Scraped chin, should I be concerned?

lucidukan

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
While turning into the parking lot at the local post office I had to cut across a lane, and in a hurry to make it in didn’t quite notice the approach angle from the street. A jarring thud ensued, my heart jumped, but I was safely in. Back home inspecting the underside there is a 3x4 deep scratch on the driver side. Slightly less on passenger side.

Needless to say I am miffed after just a month of taking delivery and driving super carefully. How common is this? Should I be concerned and take it in to inspect for any damage? Had anyone replaced the underside? If so what’s the cost? Probably too early to be thinking of it, but just curious.

Thanks in advance!

While turning into the parking lot at the local post office I had to cut across a lane, and in a hurry to make it in didn’t quite notice the approach angle from the street. A jarring thud ensued, my heart jumped, but I was safely in. Back home inspecting the underside there is a 3x4 deep scratch on the driver side. Slightly less on passenger side.

Needless to say I am miffed after just a month of taking delivery and driving super carefully. How common is this? Should I be concerned and take it in to inspect for any damage? Had anyone replaced the underside? If so what’s the cost? Probably too early to be thinking of it, but just curious.

Thanks in advance!
It's fine, no one will know but you, but that's what that ballistic plastic is for, to absorb those scrapes.

You are not alone. I actually scraped the crap out of the front underside of my Lucid Air as well. I was at a light that changed when the guy in front of me a couple of cars ahead and one lane over decided to give a homeless person several dollar bills after we had already started moving. He held out the bills and released them causing them to flutter into the road. I had to swerve to avoid the homeless person running after them and somehow missed the fact that there was a giant dip in the middle of the intersection so I got a nasty crunch. Fortunately everything is fine but some pretty deep scratches. It all happened in a matter of seconds and I was watching the person rather than staring at the road to inspect it for poor maintenance. It drives me crazy knowing that they are there but I can't see them.

Saw this product posted in another thread:

I have lightly scraped mine, as well.

I completely destroyed the body pan of my BMW going over some of the deep depressions that Phoenix loves to put at intersections so the rain water (whatever that is) can run down the street. When I enter a street by my house, I have to drive at 3 mph through the intersection. But, as noted above, the purpose of the pan is to protect the car from damage.

Sorry to hear. Just put a little Mercurochrome on it and you’ll be as good as new. I too am dreading my first chin scratch

I just let the scratches on the underside go until I eventually have to replace the plastic shield. It’s not insanely expensive, but it scrapes my garage 95% of the time I pull in, and getting the concrete and grade redone would cost far more than replacing a few of the skid plates.

Back