. Will the "Bobby Reset" help this or is it only helpful for XM?

will your "reset" procedure help with other problems as well? Depending on the source or even song on other sources, my Alexa either goes silent or stops functioning. Will the "Bobby Reset" help this or is it only helpful for XM?
Try it and report back, please.

Today I had Amazon Music playing, but the blue “Alexa listening and thinking” bar stayed lit Blue for the entire ride while the music played. Also, the navigation did not show in the “Air” spot when I switched back to the music screen. It all came back after a little rest in the garage.
I have had this problem before and now again. One time no music but navigation sound worked. Yesterday happened again and seems to be tied to a single track on Tidal. crazy.

I have had this problem before and now again. One time no music but navigation sound worked. Yesterday happened again and seems to be tied to a single track on Tidal. crazy.
Interesting, because I haven’t used Tidal yet myself

I've had this as well. It seems to be Alexa. Alexa sucks.

Try it and report back, please.
have you heard about a full reboot procedure where you press the "x" and Alexa voice buttons on the steering wheel while putting your foot on the brake pedal?

Moderator Edit: Lucid has told us that this reboot can damage the vehicle in some circumstances. Please DO NOT USE IT!

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks .... would be great if you would post that in a separate thread

thanks .... would be great if you would post that in a separate thread

I almost exclusively use bluetooth and sometimes the audio just stops working. Doesn't impact Nav if it is on. Sometimes switching sources will fix. Most of the time a soft reset will fix. Driving without sound, is when you notice the steering motor and suspension noises. 😂

The interesting thing is that I have a houseful of Alexas, and she’s generally flawless there. It has to be the auto implementation somehow.

Is it a known issue that if you try to stream SiriusXM without a great internet connection the app will be broken until you reset the car?

For example, when I'm parked in a parking structure. I can enter the structure with music playing. Then I leave the car for a few hours and when I come back, SiriusXM will try to play but with a weak connection the app just gets into a bad state that it cannot recover from.

The easiest way I've found to get out of this is a Bobby reset.

Back