Seeking advice for adding a sub

Reaction score
Cars
Tbd
I have the base surreal spun system and find it very lacking, no depth to it... Took my air by the highest rated car audio shop in my area and asked for advice on adding low end fidelity with out crazy thumping.. They suggested the following and I want to know if anyone has some something similar or has advice warnings

They suggest a 12" low profile down firing box with an 800 watt amp.. It will Include a base dial so I can adjust the base to my liking... It's Made by a company called kicker.. Which seems to have good reviews on crutch field and Amazon.. Links to the products below.. He say it will fit in the sub truck and I will be able to put the cover down over it.. Keeping out of site.. I like this One because it Wil be clean and two so the wife doesn't ask pesky questions about the cost.. He said out the door I am looking at 1k for equipment and install... Looking for people with experience to share some wisdom

link for the subwoofer and amp:

I should add this is my first time upgrading a sound system I previously had audis and jeeps with upgraded sound systems that I loved and didn't need to change

There are powered versions of the Kicker sub instead that would simplify the install. You could then DIY. See my thread below with the smaller powered sub.

Back