Route 66 Fun Run

Pwmac

Verified Owner
Cars
GT Blk/SC/21
On May 5-7 2023 the 34th annual Route 66 Fun Run will take place in northern AZ and it would be great to see some other Lucids there. @Adnillien and I have already registered and plan to drive up Friday from PHX and spend the night in Williams, AZ. Saturday morning we will meet all the other cars in Seligman, AZ and then head over to Kingman for a car show and hang out for the night. Here's some more info.

On May 5-7 2023 the 34th annual Route 66 Fun Run will take place in northern AZ and it would be great to see some other Lucids there. @Adnillien and I have already registered and plan to drive up Friday from PHX and spend the night in Williams, AZ. Saturday morning we will meet all the other cars in Seligman, AZ and then head over to Kingman for a car show and hang out for the night. Here's some more info.

Since a couple of people asked about this at breakfast on Sunday I checked today and the registration is still open if you want to join.

It looks like a good turnout of EVs, this should make charging fun. Good thing Lucid Air can skip a station if needed. It should be lots of fun.
1683065429146.png

Good luck with the EA charging station in Kingman! That's a lot of TVs at a location that is notoriously untrustworthy.

Here is the route that @Pwmac and I will be taking. Probably check out the chargers in Sedona, Williams, Kingman, Needles and Quartzsite but we can skip a couple of those if the EA gods are unfriendly.
1683158392923.png

Here is the route that @Pwmac and I will be taking. Probably check out the chargers in Sedona, Williams, Kingman, Needles and Quartzsite but we can skip a couple of those if the EA gods are unfriendly.
View attachment 11987
Quartzite station 1 is down right now

That's what I keep hearing! Looking forward to the drive through Oak Creek Canyon.
I went thru Oak Creek Canyon two weeks ago and the glass roof gives you a completely different perspective. I used the charger at the Posse Grounds in March and they worked fine. I wanted go on the Fun Run, but won’t be able to. Watch out for potholes on I-40!

Attachments

• 0937BE1A-5EAE-4424-A02D-EEADECECB35C.jpeg
    0937BE1A-5EAE-4424-A02D-EEADECECB35C.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 82
I went thru Oak Creek Canyon two weeks ago and the glass roof gives you a completely different perspective. I used the charger at the Posse Grounds in March and they worked fine. I wanted go on the Fun Run, but won’t be able to. Watch out for potholes on I-40!
I take it these APS stations at Posse Grounds are operated by Electrify America and usable as plug-n-charge?

We are all packed up and ready to go to Sedona EA/APS chargers, then through Oak Creek Canyon and on to Williams. ABRP shows the trip to Williams will take 68% of the battery, Lucid navigation shows 61%. If the chargers in Sedona are not working for some reason, no problem. ADOT through a little wrench in our Sunday return plans through Lake Havasu and Quartzsite, I10 will be restricted to one lane in both directions all weekend. We may need to re-think our return.

1683307049123.png

I washed Lucid yesterday because I love starting a road trip in a clean car. It would probably make more sense to have waited and we returned?

We are all packed up and ready to go to Sedona EA/APS chargers, then through Oak Creek Canyon and on to Williams. ABRP shows the trip to Williams will take 68% of the battery, Lucid navigation shows 61%. If the chargers in Sedona are not working for some reason, no problem. ADOT through a little wrench in our Sunday return plans through Lake Havasu and Quartzsite, I10 will be restricted to one lane in both directions all weekend. We may need to re-think our return.

View attachment 12017

I washed Lucid yesterday because I love starting a road trip in a clean car. It would probably make more sense to have waited and we returned?
Just wash it twice. :)

View attachment 12017

No, it is always better to start with a clean car. I hope you have a great time!

Good luck and have fun! If I'm lucky I may see you in Kingman-- I'll be there visiting family. Not sure if I'll have the Lucid there, though-- more likely, our minivan.

The EA/APS chargers in Sedona is a very scenic location. Both of us saw widely varying charge rates jumping between 60kW and 130kW. We were only down to 53% so the it was more of a scenic stop than anything. We only planned to charge to 70-75% but were in the mid 80's before we were ready to leave.

1683334811059.png

The scenic overlook at the top of Oak Creek Canyon between Sedona and Flagstaff is a worth stop. Be sure to look for the road in first picture.

IMG_3231.jpeg

IMG_3229.jpeg
IMG_3227.jpeg
IMG_3223.jpeg

Back