Order cancellation, may buy a used one later

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjp74

No one probably cares but here is my reasoning. First, I am not financially rich by any means... just a pationate car guy with special interest in EV. I owned several budge EVs since 2010 starting with Nissan Leaf.. never could afford a Tesla. Lucid Air Touring would have been a big stratch of my budge but I was willing to do it because I fell in love... more so than how I fell it love when Model S was first introduced.

Locked in legacy pricing with potential EV credit (contract signed in Aug), I thought I would be getting an amazing car at a discounted deal that if I don't like it, I could sell it and break even. Then I started seeing Grand Tourings on secondary market failing to attract much bids. As you know 150k GTs are being offered for as low as $110-130k asking price with just few thousands miles and there are many to choose from.

WIth a looming resession and ever increasing loan rate... I felt like I should hold out for a deal on GT on the secondary market for less than what I would have paid for my order if I really want an Air. Plus we have an early reservation on Rivian R1S and I was able to convince her that a sedan is better for us down the road than a SUV with kids in high school (they will start driving their own car) and we are not that outdoorsy people either. But she is leaning back toward R1S now. It's cheaper too... 80k fully load vs 105k for air except my delivery estimate is second half of this year. so it will come down to wait and see... a new R1S or an used AGT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back