Safety features disabled

Hcuellar77

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Several times now, usually on roadtrips, I get the message that the front camera is blocked and safety features are disabled. I think lane assist gets disabled, other times I get the error that the face camera is blocked and driver monitoring is disabled.
It always resolves when I finish the trip and next time I get in the car is solved but I was wondering if this is a common error or if is something to call Lucid about, it would be hard to replicate as is always random and almost entirely on long trips.
Anyone expiriencing this?

Never had that issue. Bugs on the front camera??

Several times now, usually on roadtrips, I get the message that the front camera is blocked and safety features are disabled. I think lane assist gets disabled, other times I get the error that the face camera is blocked and driver monitoring is disabled.
It always resolves when I finish the trip and next time I get in the car is solved but I was wondering if this is a common error or if is something to call Lucid about, it would be hard to replicate as is always random and almost entirely on long trips.
Anyone expiriencing this?
I have seen the "front camera blocked" message show up for a split second - sometimes two seconds and then goes away. The weird thing is that this *always* happens when I'm going up the corkscrew ramp of the parking structure at my work. Here are some observations:

1. When it happens, it always does so when I'm moving from the corkscrew ramp to flat ground.
2. I've also seen the "STOP" sign on the right cockpit panel (the entire right screen goes red) along with audible warning for a split second when I move from the corkscrew ramp to flat ground.
3. I don't know if this has anything to do with a mirror installed on the ceiling to help you see around the corner. There are also a few vertical bars installed for indicating up/dn lane on the ramp. Maybe the car thinks I'm going to hit those bars as I go around the corkscrew.

I keep getting the face camera blocked and disabling the driver monitoring. This usually happens within a few minutes of driving. It is a repeat issue so obviously not there when starting car and driving before it comes on.

I keep getting the face camera blocked and disabling the driver monitoring. This usually happens within a few minutes of driving. It is a repeat issue so obviously not there when starting car and driving before it comes on.
I kept getting that error also, is a design flaw, you will need to lower the wheel until you freely see the camera on the bottom, depending on your settings, for me I have to drive with the wheel lower than I want and you cant see the top of the screens but that solved it 100%.

I kept getting that error also, is a design flaw, you will need to lower the wheel until you freely see the camera on the bottom, depending on your settings, for me I have to drive with the wheel lower than I want and you cant see the top of the screens but that solved it 100%.
It wasn't an issue when we picked the car up in April of 2022 but started happening after one of the many software downloads. I'm not sure it is 100% related to the steering wheel position but if that solves the issue, great.

It wasn't an issue when we picked the car up in April of 2022 but started happening after one of the many software downloads. I'm not sure it is 100% related to the steering wheel position but if that solves the issue, great.
I would say same thing w my delivery experience and it started after some updates, I was also not convinced but all I can say is that it solved it for me. Hope yours gets solved too.

Back