Secondary Market

Bill55

Verified Owner
Cars
Sapphire - Dream Edition
DE Number
Bring a trailer auction that just closed a DE was bid to 132k. Secondary market for Lucid Airs seems very soft.
Any one have knowledge of cars that have sold elsewhere? 132k is 77% of sticker. I just sold a 21 Yukon AT4 with 22k miles for 87%.
1672688156658.png

Looks like that auction may have turned some would be buyers off because it was originally listed as a range and there was a shill bidder trying to bid up the price. How does the 520 limited edition dreams work when they are starting to deliver more of them in Europe? How many more dreams are going to be sold there? Are the Saudi's going to get dreams too?

Looks like that auction may have turned some would be buyers off because it was originally listed as a range and there was a shill bidder trying to bid up the price. How does the 520 limited edition dreams work when they are starting to deliver more of them in Europe? How many more dreams are going to be sold there? Are the Saudi's going to get dreams
Entire market is quickly softening. Your Yukon appeals to a much wider audience.
It sold into same softening market. There is a wider audience, but there are also many many more available and GM is starting to have new inventory.

Perhaps a better compare is the Rivians put into the after market are doing quite well.

I haven’t looked into the Taycan secondary market. That is probably one of the better comparisons.

Bring a trailer auction that just closed a DE was bid to 132k. Secondary market for Lucid Airs seems very soft.
Any one have knowledge of cars that have sold elsewhere? 132k is 77% of sticker. I just sold a 21 Yukon AT4 with 22k miles for 87%.
View attachment 8274
What a great deal! $132k Eureka gold with stealth wrap. It’s already have 2 owners history for 900 miles. 🧐

That car didn't meet reserve.

That car didn't meet reserve.
For the Air right now, seller’s expectations seem higher than buyers are willing to go.
Nice with BaT to be able to see bid to and sold prices.
New to EV performance buyers seem to be looking at the price difference between a Model S plaid and an Air.
As Mercedes, BMW, and Porsche bring more and better cars to market, I think Lucid has a small window of time to get established as a Luxury EV brand. I’m hoping production numbers and Quality continue to improve. More awareness of Lucid as a Luxury brand will help with resale. When I put a deposit on a Sapphire I was planning on turning the DE-P for 155-165k. That’s seems optimistic at this point. Perhaps in the spring.
Hope springs eternal.

Regarding the Taycan market, since I sold my Taycan 4S last week, it isn't particularly strong at the moment either. But my car had over 34,000 miles on it.

Entire market is quickly softening. Your Yukon appeals to a much wider audience.
How much have one-year-old Model Ss depreciated? Might be a good comparison.

I don't know how the heck leasing companies set residual values for Lucid's..

I just paid $124k for a 5,000 mile GT on 11/21.

Interior and exterior combinations seem to strongly determine the resale value. My preferred combination either has no owners willing to sell, or they are being quickly grabbed after being posted. Zenith Red and Tahoe interior are the best combination after all.

Note: I am no longer actively looking after purchasing my GT new. Market may have and probably has changed in the past month.

Interior and exterior combinations seem to strongly determine the resale value. My preferred combination either has no owners willing to sell, or they are being quickly grabbed after being posted. Zenith Red and Tahoe interior are the best combination after all.

Note: I am no longer actively looking after purchasing my GT new. Market may have and probably has changed in the past month.
You are correct, I’ve been seeing mostly infinity black and stellar white on websites for sell instead. I have Zenith Red/Tahoe combo.

I been looking for a used GT for awhile. It seems to me that the Tahoe interior is quite popular for resale. They seem to be priced a couple of K more. And red with Tahoe is rare and those get snatched up.

Looks like that auction may have turned some would be buyers off because it was originally listed as a range and there was a shill bidder trying to bid up the price. How does the 520 limited edition dreams work when they are starting to deliver more of them in Europe? How many more dreams are going to be sold there? Are the Saudi's going to get dreams too?
There are no more DE (dream edition) cars for sale... ever. 520 made and all sold.

There are no more DE (dream edition) cars for sale... ever. 520 made and all sold.
Yeah. Have to buy them second hand.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a custom #521 made and given to a Saudi prince. Lol

Yeah. Have to buy them second hand.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a custom #521 made and given to a Saudi prince. Lol
I'll step up and swap my DE for a Sapphire ;)

Here's the article I saw. If they already delivered 520 here how could they deliver any to Europe ?

Here's another article from yesterday about deliveries starting and in Saudi Arabia and it looks like the family got a gold one. I'm not sure if there were only 520.

Here's the article I saw. If they already delivered 520 here how could they deliver any to Europe ?

Here's another article from yesterday about deliveries starting and in Saudi Arabia and it looks like the family got a gold one. I'm not sure if there were only 520.

They probably held back some of the 520 DEs to sell in Europe BUT my guess is that they'd have to be European speced so not sure. Can't imagine that they'd want to piss off customers if they (we) found out that there were more than 520 DEs. That all deserves a big hmmmmm emoji 🤔. I wonder if @Firstto520 has any insight?

They probably held back some of the 520 DEs to sell in Europe BUT my guess is that they'd have to be European speced so not sure. Can't imagine that they'd want to piss off customers if they (we) found out that there were more than 520 DEs. That all deserves a big hmmmmm emoji 🤔. I wonder if @Firstto520 has any insight?
I believe they announced some time ago that Europe would indeed get a run of Dream Editions. I don’t know if it’s an additional 520, or what, but this is not new. And it’s not an allocation from the original 520.

My understanding is the Dream was limited edition in each launch market. So US may have 520 and Europe may have 520 etc. The DE was definitely available to order in Europe

Back